HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 12:59

Mac: "Noone more. I reckon she's jus tryna do right by us. She always has done."

Logen: "Call me Logen, primaris..." *the cracked visage of his helm does not lend him a friendly appearance, combined with his tone, even less so*

Ter'San: "How do you intend to run this assault, brother?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 13:24

the sergeant nods at that.

Noctis: We will advance into their nest in close formation. Sgt Har'thas and his agressors will be the speartip, with the intercessors behind. Sgt Tor'than and his hellblasters will be at the center of the formation, with more intercessors behind them, in order to protect their big guns from ambush. Ter'san, your men will make up the rearguard, as it is likely the enemy will attempt to pounce upon us from behind, and your flamers will be vital to keeping the xenos hordes at bay.

Anne: Well, she trusts him doesn't she?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 13:36

Mac: "I trust Hera. But that don't mean she ain't wrong sometimes. And with her obviously shaggin your boss... I've a feelin her judgement ain't at its best."

*Ter'san nods.*

Logen: "We're gonna go nice and slow. Hack through them as they come the old fashioned way. Assaults up front, your lot hold the flanks an rear, keep the other lot protected, since someone decided it was a wonderful idea not to give a unit with jump packs a proper melee weapon."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 13:47

Anne: Fair enough... Still. It's not exactly a bad gig is it?

Noctis: any questions?

Reiver Sgt: *nods*

Inceptor Sgt: *noticeably not reacting to the bit o disrespect right there* We will equip assault bolters, brother. Mow down the xenos scum in droves.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 14:13

Mac: "Well... Beds and medical is definitely better. Job satisfaction... ehh, bit worse. Cause of the whole, workin for the biggest cunts in the imperium, save the administratum. And i think we've almost died more in a two month period than on the front so... you tell me."

Logen: "Next time, phrase that as a question. Speaking of, anyone have any?"

*During the silence, Brother Mallus walks up to Noctis' little gathering. He's carrying a bolter with a drum magazine. Its surface is chased with delicate gold script, too small for noctis to read, and has a helmet linked scope attached. Appropriately, mallus' mk 7 helmet has the appropriate optics intergrated. Instead of the standard combat knife, he has a chainsword, again, chased in gold script, hung at his waist, horizontally, beneath his pack. Upon his right shoulderplate, there is a number five. As opposed to Ter'San's one.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 14:16

Anne: Doin more to help people than before. And c'mon, he's obviously pretty atypical as inquisitors go.

Reiver sgt: Negative.

Nocts: *nods at mallus* Brother.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 14:21

Mac: "I dunno. I'm a solider, frontline near all my life like... Zippin about like we are, don't feel like we're doin more. Protectin necrons, instead of people... Sure he aint done anything bad... but the man did lie to hera..."

Mallus: "The Captain has asked me to accompany you to the ground."

Logen: "Good, get your shit and be back here ten minutes ago."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 14:24

Anne: He told one lie and that's enough to make him untrustworthy? 'S a bit... over the top aint it?

Noctis: *welcoming gesture* Then feel free to.

*they nod and go to do so*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 14:27

Mac: "If he can lie to her, whats the odds he wouldn't lie to us? He's fuckin 'er and he lied dead to her face."

*Mallus nods, and walks to the congregated men, waiting to board a dropship, he stands apart by a few meters, and none of the tacticals meets his gaze*

*Logen boards the thunderhawk, and straps himself in* "This lot better be good."
Assault marine: "Our asses on the line. Best not rely on em."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 14:49

Noctis: anyway, if there are no more questions, get your gear and get back here in 10 minutes. *to the intercessors* Brothers equip auto bolt rifles for this mission *to the hellblasters* Assault plasma incinerators *to the agressors* And flamestorm gauntlets.
*the respective guys nod and go do that*

Anne: From what I remember it wasn't exactly an earth shattering reveal of a lie...

*they come back about five minutes later*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 15:04

Mac: "Oy bird, i'm actually like 300 years old, hope you're chill with that? If i were her id've at least slapped him." *he sighs* "but the chief's got hearts in her eyes. Don't change what's happenin if he lies to us again."

*The sallies, already equipped as they intend to roll, wait.*

Logen: "Strap in, lets get this bird airborne."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 16:42

Anne: I mean, I don't think it's that bad.

*they head to le dropship*

*see above*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 16:47

Mac: "...You jokin right? Thats a big fuckin lie."

*Birds get airborne, followed by a pair of fireraptors.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 16:48

Anne: 'I'm older than I said I am'. So what?

*ermergerd flying*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 16:53

Mac: "By about two hundred and fifty years."

*shit lands at the same pad as the inquisitors did*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 16:54

Anne: gets kinda relative when you get that old I'm guessing.

*landing montage*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 16:58

Mac: "Sure don't seem relative to me. Looks pretty simple. Dude lied to get in her pants."

Raeven: *Walking out of the thunderhawk* "The inquisitors believe the ruling council to be compromised. They are protected by gun servitors. If you encounter them, attempt to take them alive for questioning, but do not restrain your fire, should they not."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 17:07

Anne: I don't think it was that. That's not him.

Noctis: yes captain.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 17:15

Mac: "uhhhuh. I don't buy it. Not for a damn second."

*Rae, followed by the terminators, then the devastators, then the tacticals. Enters the building, and makes a beeline for the room charles told them the council was*

Logen: *Gestures for everyone to follow on. I forgot to mention but Ingran, the apothecary is there too n stuff*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 21:14

Anne: I've known him for almost my entire adult life, Mac.

*for now they are not stopped*

Logan's men follow his lead

Noctis meanwhile, leads his men towards where the primus is suspected to be

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 21:20

Mac: "Yeah thats the thing lass. I've just met the bloke, relatively speakin. An well... he's not particularly endeared himself as he?"

*They reach the door. and rae bangs twice with his gauntlet*

*Logen's men move through the rest of the building, opening doors, by force if necessary.*

*Mallus brings up the rear*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-02-28, 23:20

Anne: got you lot off of the penal legion's list and handed you a suit of power armour.

*islocked*

*the primaris keep up incredibly well with logan's relentless pace

Noctis before long orders a pause, quickly referring to a map on his wrist computer

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-01, 00:00

Mac: "Lied to my boss and decided not to tell me n john our home planet got destroyed until i shoved a gun in his face"

Raeven: "Brother. The door." *he steps back, and one of the terminators swings his thunderhammer into the door*

Logen: "Not a soul. They've cleared out. On to the main objective."

*The tacticals take a knee in defensive positions.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-01, 01:48

Anne: To be fair.... A lot of shit happened other than cadia falling. He kind of had a lot on his plate.

*door get smashed*

*they follow*

Noctis: Our path will lead us through the area where the inquisitor reports they are holding captives for torture. Watch your targets, don't want to catch any innocents in the crossfire. *to one of the intercessor sergeants* You and the apothecary will remain there to see to the prisoners. Do what you can for them.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-01, 01:52

Mac: "Real sentimental this boss of yours."

*A terminator barges in, stormshield raised*

Logen: "We'll cut down the stairwell, to the level above reported, drop in through the floor"

Ingran: "Can do."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-01, 01:59

"The imperium basically started falling apart over the course of an afternoon, he had a lot to do"

*room be empty*

Reiver Sergeant: affirmative.

Noctis: lets get moving.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-01, 02:03

*After the best part of half an hour chatting to Everada, Gideon finally hangs up and goes exploring. Looking to see if the Krieger is still about, or just for something to do*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-01, 03:24

Terminator: "Empty. The cowards have fled."

Mac: "I still dont trust the man."

*He sets off running, flanked by his assault marines*

*Mallus pulls back the slide of his bolter* "lead on. Lieutenant."
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 14:54

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 17:53

Anne: Alright.

*they continue to keep up with logen*

Noctis nods and does so

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 18:35

Mac: *he rubs the bridge of his nose and sighs.* "I dunno."

*Noctis begins to find mallus a slightly unnerving presence. His demeanor is far removed from any of his brothers. Quiet, and sullen.*

*They drop floor after floor, leaping from landing to landing, simply jumping down stairwells where the can, until they reach the floor above their marked objective.*

Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 22:33

Anne:...sorry, I'm not trying to push you...Just..well if you're here, might as well find something in it beyond nothing else to do.

Noctis does not let this distract him as they continue. before long, he orders a halt, the motion sensors having been tripped by something.

the reivers and inceptors quickly catch up despite their slower speed

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 22:43

Mac: "I'm just tryna look after me an mine."

*Za'thun's terminator armour's sensors are active, scanning the area*

Logen: "Melta charge." *one of his marines crouches down, affixing a melta breaching charge to the floor* "Drop and secure, we go first, secure the area, reivers second. Questions?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 23:12

Anne: fair enough, I guess.

*multiple contacts in several directions*

*no questions*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-03, 23:27

Mac: "Cadia gone... feels like we're loosing, don't it?"

Za'Thun: "I suggest a defensive perimiter lieutenant."

*They back away from the charge.* Logen: "On three."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-08, 19:47

Anne: nowhere near as bad as you think.

Noctis: brothers, close formation, watch your corners.

*also back away*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-08, 22:21

Mac: "I mean, we're always loosing. Most we can do is, keep them back."

*Za'thun maintains a close proximity to noctis. The thought begins to occur that perhaps the captain sent him to protect noctis.*

Logen: "One... Two...." *he nods at the marine who planted the charge, and yells.* "THREE!" *In that moment, several things occur almost simultaneously, the charge detonates, shattering the floor in a gout of superheated gas. The assault marines leap into the disintegrating mass of stone dust, chainblades revving.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 17:18

Anne: we're doing a lot better than it looks. Charles broke it down for me when I asked. For example, Abaddon's crusade has already failed to get beyond the cadian gate.

Noctis pays this no mind, holding steady, his auto bolt rifle raised.

the reivers also jump down, with the inceptors holding slightly back in order to provide ranged support

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 17:56

Mac shrugs a little. "Lotta damn good men died to hold em back. Phirric victory. Thats what the brass calls it aint it? When we hurl enough bodies into the gap to block it?" He scratches his face with his left arm, his good arm, the one without bullet holes in it. "Fuckin glad no commissars on this boat, sorta talk is heresy aint it."

----

A rapid metallic skittering runs underfoot. Zathun lowers his stormbolter to the deckplates, following the sound. "The beasts are aware of us."

----

They drop into a gathering of the foul xenos, fires burn in oil drums, unidentifiable meat cooking above the flames. Weapons, disassembled, are laid upon dirty sheets, being cleaned, or manufactured. in the moments of shock, the assault marines are upon them, bolt pistols crack in the darkness, an oil drum is knocked aside, showering coals upon the ground, the flamer belches forth holy promethium. The assault marines fight with a sort of contained fury, evident, yet restrained.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 18:01

Anne: If it's any consolation, the men of cadia gave as good as they got. And it just exposed how bad a leader the 'warmster' is. All parts of his crusade save his own legion have split off to pillage and loot. He lost all momentum, and now our fleets have moved in on him.

Noctis: of course they are. With their telepathic link, only one needs to spot us for the entire hive to be aware.

The reivers likewise fight ferociously, albeit with more of a calm precision to every blow, cleaving their foes apart with every strike, as the inceptors focus on priority targets to obliterate.

Meanwhile, the kreiger is performing maintenance on his shotgun in the armory

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 18:54

Mac's lip curls. "I hope they find him. Put the dog down."

Za'Thun ignores the comment. "An ambush will follow shortly. Chaff, to test our strength. Brush it aside brothers."

Its a swift slaughter. Leaving the astartes stood among the bodies and dying flames. Logen looks around, and points to a door. "There, the beasts are this way."

At a bench, a sister, in heavily battle damaged white power armour, affixed with golden fleu de lis icons, and wearing red vestments sits with a bolt shell clamped in a vice.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 19:02

Anne. likewise. That's been coming for ten thousand years. And then of course...well. The lord commander himself is back.

Noctis: Short controlled bursts. Do not waste ammunition on xenos you have already killed.

Reaver Sergeant: then lead the way, brother.

The kreiger sees her and immediately places his weapon down, before performing a disciplinned imperial salute in her direction

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 19:23

"Well... yeah, a primarch on our side might balance things out a bit. And that fuck load of new space marines, that'll help."

None of the marines reply to that, simply moving slowly, bringing up the rear as the were ordered, sweeping their weapons slowly. From the occasional soft clicks noctis can hear, they are talking to one another on a private vox channel.

Logen: "Bring up the rear, keep the 'inceptors' between us." He says the word as if he finds the syllables distasteful

She is focused on her task, and does not turn nor acknowledge him
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 19:31

Anne: just a little bit *chuckles*. I've heard rumors the custodian guard are on the front lines again too.

Noctis pays this no mind, loading a frag grenade into his auxiliary grenade launcher

the reivers nod, as the inceptors take up their new position

after a few moments of composing himself, the krieger approaches her silently.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 19:34

"But then again, i overheard some of the scions talkin in the mess. New warp rift's opened up. Cut off half the galaxy. The blood angels are tryna hold it together, but shit's worse over there than it is here."

The scrabbling gets louder, coming from many directions now, above, below, and from inside the walls.

Logen opens the bulkhead door, rust flaking from the seal and proceeds down the narrow passage, bolt pistol raised.

She does not turn, but the kreiger can now see what she's doing, with a set of small files, and fine picks, she is inscribing something on the shell.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 19:50

Anne: aye... although that's a bit of a blessing in disguise it turns out. Sort of. Could have been a lot worse.

they keep silently tracking the movements with disciplinned precision, ready for even the slightest actual movement

the primaris remain close behind, not breaking formation even by a step

Kreiger:...My lady?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 20:04

"I mean, eye coulda eaten the universe whole. Nids coulda eaten the lot of us already. Crons back there coulda been awake when we arrived, and not so welcomin as they were. Most shit could be worse."

A creak of a bulkhead is immediately followed by a burst of lasgun fire as the aggressors pass a side passage

logen holds up a fist, clenched, and the assault marines stop dead.

Serah: *she gently, surprisingly so, given her hands are clad in gauntlets that can bend half inch steel with relative ease, lays down the fine file she was holding, and turns her head slowly to look at the kreiger. The sabbat pattern helm lends her a disapproving appearance, as its eyepieces glow a gentle red.* "Yes... guardsman?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-19, 23:45

Anne: well... that last one's a bit closer to what the warmaster tried to do.

the las-fire does somewhere between fuck and all as noctis fires a frag grenade down the passage

the primaris do also

Kreiger:.. Forgive me this humble request ma'am...tis not my place to be making such of you...

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:05

"huh, no shit?"

The grenade flies through the slightly open door, and viscera is thrown out into the passageway. The explosion echoes, and there is a brief lul, before all hell breaks loose. the side passage doors are flung open, and hatches, vents, and false wall panels are fired off with projectile force, gunfire issues from some, grenades are thrown, then come the rush of mutant xeno abominations. Claws and blades glinting under the glow globes.

Logen: "Listen..." *he gestures towards a door, down a side passage.* "Heavy bolter, racked slide... Engine...s.... three." *he points at the reaver leader* "what else do you hear?"

Serah: *Her earlier, rather terse tone dissolves into something altogether softer, more motherly.* "My work is not time sensitive, ask, you may be surprised."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:14

Anne: sort of... this new one, the 'great rift'... it was meant to engulf segmentum solar. All of it.

The primaris open up, as noctis had instructed, short controlled bursts, the superior rate of fire on their auto bolt rifles allowing them to rake down hybrids by the dozen, without even a hint of them closing ranks with them, as the hellblasters melt priority targets, and aggressors raise and impenetrable wall of fire.

Reiver:... I hear an engine... heavy, loud... four wheels. Industrial bearing... Goliath, likely rockgrinder varient.

Kreiger: Holy maiden... would you do me the honor of consecrating my weapon? It has been far too long since it received the proper rites, and I do not wish this sin to continue further.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:22

"Well fuck me backwards, it only got a tenth. Wooooo."

Chaplain Za'Thun steps forwards, not even firing his storm bolter, and with a swing of his crozarius, smacks a hybrid into a wall, its bones crushed to pulp, he kicks another to the ground, and grinds it underfoot. Behind them, the tactical squad fires their bolters on single shot, dropping each hybrid with one or two bolts, short bursts of flame taking any who close to near. Brother Mallus, stood alone, also fires only single shots, his marksmanship allowing single bolt kills each time he pulls the trigger. While Za'thun offers words of encouragement to his brothers, or berates the xenos, and the tactical squad congratulate eachother's marksmanship, Mallus is deadly silent, stood stock still, simply turning at the waist and firing like an automaton.

Logen: "Good, the xenos use them in abundance, a las cannon is likely, suggestion?"

Serah: "I was in the process of doing such to my own, so it shall not be a trouble, guardsman." *she stands from the bench, and takes the key hanging at her waist, and fits it to the lock binding the chains around the book affixed to her hip.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next