Share | 

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:22

"Well fuck me backwards, it only got a tenth. Wooooo."

Chaplain Za'Thun steps forwards, not even firing his storm bolter, and with a swing of his crozarius, smacks a hybrid into a wall, its bones crushed to pulp, he kicks another to the ground, and grinds it underfoot. Behind them, the tactical squad fires their bolters on single shot, dropping each hybrid with one or two bolts, short bursts of flame taking any who close to near. Brother Mallus, stood alone, also fires only single shots, his marksmanship allowing single bolt kills each time he pulls the trigger. While Za'thun offers words of encouragement to his brothers, or berates the xenos, and the tactical squad congratulate eachother's marksmanship, Mallus is deadly silent, stood stock still, simply turning at the waist and firing like an automaton.

Logen: "Good, the xenos use them in abundance, a las cannon is likely, suggestion?"

Serah: "I was in the process of doing such to my own, so it shall not be a trouble, guardsman." *she stands from the bench, and takes the key hanging at her waist, and fits it to the lock binding the chains around the book affixed to her hip.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:37

*The bridge doors open and Gideon steps in*
“Lord Inquisitor...A moment of your time if I may”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:38

Anne: better than losing Terra.

The movements of the primaris are organised and fluid in the extreme, with the vox chatter being mostly quiet, albeit with some of that congratulation of the tactical squad, Noctis' vox channel is constantly alive, calling out targets for squad grenade launchers, firing angles for the aggressors, and high priority foes for the hellblasters, at such a rate and with such precision that it is frankly a little dizzying to imagine how he's keeping up with it all. And yet he continues, ever potential threat spotted, called out, and eliminated with incredible efficiency.

Reiver: the weapon mount on the rockgrinder cannot fire to the left of the vehicle. I suggest the inceptors, with their durability, act as a distraction, while you and your men use your manouverability to get into it's left flank, and eliminate it from there.

the kreiger gets down on one knee and offers the unusual design of shotgun to her

Charles: *turns towards him, away from the console he was looking at* of course, Gideon wasn't it?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 00:42

*Gideon has clearly had a shower and found something respectable to wear, now looking like an officer instead of a raggedy guardsman*
“Yes, sir” *Polite bow*
“I was wondering if there were plans to return to the hive...My knight and crew are currently trapped inside my dropship under threat of macro cannon fire should they try to leave”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 13:54

Mac: "Its pretty much game over if that happens."

Sargent Ter'San Leaves his men to their own devices, trusting in their own acumen to deal with the encounter. Soon enough, the tide is stemmed, and the astartes are left standing alone once more, albeit, among the corpses.

Logne: "... Not a bad plan. In the meantime, you and yours can pick of any other threats. That heavy bolter would be a start."

*Serah takes it from him gently, and examines it.* "Is the spirit temperamental?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 13:57

Anne: yeah.. good job it didn't happen.

Noctis quickly has his sergeants report in, just in case anyone is wounded.

Reiver: Agreed, brother.

Kreiger: sometimes, ma'am. It's original wielder is long dead.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 14:10

Mac: "Pretty sure we wouldn't be discussin it."

Ter'San walks towards Noctis, but remains a reasonable distance, some three metres, away. "Thirty six dead in total. No injuries."

Logen: "Their sights shall be on the door. Dar'asn." *he turns to the marine in question, his apparent second in command.* "Flash and rush."

*Dar'asn speaks with a far deeper tone than logen, a rumbling voice.* "Confirmed. Smoke as well? If they have the sight." *He looks at the primaris, when he says this.*

Serah kneels, and opens the book, laying it on the floor. Its pages are faded, and aged, save some which are bright, and new, evidently replacements for pages beyond repair. She flicks through, until she finds a page she is looking for, then lays the shotgun down in front of her as well. She begins to speak, a slow chant.

"A spiritu dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,

From the lighting and the tempest,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From plague, temptation and war,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the scourge of the Kraken,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From the blasphemy of the Fallen,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the begetting of daemons,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the curse of the mutant,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

A morte perpetua,

Domine, libra nos.

That thou wouldst bring them only death,

That thou shouldst spare none,

That thou shouldst pardon none

We beseech thee, destroy them.

Emperor i beseech thee, bless this holy weapon that it might strike true, and with your wroth. Before it may alien, mutant, and heretic fall. And may them that carries it, be ushered to your side, when with it they fall, in your name."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 14:13

Anne: true enough.

Noctis: Excellent. Well done brothers. Let us push onwards.

The reiver does not react.

the kreiger remains on his knee, head bowed.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 14:23

Mac tugs at the bandage wrapping his shoulder "Still. Don't like this sittin around. Soon as this arm's good i want to be out there again."

Ter'san nods.

Logen: "Raeven means this to be a test of them, let it be a test. A flash and then a smoke brother."

Serah takes something hanging from her hip, a white cylinder, some six inches long and an inch and a half wide, etched in silver, with caps at each end made of the same precious metal. She unscrews the top, chained to her hip, and places a finger across it, turning it slowly. then takes her finger away, and draws the fleur de lis with her finger on the shotguns receiver. Four strokes making the three petals, and the band holding them together. "It is done, guardsman."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 14:29

Anne: I'm with you there.

The marines reload and keep moving

the reiver sgt nods

remaining kneeling and bowed, he reaches his hands up slowly to take the weapon

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 14:39

Mac: "I reckon you'll be laid up a bit longer. might wanna talk to a shrink an all."

The tactial marines follow, some electing to reload, some not. Mallus in particular, disconnects his magazine, and manually feeds loose bolt rounds into it as he walks.

Logen: "When you're ready, brother."

Dar'asn takes the grenades in his right hand, hooking the pins around his fingers, and grasps the wheel of the bulkhead door in his left. in one smooth, practiced motion, he turns the wheel, and flicks both grenades into the room, so the pins are pulled my merit of being attached to him.

Serah returns the cylinder to her hip, screwing it back in place, then hands the shotgun to him.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 14:47

Anne: sod off, yer not leaving me bedridden by myself.

*walky walk*

the reiver sgt nods, putting a new mag into his bolt carbine.

the kreiger takes the weapon, but does not yet rise or raise his head.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 16:10

Mac: "Gotta get back out there lass. Take care of mine."

Nearing the reported location of the primus, a large, cavernous space, they begin to hear the sound of people. Footsteps, voices.

The grenades detonate, the flash going off with a loud bang. Dar'asn kicks the door in, and ignites his jump pack, followed swiftly by his brothers.

Serah smiles a little behind her helmet. "On your way, soldier."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-20, 17:01

Anne: doesn't mean I'm stayin here.

they approach cautiously, weapons readied

the reivers and inceptors follow suit, weapons trained on whatever possible targets they see

the kreiger slowly stands, saluting her again

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 11:43

*Charles feels psychic activity from within the ship as creaking voices run through the entire black ship, mainly coming from the hull and pipes*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 15:00

Mac: "If you're good, i wouldn't dream of leavin ye, you took one hell of a beating, and still want back in? That's somethin i can respect. But I won't have you back in the fight running on empty. We need good soldiers now more'n ever, ain't gonna let one of the best go gettin herself killed."

As they draw closer, the sound grows, strange alien sounds, guttural and inhuman, footsteps, bare, and booted. The sounds of engines, of steel pounding on steel. The sounds of industry.
------
They've run into a veritable nest of the xenos. Hybrid, by the dozens, all armed. the space they've breached into is some kind of atrium, a wide open space, four stories high, and some fifty metres wide and long. At its rear, a tunnel, dug from solid rock extends, wide enough for the vehicles they now face. Along the sides of the atrium, rotting steel balconies are bolted to the rocrete, serving to allow access to a multitude of doors, much like the one they just breached into. They have breached onto ground level. The rockgrinder is the center piece of what appears to be an impromptu defense. Plasteel crates, stacked to waist height form a crooked line, with the rockgrinder and two crude looking pickup trucks with heavy stubbers mounted to be fired from the beds, forming part of the barricade.

The heavy stubbers open up wildly, the flash of the grenade having blinded their gunners, lasgun fire, en masse, pours from the barricade. Logen and his assault marines dart to the right, putting themselves quickly out of the lascannon's arc

Serah, in return, makes the aquilla on her chest with her locked thumbs and spread fingers.
Behind him, the kreiger hears the door open, and heavy set footsteps enter the room.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 17:33

OOC: If you wanna pursue Himfea’s thing, we can pretend Gideon never wombled over which’ll free up charles. Is all good
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 17:47

OOC: Or he could tag along
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:03

OOC: Gideon isn’t psychic, plus he n charles have known eachother for all of about 4 hours. Like I said, I don’t mind it’s not like my bit was going anywhere. It’ll give George something interesting to do with Charles.
So I’ll poke him for you
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:24

OOC: How are you by the way?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:27

OOC: Doing alright thanks, how are you mate?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:35

OOC: Hera is aboard, so she might feel this shenanniganery, in the absence of george
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:38

OOC: George knows, he’s currently thinking about what to write
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:45

OOC: I'm doing great, been in Circassia for two months until two weeks ago, applied for residency permit with family, now dealing with mid-term exams

Also doing some animations sometimes

Animation:

Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:49

OOC: AWESOME! I hope it goes smoothly!
Nice animation, though it might be worth boosting the narration a little, though it might just be my phone being crap
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:52

OOC: Thanks mate

You have got to see it on PC in 1080p50HD

edit: It's a new channel of me and a couple of friends by the way
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:55

OOC: I’ll do that when I get a moment
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:56

charles invisibly splits off a shard of himself to go investigate

Charles: interesting... Talk to Chard. He's my military man. Probably in the training room.

the marines keep vigilant as they move, watching for any potential movement

The Inceptors take to the sky, an unrelenting volley of bolt shells answering the heavy stubbers, either killing or pinning them. With this moment of respite from enemy fire, the reivers throw their shock grenades into the midst of the foe. As they detonate, the enemy defence point ceases fire entirely for a moment, as they recover from the blast of the grenades. During that moment, the reivers activate grapnel launchers, grabbing onto any potential grappling point near the enemy, usually their own cover, and use that to drag themselves at great speed towards the cultists, closing ranks before they can recover, and beginning to get about their bloody work up close and personal.

the kreiger turns towards the door

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 18:58

Anne: I've lived through worse than this.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:02

*It appears that the source of the activity is the room which he locked up Viktor in*

OOC: We seem to have quite a lot of characters it seems http://warhammerrejects.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Warhammer_40k_Characters

Last edited by Himfea Gaur on 2018-03-22, 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:03

this split off charles appears in the cell

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:08

*He finds Viktor resting his hands on the wall, leaning to the floor, his appearance slightly distorted*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:09

Charles:...do you mind?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:09

Mac: "I don't doubt ye have, but you still need rest to keep livin through shit like it ay?"

The narrow corridor they are in, joins a much larger fairway, they can see people walking past the opening. Seemingly uninfected people.

The assault marine Dar'asn, descends from on high upon the rockgrinder, dismembering the lascannon's gunner in a violent display of brute strength, tearing the creature's head from its shoulders, then pulling open a hatch into its internal compartment, and dissapearing from sight. The marine with a flamer, lands on the back of the machine, and sets about igniting the massed lasgun wielding hybrid. A single shot strikes his armour, and penetrates, staggering the astartes, looking up, he sees the primus, the baleful creature's needle pistol aimed. "BROTHERS! CONTACT THIRD BALCONY LEFT SIDE. IT IS THE PRIMUS!"

In the doorway, stands an older man, his rough beard flecked with gray. His torso and left arm is covered in faded white carapace armour, and has a sniper rifle over one shoulder, and an auto pistol of some make holstered at his side, along with a blade of strange design.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:11

Gideon: *Nods* “Thank you”
*Gideon sods off and goes looking for Chard*
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:12

*He turns to Charles, his muscles stretching, making cracking voices as he moves, revealing his face which now came closer to the other half of his nature*

Last edited by Himfea Gaur on 2018-03-22, 19:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:15

Anne: "I'll be fine."

They remain vigilant and press on

one the inceptors and most of the reivers are still tied up with the hybrids. Those reivers who aren't begin to move on the primus, several prepping shock grenades.

The kreiger nods silently in greeting

Chard is as charles said he would be

Charles: ...I do not have time for this right now...

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:18

"Feed me."

*He is now shaking*

Last edited by Himfea Gaur on 2018-03-22, 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Charles:...oh good. They made you wrong.

G: *Walking in* “Chard?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:27

Mac: "Lets let the medics decide that yeah?"

Za'Thun: *walking up to noctis, and raising a fist to call a halt* "Lieutenant... Hold. There are civilians there."

Logen: +Inceptors, lay down fire, bracket him, reivers, hold, you cannot engage it in combat safely, continue to dispose of the hybrid.+

Jax nods in return, goes to a locker, and deposits his rifle into it, then walks over to serah and the krieger. "Not interrupting am i?" He speaks confidently, without hint of reverence the kreiger was showing serah.
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:32

*He looks more disturbing as he frowns*

"What?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:45

Charles: the fact you're half human means this shouldn't be a problem.

anne sighs and sits back in her bed

Noctis: no. No there are not.

the primaris do as instructed, although the reivers still keep ready incase things don't go so well for logan

Kreiger: not at all. The holy maiden was merely blessing my armament.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:46

Chard: *lights iho stick* Present.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:54

"THEN EXPLAIN WHY I'M SPASMING!"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:54

"Apparently your creators made you wrong."

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:57

“The Inquisitor said to talk to you about operations planetside”
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 19:59

*He keeps shaking, tears down, starts punching the wall, bending the wall outwards, but also breaking his finger and wrist bones after a while, but keeps going, also the creaking voices keep going through the ship*
"I was meant to be the superior creation! Why, why!"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 20:01

Charles: Because I'm still a part of you. And I am an inherently flawed being. The idea of using my DNA to make a superior being is frankly idiotic.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 20:03

Chard: *puff* aye, that's me

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-03-22, 20:06

*He stops and falls on his knees, not showing a sign of pain, despite his lower arms being broken and hanging from the elbow*

"Wh- what do you mean? They've told me you were immensely powerful!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next