Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Age of Sails and Free Men

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir BushWookie

An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 21:05

“That works, come on Private Lister”
*He walls off toward the gunsmith, absolutely beaming with a great big smile on his face*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 22:38

*She follows, head hung so as to not show her red skin.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 22:48

“You don’t need to hide your face private, you’re a regimental mage”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 22:51

"So thats the story we're going with? In which case...." *she pulls a pair of glasses from a pocket, and puts them on. and takes out her small black leather bound book.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 23:04

*He looks back*
“That actually suits you quite well”

*The pair round a corner and are faced by a fairly large shop, quite aptly labelled ‘Jeremiah and Sons Gunsmith Co.’ For a shop on a pirate dominated island it’s in quite good condition, the black paint looks fresh and the windows haven’t even been scratched. Now you could put this down to popularity, luck, or the hulking Goliath who acts as a bouncer standing by the door*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 23:14

*She raises an eyebrow in response.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 23:26

*He flashes a smile and turns to the bouncer as he approaches it*

Bouncer: “Halt.”
Gideon: *Does as ordered* “Gideon Heloir, representative of his majesty the king of Loegyr, and his army. Accompanying me is my aide, Private Lister. We have an appointment with Mister Jeremiah”
*The Goliath Looks down at the pair and then looks to a clipboard on his palm*
Bouncer: “Weapons.”
*He extends a hand*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 23:28

*Khalista looks at gideon. then pulls the rite knife from the small of her back and drops it into the bouncer's palm*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 23:45

*Gideon hands over both his swords and a single ornate flintlock pistol, all of which the Goliath gently deposits into a nice looking chest behind him*

Bouncer: “Enter.”
*Gideon thanks the bouncer and walks in, holding the door for Khalista. Inside she is greeted by the rancid smell of saltpetre hanging heavily in the air, as she looks around the dimly lit store she sees hundreds of muskets lining the walls with numerous examples of the gunsmiths wares*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-22, 23:50

Khalista: "Oh wonderful. Guns."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 00:18

Gideon: “Gunsmith means guns Private, this way”
*He leads her to the counter, where an aged Gunsmith stands*

Jeremiah: “You must be Mr. heloir. How may I serve you today?” *The man speaks slowly, often holding the final vowel for a little longer than is necessary*

Gideon: “As we have previously discussed, I am in need of a bulk order....*Gideon gets into the specifics and eventually gets to his personal order, from beside his pack he draws a fairly well disguised rifle, the barrel is old and obviously worn, the rest of the rigle is scarred and battered. Having obviously seen far too much combat over its life*
“I will also need you to tool me a new barrel, and a new stock.”

Jeremiah: *Nods* “And for your aide?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 00:36

Khalista: "...A flintlock pistol please. Your best."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 00:43

*The man smiles and kneels beneath the counter before standing with an ornate box in his hands. As he lowers it onto the table she sees a pair of masterwork pistols, both are ivory with a silver finish, their barrels are fat and long with hand carved patterns running along its length*

Jeremiah: “Would you prefer range, or stopping power?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 19:30

Khalista: "Stopping power."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 19:48

Jeremiah: *A toothy grin appears and he pushes the pair forward* “Ivory with inlaid silver finish, .625 caliber”
*He opens a drawer and deposits a single ball onto the counter, compared to her normal pistol the round is huge, admittedly not Rifle huge but still big for a pistol*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 20:48

Khalista: "Hmmm. Rather overkill?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 21:10

Jeremiah: “Every mage needs a good sidearm, why not one that will drop a man with the first shot?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 21:34

Khalista: "You make a valid point, but can it hit a barn door at twenty paces?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 21:36

Jeremiah: “I can let you test Fire it should you wish”
*Gideon who has long since realised Khalista is going to make him buy it has distracted himself with examining rifles*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 21:43

Khalista: "You seem confident enough. The price?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 22:10

J: *He smiles again* “100 Regis”

G: *Which cause Gideon to cough rather loudly* “How much?!”

J: “Well pricing for quality control, the materials used, and the time I put in. 100 Regiis for both.”

OOC: Okay so I’m unimaginative. Reales, was a Spanish currency during the age of piracy, it basically translates into Royals. And since the Elves are an equivalent to Spain(and basically pseudo Rome) why not just use dodgy latin? Thus Regiis/Regis.
Also since I’m basing it off of an old currency, that’s a hell of a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 22:24

*Khalista produces a bag of coins from somewhere, and drops it on the counter. It makes a mouth watering mixture of thud and clatter* "Seventy five."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 22:45

J: “He pays you well...90 because he’s bulk ordering”
G: *You can feel his mood shift as he deposits a handful of Regis on the table* “90”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 22:51

Khalista: *looks from jeremiah, to gideon, then back to jeremiah. Then picks the bag back up.* "well then."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 22:56

Gideon: “Put it back down Private, I can cover the rest”

*Jeremiah raises an eyebrow and pulls the box closer to him*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 23:01

Khalista: *she plops the bag down in her left hand, undoes the drawstring with her other hand, and pulls one silvery coin from it. And ceremoniously places it on the counter* "I think that covers it." *the coin in question is square, with an intricate pattern of mountains and clouds. Dwarven made, evidently. minted in platinum.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 23:09

*Jeremiah’s hand is quick to dart out and grab it, pushing the box forward*
“He must pay you very well indeed.”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 23:12

Khalista: "Don't go spending it all at once." *She smiles. And picks up the box*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 23:26

*The box is heavy and finely crafted, the interior is a lush purple velvet to protect the pistols and to contrast the Ivory. The weapons themselves look ornate and gorgeous, obviously having been lovingly crafted with the finest tools the man has. How they’ll perform however is unknown*

Jeremiah: “We will have your weapons delivered inside of a week, and your personal order with them”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-23, 23:58

Khalista: "Well... sir, i suppose you should thank the man." *Looking at gideon.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 00:08

Gideon: “Thank you”
Jeremiah: “I hope your leaders will consider partnering with me for all of your military needs in the New World”

*Gideon bows his head and gets to leaving the shop with Khalista in tow*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 00:39

Khalista: "Hmn. Quite nice."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 00:41

Gideon: “Hopefully they’re worth the price”
*He opens the door for her and steps out after she does*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 00:42

*she walks over to the bouncer* "hopefully."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 00:45

*The Bouncer steps aside, allowing her to retrieve her knife from the lockbox*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 01:17

*She takes it, and slides it back into its sheath* "Thankyou good sir."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 01:49

Bouncer: “Just doing my job ma’am”
*Gideon does similarly and retrieves his equipment, only instead of thanking the bouncer he gives him a tip, which the bouncer pockets quite happily*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 21:14

Khalista: "I've not used a pistol in quite a while."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 21:32

Gideon: “Need me to show you the basics?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 21:48

Khalista: "I think i can manage. It used to be my general tactic."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 21:54

Gideon: “Point and shoot?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 22:17

Khalista: "Appear behind someone with a pistol aimed at the base of their skull."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 22:39

Gideon: “Not a bad tactic, messy though”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 23:21

"Not when they surrender."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 23:29

“Ideally that happens before you board”

*In the distance they can hear the obvious boasting of a slave trader peddling his wares*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-24, 23:55

*she tilts her head* "Shame the crew were undead."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 00:11

G: “Would have been a far quicker fight”

*As the pair return to just ambling around they see the slaver and his ‘wares’.*

Slaver: “STEP RIGHT UP AND YOU COULD GET YOUR HANDS ON A RARE SPECIMEN TODAY! FRESH FROM THE TORGOVANN FOREST OF THE OLD WORLD, WE HAVE A WOOD ELF PATHFINDER! JUST LOOK AT HIS PHYSIQUE!”

*The fat man steps aside and a Wood Elf is forcibly dragged to the centre of the stage, having been stripped down to an ill fitting pair of rags the man’s body is on full display. His arms and legs are long and sinewy, built for sprinting, climbing, and drawing the famed Wood Elf longbows that make them such hard prey to catch. His chest is covered in small scars where chains and whips have dug into his flesh but all it’s done is make the bastard look tougher. His eyes are a near complete black, and his face bears the marks of a life of hardship and struggle against the wild*

“THIS MARVEL OF BIOLOGY CAN TAKE DOWN 24 ARMED MEN SINGLE-HANDED BEFORE BEING BROUGHT DOWN BY CAVALRY! EVEN THEN THE BEAST FIGHTS WITH DAUNTLESS SPIRIT. HE CAN BE YOURS FOR ONLY 500 REALES! A BARGAIN BY ANY MANS STANDARDS! OR IF YOU’RE INTO MORE...DELICATE SPECIMINS. WE HAVE A BUXOM YOUNG LASS”

OOC: Moment to react and let Gor describe his girl.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 00:22

*Khalista flicks back her hood. Given the gunsmiths apparent acceptance of her, or at least her money, she figures noone will give much of a damn.* "To be fair the slaver isn't wrong... thats a good one."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 00:32

*The Elf is just glaring at the crowd and repeatedly tugging at the chains that bind his wrists as the Slaver waits for his next victim to be dragged out*

G: “Look at him, he’d try to tear you apart at first chance”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 00:56

"True... needs a bit of braking in. I wonder if he speaks common."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 00:59

G: “You know there’s only one way to find out”

*The slaver gets on to showing off the other slaves, the ‘Buxom lass’ apparently being saved for last*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Age of Sails and Free Men
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next