Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com

Go down 
+3
cow-man
Faelwen
Local Bat Enthusiast
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Faelwen

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-17, 14:19

rubberneck
verb
-to look about or state with great curiousity, as by craning the neck or turning the head.
-to gawk at
noun
-a sightseer; tourist.
-an extremely curious person.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-18, 14:53

bucolic
adjective
-of, pertaining to, or suggesting and idyllic rural life.
-of or pertaining to shepherds; patoral.
noun
-a pastoral poem.
-Archaic. a farmer; shepherd; rustic.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-19, 22:03

tatterdemalion
adjective
-ragged; unkempt or dilapidated
noun
-a person in tatterd clothing; a shabby person
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-20, 14:31

schism
noun
-division or disunion, especially into mutually opposed parties.
-the parties so formed.
-Ecclesiastical. a. a formal division within, or separation from, a church or religious body or some doctrinal offense. b. the state of a sect or body formed by such division. c. the offense of causing or seeking to cause such a division.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-21, 15:30

geminate
adjective
-Also, geminated. combined or arranged in pairs, twin, coupled.
verb
-to make or become doubled or paired.
noun
-Phonetics. a double consonant sound.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-22, 13:45

sudser
noun
-Informal. any movie, play, or the like that is designed to provoke a tearful response.
-Informal. a soap opera
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-23, 14:39

apothegm
noun
-a short, pithy, instructive saying; a terse remark or aphorism.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-24, 14:49

yestreen
adverb
-during yesterday evening.
noun
-yesterday evening; last evening.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-25, 18:17

eternize
verb
-to make eternal; perpetuate.
-to immortalize.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-26, 13:52

quidnunc
noun
-a person who is eager to know the latest news or gossip; a gossip or busybody.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-27, 15:48

gainsay
verb
-to deny, dispute, or contradict.
-to speak or act against; oppose.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-28, 14:50

middling
adjective
-mediocre; ordinary; commonplace; pedestrian
-medium, moderate, or average in size, quantity, or quality
-Older Use. in fairly good health.
adverb
-moderately, fairly
noun
-middlings, any of various products or commodities of intermediate quality, grade, size, etc., as the coarser particles of ground wheat mingled with bran.
-Often, middlings. Also called middling meat.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-29, 18:04

agog
adjective
-highly excited by eagerness, curiosity, anticipation, etc.
adverb
-in a state of eager desire; excitedly
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-30, 15:59

extemporize
verb
-to speak with little or no advance preparation
-to sing, or play on an instrument, composing the music as one proceeds; improvise.
-to do or manage something in a makeshift way.
-to make or devise extempore.
-Music. to compose offhand; improvise
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-05-31, 15:26

moonbow
noun
-a rainbow caused by the refraction and reflection of light from the moon
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-01, 18:57

jiggery-pokery
noun
-Chiefly British. trickery, hocus-pocus; fraud; humbug
-Chiefly British. sly, underhand action
-Chiefly British. manipulation
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-02, 15:15

oxter
noun
-Scot. and North England. the armpit
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-03, 20:06

cryptozoology
noun
-the study of evidence tending to substantiate the existence of, or the search for. creatures whose reported existence is unproved, as the Abominable Snowman or the Loch Ness monster.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-04, 19:27

floccinaucinihilipilification
noun
-Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the english language).
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-05, 18:43

holophrase
noun
-a word functioning as a phrase or sentence, as the imperative Go!
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-06, 20:55

telesthesia
noun
-sensation or perception received at a distance without the normal operation of the recognized sense organs.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-07, 20:21

Aggrandize
verb
-to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
-to make great or greater in power, wealth, rank, or honor.
-to make (something) appear greater.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-08, 15:30

urbane
adjective
-having the polish and suavity regarded as characteristic of sophisticated social life in major cities
-reflecting elegance, sophisitcation, etc., especially in expression
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-09, 19:17

obsolescence
noun
-the state, process, or condition of being or becoming obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-10, 22:46

pentimento
noun
-Painting. the presence or emergence of earlier images, forms, or strokes that have been changed and painted over.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-11, 17:25

'sblood
interjection
-Obsolete. a euphemistic shortening of God's blood, used as an oath.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-12, 20:11

cavort
verb
-to prance or caper about.
-to behave in a high-spirited, festive manner; make merry
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-13, 14:40

shivaree
noun
-a mock serenade with kettles, pans, horns, and other noisemakers given for a newly married couple; charivari.
-Informal. an elaborate, noisy celebration.
verb
-to serenade with a shivaree.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-14, 21:38

unquiet
adjective
-agitated; restless; disordered; turbulent
-mentally or emotionally disturbed; vexed or perturbed; uneasy
noun
-a state of agitation, turbulence, disturbance, etc.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-15, 18:38

definiens
noun
-something that defines, especially the defining part of a dictionary entry.
-Logic. an expression in terms of which another may be adequately defined.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-16, 13:45

technophobia
noun
-abnormal fear or anxiety about the effects of advanced technology.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-17, 14:28

lackadaisical
adjective
-without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic
-lazy; indolent
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-18, 21:47

unreality
noun
-something that is unreal, invalid, imaginary, or illusory
-lack of reality; quality of being real
-incompetence or impracticality, especially in everyday matters.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-20, 00:31

inviolable
adjective
-prohibiting violation; secure from destruction, violence, infringement, or desecration
-incapable of being violated; incorruptible; unassailable

well now we know the definition of inviolable, and it's relevance to the Living Saint's aura in the SoB's stronghold in Kaurava
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-20, 21:43

cavil
verb
-to raise irritating and trivial objections; find fault with unnecessarily (usually followed by at or about)
-to oppose by inconsequential, frivolous, or sham objections
noun
-a trivial and annoying objection.
-the raising of such objections.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-21, 20:56

swashbuckler
noun
-a swaggering swordsman, soldier, or adventurer; daredevil.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-22, 13:41

clepe
verb
-Archaic. to call; name (now chiefly in the past participate as ycleped or yclept).
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-23, 22:35

otiose
adjective
-being at leisure; idle; indolent.
-ineffective or futile.
-superfluous or useless.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-24, 21:50

ennui
noun
-a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-26, 15:25

*shite I forgot yesterday*
tenderfoot
noun
-a raw, inexperienced person; novice.
-a newcomer to the ranching and mining regions of the western U.S., unused to hardships.
-one in the lowest rank of the Boy Scouts of America or Girl Scouts of America
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-27, 17:19

preprandial
adjective
-before a meal, especially before dinner; anteprandial
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-28, 14:23

stinkaroo
noun
-Slang. something markedly inferior in quality
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-29, 13:57

piebald
adjective
-having patches of black and white or of other colors; parti-colored.
noun
-a piebald animal, especially a horse.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-06-30, 14:56

whodunit
noun
-Informal. a narrative dealing with a murder or a series of murders and the detection of the criminal; detective story.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-01, 16:08

contradistinction
noun
-distinction by opposition or contrast
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-02, 13:48

dragoman
noun
-(In the Near East) a professional interpreter.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-02, 14:00

You sure it isnt a dragon-human hybrid?
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-02, 14:28

I'm sure, it kinda surprised me too
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-03, 16:43

quixotic
adjective
-extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; visionary, impractical, or impracticable
-(sometimes initial capital letter) resembling or befitting Don Quixote.
-impulsive and often rashly unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-04, 14:47

e pluribus unum
null
-Latin. out of many, one (motto of the U.S.)
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2015-07-05, 19:20

mien
noun
-air, bearing, or demeanor, as showing character, feeling, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: Non-RP stuff :: Discoussions, arguments, announcements of arrival, etc. because I'm too lazy to look for people in every single topic...-
Jump to: