Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-26, 23:46

*kets eyes widen behind his helmet* "I have multiple comments to make. I am unsure which is most pressing."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-27, 00:06

"And, the more likely event, we do not offend them, but the people take it...too far. Mob mentality. Riots. Hatred for the factorum spreads beyond our control. The people turn on them. They cause their own doom in doing so."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-27, 00:12

"Aforementioned points... One... Why does such a thing exist? Surely you see the threat such reliance poses? They are in the position to make incredible demands. And second... Can you not control your own populace to such a ridiculous degree you fear for your nations stability?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-27, 00:20

"...you are no statesman, Ket. I am. It is not a matter of 'not controlling the populace.' Messages easily get muddled when passed from one person to another, until the original message's meaning is entirely gone, the message twisted to a new meaning. Get enough people believing the same thing, and in this case they'll wonder why the senate hasn't done anything about it. They'll get angry. They'll find other people to be angry alongside. And they'll try to take matters into their own hands."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-27, 00:37

"You lie to your people, because you are afraid of their retribution? If you are so afreared, have a representative of the factorum explain their actions publicly. You are fond of open debate in dracia are you not?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 14:02

"Afeared? Ket are you even listening to what I'm saying?!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 14:11

"I am. And from how i am hearing you, you are more afraid of your own people than the horde at our gates."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 14:14

*Trajan just sighs* "This is going nowhere"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:21

"Because you refuse to present a solution. We cannot use your senate, or your people. How else can this be tackled?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:29

"That's my point! It can't, not without power I do not have!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:34

*Ket looks rather dispassionate at trajan.* "Do i have the power to stop slavery in kelthro?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:35

"Kelthro is not dracia"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:39

"It is a monumental empire, which cares little about who it crushes underfoot. They are one and the same, in so many ways. A man with drive can take its reins."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:43

"Do you know what the point of the senate is?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:45

"Idealist nonsense?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:51

"Because it stops problems like your uncle from happening. People don't get power, unless others grant it to them, and they don't get that far unless the people choose them. You can take power because you have a large potential power-base with the idea of the abolition of slavery, and the structure of your government allows one man to take power by force, regardless of the effects to the people you rule. I cannot seize power because it would undermine and destroy a system that has protected the people of our empire for centuries. It would make too many enemies who would ignore my power, and would cause strife and civil war that would only bring suffering and death. Do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:56

"I understand, i vehemently disagree with your system... But i understand it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 16:57

"Which means, I cannot just solve this with strength of arms. I cannot even guarantee my own men would follow me, if I told them to march on their own home. Could you?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:19

"If they believed in the cause. There are dracians among my immortals, you've met one. They fought legions without complaint."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:21

"Fought legions, yes. What do you think Diana would say if you asked her to march on dracia's people? To kill her old kinsmen and women? People who she was once one of?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:30

"You think she has more loyalty to the nation who abandoned her, or the brothers and sisters who saved her from a brothel?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:31

"A fair point, but I should also add this. Why do people join the kelthrovi military, or the immortals? And why do men join the Dracian legions?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:32

"More people volunteer than you imagine. Slaves, of course, make up the majority, but free men join. And my immortals are made up of the lost."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:33

"You didn't answer my question. Why?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:34

"People join me, from desperation, people join your legions from patriotic idiocy. Is that the answer you want from me?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:38

"In a manner of speaking. They join up because they think, they hope that they can make life better for themselves and their people. They can fight the enemies that would bring the empire low. Now imagine telling one of these people to attack that same empire, and those same people."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:41

"Imagine telling them that their heroes are little more than slaves."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:44

" 'heroes'. Trust me, even the legionaries aren't fond of the Clavae. The image their 'creators' craft for them is too good. Most people don't even realise they're human."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:52

"That is an insult levied at my immortals often. You should at least educate your soldiers."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:54

"Educate them? of what? Even I knew fuck all about them before LI. I didn't even know what they looked like under the helmets, Hell I didn't know they could speak!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:57

"Tell them that they're people, Trajan! That they deserve respect not revulsion!" *he slams a fist down on the charts table.* "They are people, regardless of what their 'Creators' Did to them."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 17:59

"I know! I've not exactly had the chance to give a public service announcement since I learned near the start of this campaign!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 18:03

"We've had a week of sitting on our haunches here! How much of a chance do you need? My men know more about them, by the gods trajan!"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 18:05

"I've been a tad occupied by planning a siege and keeping in contact with my fellow consul's legions, Ket. Incase you haven't noticed, I haven't exactly had free time."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 18:12

"I would consider it a discipline issue. And an easier one to solve than the cavernous divide between our forces."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 22:23

"Look Ket, we both agree this is a problem. I think it's one we're more likely to solve after we've won this battle, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 23:28

"I will hold you to that."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 23:37

"I would expect nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 23:48

"I am a man of principles if nothing else"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-29, 23:50

"I think we both are."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:05

"Whether they are the same. im not so sure anymore."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:07

"Ket, don't do this. You know I agree with you, and want to help them. Its just that I understand it's not such a simple task. Were I to say, be elected dictator then it could be. But that's a big if."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:20

"The battle first. We'll discuss this when its won."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:24

Trajan nods at that
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:32

*he raps his knuckles on the chart table. Pauses for a moment, thinking, then walks towards the doors*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:36

Trajan doesn't stop him. After he's gone, he takes a moment to look over a few things, before going looking for Diana. When he gets there, Diana notes Trajan is alone. No bodyguards, no retinue, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:51

*Diana is stood beside one of the large wooden barricade gates guarding the entrance into the Immortal's claimed camp area. She is at attention, in full armour, completely unmoving, shield held to, regardless of its weight, spear held, butt on the ground*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:52

Trajan: *nods respectfully in greeting* Ma'am.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:56

Diana: "... Consul."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 00:58

"Would you mind if we spoke? I can see you are busy."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-08-30, 01:01

*she looks over to the other immortal, on the other side of the gate* *Fluent kelthrovi* "Raquiel, hold the gate." *he knods back, and she turns back to trajan.* "What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next