Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A sci-fi story

Go down 
3 posters

Should I post this story?
1) Yes, we're mature enough to handle real world issues being a part of the narrative.
A sci-fi story I_vote_lcap75%A sci-fi story I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
2) No, it's to risky and may cause more problems than it's worth.
A sci-fi story I_vote_lcap25%A sci-fi story I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:01

Okay, as all of us here are massive sci-fi nerds, and this IS the creative writing corner, I'm very much eager to post a story I've been working on here and there for feedback as I work on it. That being said, it's a story with two very clear influences: XCOM and Mass Effect (and you'll see the two main influences VERY VERY QUICKLY). Further, the Earth the story is set on is very much like ours, including all the political strife that is going on (crap here in the US, Europe, and the situation over in the Middle East, political rivalries, etc). With all this in mind, this story DOES touch on real world issues, prejudices, and other topics that may offend people. Note, I am not going out of my way to offend anyone when these prejudices and issues are brought up, but unlike XCOM, where the player does not have to worry about the political problems such an organization would face, I intend to handle such things realistically with this story. Now, I before I start to post this story, I just want to make sure that there will be no problems with me posting a story that WILL bring up real world issues and hates.

As an example of such issues and hates, I shouldn't have to explain why German characters may have problems with Russian characters or why an Israeli pilot may be reluctant to fly over Turkish territory (and Himfea, if I remember correctly, you said you are Turkish. Again, I am not trying to offend anyone!! I'm trying to make use of real world issues and prejudices to create more believable characters and a more believable setting). As such, feel free to leave your own thoughts on the matter with a post below and/or as an answer to the poll above.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:36

I'm mature enough....honest!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:38

If so, then feel free to vote good sir!! Smile Anyway, I'm guessing bringing up real world issues won't be problem for you?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:40

I don't mind, I routinely mock everything so you won't have to worry about me
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:43

Good to know!! So that's two votes for "Yes". Here's hoping we can get more "yes" votes.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:46

I'm sure we will, wanna continue with Erika and Rob?
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:46

I dont think russians and germans hate each other....i think...
But fear not. I shall take no offense, as i am a devoted servant of our lord Sithrak, who hates everyone in equal measure, regardless of race, religion, social standing, or degree of devotion to Sithrak. Remember: Sithrak hates you unconditionally
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:48

OOC:

@Wookie: No. Sorry. I'm just on right now cause I have a break between classes.

@Naz: Well, I'm going off of history, especially the Cold War, so from what I knew, I thought it would be logical for there to be some amenity. Thanks for this info. Going to have to do some more research then. And how much Skyrim have you been playing (I SWEAR Sithrak is from Skyrim...)?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:50

Naz, I think it depends on whether or not the German finds out about what happened after the fall of Berlin, or if the Russian has forgiven the German for pretty much the same thing in Russia

Arken, okay
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:50

@Wookie: Yeah. Sorry man. I'll be on later though. And what you mean about the Russians forgiving the Germans and such? Haven't read anything about that?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:54

Basically, if my source was correct(history book) the Russians got to do whatever they wanted to the populace of Berlin. En masse rape and pillaging (I despise rape in every form and think that rapists and paedophiles should be tortured before death). Same with ze Germans, lots of war rape in the east.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:54

Oh. Yeah. I knew that much. Didn't know they had "forgiven" each other.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:55

You americans and your cold war. Well, of course they have issues. The NATO wants Ukraine to be a stronghold on Russias doorstep, and russia obviously doesnt want that. But its not like theres a real risk of open conflict between them, from what i gather. And you seem to forget that half of germany was on soviet side. If theres still a reason to hate each other, its good ol' WWII. I doubt theres anything but radical groups doing that on either side though.

As for sithrak:
A sci-fi story Sithrak
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 19:57

I don't know either, I guess it's a personal thing as to whether you hold grudges from another generation.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:00

@Naz: True all around. As for "half of Germany being on the Soviet side"...Well, that was the government, really, and even then, they had to be propped up with Soviet guns from what I know. Anyway...thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:04

Every country in the pact had soviet puppet governments and guns pointed at them(we even had nukes pointed at us after a certain little rebellion iirc).
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:07

YEP!!!! Oh, speaking of Hungarians......I am IN NO WAY pandering to you, our resident admin and glorious leader with a certain thing in my story thus far!!!! *Holds up giant poster extolling the virtues of Nazamroth.* But in all seriousness, I get what you're saying....and it's a shame what happened to your people. From what I know of your history, you used to be such badasses...
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:09

*me playing Empire: Total War*
I siege a small settlement with my India campaign veterans.
Said settle has one professional cavalry unit to protect it, I click assault and that single cav unit is now back up by armed populace (second worst unit in the game).

Said 19 units of armed populace proceed to spank my entire army without a single unit retreating.
One of the units routed 3 full veterancy line infantry in melee.
The Brits have the BEST line infantry in the game and they got routed by armed populace.

This pissed me off so I reloaded a previous save and sent my siege army in, said army consists of 72 cannon and two light dragoons. I didn't lose a single man.

That was off topic but I don't really care.
I know pretty much nothing about Hungary so I can't comment

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 2015-02-09, 20:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:10

Let's stay at least marginally on topic here...regardless of how awesome that may be....
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:11

Sorry
(Very hard on ETW is bullshit though)
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:14

I actually dont know what pandering means, and google isnt helping either....

Yeah, we were pretty cool... Until a certain weak king, traitorous nobles, and ottoman crusade... Everything went downhill from there, mostly...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:19

1) And upon checking the definition, it seems modern society is using the term "pander" entirely incorrectly.....These days, we use it to say that someone is sucking up...the actual definition (I've just learned) is far dirtier....I will not be using "pander" or any of its forms anytime soon now...

2) I mean, from what I know, you guys introduced the Winged Hussars to Poland...a real shame about what happened....
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:26

Hehehe, the actual definition of pander...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:26

X_X
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:27

We did? I mean Hussars were pretty much our trademark at the time but i dont know of any winged ones on our side
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:28

Uhm..... Pander(verb): to do or provide what someone wants or demands even though it is not proper, good, or reasonable

Whats wrong with it? O.o
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:31

I read somewhere that your people also gave the Polish Hussars, and that they had wing built into their armor, like, real wings. With real feathers. As much as I dislike using wikipedia, use this as a quick fix: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_hussars

Anyway, I gotta go for now guys. Later. And Naz, looking "pander" up on dictionary.com, the word has sexual connotations more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:36

Pander: gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:38

I feel moderately offended by that wiki page. Hungarian war on poland? That was either some minor local noble quarrel,or just professor wikipedias bullshit... Theres literally songs about how there havent been war between us for like a thousand years...
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 20:43

It's Wikipedia, use it to find references and never trust the 'facts' on the website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A sci-fi story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sci-fi story   A sci-fi story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A sci-fi story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: Non-RP stuff :: Creative Corner... For all your self-expression needs... Courtesy of Nazamroth Industries-
Jump to: