Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

End of the Age

Go down 
+5
Gorath
Azrok
Dargoth
Sir BushWookie
Chapter Master Arken
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Arken

End of the Age - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-19, 03:31

Albrecht: He seemed rather...weary, all things considered. From some of the things he said, I fear we've landed at a politically unstable time.

OOC: Or a prior CO nasty as all get out, Dar.

IC:

Drake: Yeah...well of the non-human variety anyway. Probably still plenty of bandits and the like out there. And frankly, I'm not willing to believe this place is monster free just yet.
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-19, 03:36

"thoughi prefer his measter he seemed to enjoy the knowledge of our home"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-19, 03:42

Albrecht: Indeed. The archmaester was at least a learned man. The king at least seemed to be trying to keep order in his land. That much alone makes him superior to most of the rulers in the north back home.
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-19, 03:43

OOC fair enough but tha is major issues in some psychological form
IC: Betk: they had dragons krakens and other nasty bits, hear one guy mention a 7 year long winter
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-19, 19:46

Ooc. .....the sun is just about to go down and its still 32 degrees.... Just how fething hot will it be tomorrow at noon?!
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-20, 13:28

OOC. ....funny story.....
i was cycling along peacefully, scanning the street for the correct number when i thought i saw a goat staring into my soul.... when i cycled back, it was gone.... i dismissed it as my usual pathetic sight mistaking something for a goat....
then i was cycling more and i saw a fething peacock walking along another fence!
Then a flock of doves on top of a building..... or pigeons... i dunno the difference....
then a frikkin pack of wild geese crossed the street in front of me!
....at that point, i was convinced that i got heatstroke or something.... that, or i live in a really weird town...
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 05:09

Terrorist attack in Suruç, Şanlıurfa, Turkey.

30 dead

100 injured

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 10:06

Holy shit!
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 11:02

The first one to blame the government did this.

the fucking PKK.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 16:40

OOC damn
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 16:42

fuuuuk
also
hi dar
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 16:43

OOC hi
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 16:45

you able to steam?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 16:55

AHA
guys i found something very helpful
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 17:01

so apparently
the north prefers chain-male armour
but in say for example the reach, plate armour is common, and it is also used throughout the rest of westeros south of the neck
the north is more your typical english medieval army
while those below the Neck appear to be rooted in English, German, and French practice
dorne however uses copper armour usually
POINT IS
that armies of westeros arent as primitive as we thought
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 17:04

End of the Age - Page 15 414px-Bannermen_sketch_ii_by_tribemun End of the Age - Page 15 435px-Bannermen_sketch_i_by_tribemun
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:21

Praised be the Damp God!
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:22

ffs naz XD
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:39

OOC. ...what?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:40

you amuse me
now dance
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:48

/Commences riverdance. A wild flashmob of background dancers also appears/
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:49

IN ADDITION
in terms of weaponry
pikes are most commonly used in the north
dorne makes use of bucklers quite often (i personally see them as useless in a full on battle)
dorne also makes use of double-curved bows

*applauds naz*
btw the word 'flashmob' just makes me think of a gang of streakers
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:52

scale armour is also in westeros but it is more common for men to go into war wearing partial plate
a plate helmet
or breastplate
or just the arms
ect
cause they cant afford the rest
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 18:55

side note
scale armour is really fucking cheap and easy to make
hell i could make some
just get a t-shirt and a sheet of metal
cut the metal up into dozens of tiny squares
sew em to the shirt overlapping
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 19:05

Bucklers are a type of archer shields. They were not meant to fulfil the same role as full shields. Its more like a dueling shield in a 1v1 fight where you can be reasonably sure where the attack will come from and you can defend against it.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 19:06

yeah i can see their use in a duel at least
but i'd always go for a good scutum over that
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 19:30

Ooc. Assuming thats a full sized shield, as i said a buckler is an archer shield.... At least we call it that here... Imagine being an archer and doing archer stuff. You dont want that much weight on your arms when its fully extended and youre drawing a bow, but you still need something in case. An enemy gets close or something and a 1v1 ensues and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 19:37

Scutum is a roman shield
the big square one
and fair enough
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-21, 20:12

Ooc. Ffs, this is just getting ridiculous by now...
I cant even rest my arm on my side as im lying in bed because i start sweating almost instantly...
Im afraid of frying my phone by watching videos because even with the back cover off, it just keeps getting hotter...
Hell, i drank more than 2.5 liters of water during 8 hours of work and only that much because i didnthave more...in fact, i set out with 1.5.....
i come home and the sun is frying my window of all things. I dont even have the will to start gaming because its so fething hot that i cant focus on any competitive game. My main daily activity is sweating and they say its gonna stay this hot for weeks...hell, its gonna be even worse later this week...
Why the hell do people like summer?! Id take -10 degree winter over this anytime!
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:03

OOC ots on average 80 degrees F right now in the states
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:07

Drake: A seven year long winter? Strange weather they've got here.
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:11

Berk: my thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:11

*epic door knock*
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:12

*Drake goes and opens the door.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:15

its duncan
as in duncan the tall
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:16

Drake: Well, this is a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:17

Berk: you remind me of a bear witcher i know
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:18

"a what?"
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:20

Berk: right i forgot people here have bo idea what a witcher is, basically you remind me of a friend
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:21

*Drake points to his talisman. A piece of metal shaped in the head of a bear.*

Drake: A Witcher of the bear school, like me. But really, it's just the height. You don't look like you're from Skellege so that's really where the comparison ends.
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:24

Berk points to his talsimen in the shape of a wolf " an im of the wolf, anyway do how can us witchers help you?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:25

"well, You two genuinely....intrigued me. I should introduce myself, I am Ser Duncan, lord commander of the kingsguard"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:26

Drake: Drake, Witcher of the Bear school.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:36

he nods in greeting
Back to top Go down
Dargoth

Dargoth

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:36

Berk: witcher of the wolf school
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

Drake: So, what made you drop by?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:41

"well, I want to know who you are mainly"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:43

Drake: Really? Well, that's a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:45

"oh?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:48

Drake: Well, given that most people hate and distrust Witchers, no one ever really bothers to get to know one.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-07-22, 02:50

"how can I hate and distrust you when we've only just met?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Age   End of the Age - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of the Age
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: RP stuff :: Misc. (The "original" settings/universes we come up with)-
Jump to: