Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-07, 04:57

Hera: "Torture. It sends him proper off the deepend."

*With their guiding figure gone, the hybrid fall quickly.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-07, 05:13

Anne: ah.

*shooty murder*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-09, 00:03

Hera: "Almost had him running into commorah last time."

The flames engulfing Za'Thun die. His arms fall slack to his sides, and Noctis hears the quiet *Thunk* of a suit locking up.

Laurence enters the lecture theater, ten minutes late. The hubbub dies and falls to silence, as he holds up a hand. "Sorry i'm late... I spent the small hours trying to contact people... And with the warp storms... Well, you'll all just have to talk very quietly, else i might smash into a thousand pieces."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-09, 00:35

Anne: last time?

Noctis: Brother? *he moves over to him*

(I do not know who is with laurence)
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-09, 00:45

Hera: "Showed him the scars. Went fuckin nuclear." *she raises her eyebrows*

He replies, as if through clenched teeth. "Just a moment..."

The obligatory we are all fucked, meeting, being as it is, is attended by basically all of laurences staff. Even those whom are usually absent from social events, such as the quiet and discomforting group of five men, known collectively as Lazarus. naturally, the invitation was extended to tyren, lyanna, and diana.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-09, 01:04

Anne: what scars ma'am? (you never told her you eejit)

Noctis nods, keeping an eye on him as he continues coordinating fire

Lyanna showed up.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-09, 01:19

Hera leans forwards, and takes the bottle, refilling her glass. "It was... a thursday i think." She looks at mac. "Thursday?"

Mac: "Reckon it was a thursday aye."

She looks back at anne. "Thursday. Nice and quiet, we were dug in pretty hard. Trenches, few bunkers. Fighting a khornate cult..."

The last of the hybrid run or are cut down.

As did Tyren, stood at the back of the room, as any of the fold down chairs would likely not bear his weight armoured. Laurence walks slowly to the middle of the floor, in front of a large whiteboard. "So... The fleet is due within the week..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-09, 02:55

Anne listens silently

Noctis turns back to the chaplain

Lyanna: fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 01:25

Hera: "There was about a thousand of us then. Still a few Arani left." She pauses, realising anne doesn't know who the arani are. "The arani was my old regiment. The Thirty Second Arani Crusaders. There was six thousand of us... on the muster field. but anyway... Scars. Heard this screaming sound, off to the west, where Lucy was in command, our left flank. I grab the last few arani lads, still stuck around me, that lot did. Set off down the line, sun had just gone down, so we had stablights on..." She stalls, holding the glass up to the light. Looking through the honey brown liquid, turning the glass this way and that, so she can see the intricate etchings on its surface, and the slightly viscous syrup inside lolls from side to side. "We found em raping Luce, Laughin like it was the best fun they'd had in weeks. Schmidt shot the bastard off her... put a hole right here." She points a finger to her temple. "Course then they knew we were there.... Y'ever fought in a trench?"

He is still stood, stock still.

Laurence walks over to the cogitator, and hits a key. The projector, bolted to the ceiling, hums into life. A map, of the area, one lyanna has seen before, on the dataslate laurence gave her, when he implored her help. "We're right next to the capital. Chances are, the warriors are going to hit here first. Take the city... We're going to make it hell for them. The PDF are already digging in, civilian ships are leaving as fast as they can get loaded, conscript numbers are good..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 01:27

Anne: I have.

Noctis: brother?

Lyanna: and we know they're not just going to destroy everything and build on the ruins because...?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 01:42

Hera tips her head back, and empties the glass, then sets it back on the table gently. "Its bloody awful stuff. Second to tunnels, its the fucking worst. I was rockin a staff back then. Nalwood, psychically active stuff, that and a laspistol. My Arani lads had lasguns, bayonets fixed o'course. Dark eldar... Armour's not thick, but bloody hell they're fuckin murder in a fight. Serrated knives, they fight with. We gave as good as we got, i reckon. Couple other people run in, namely, This dipshit." She points at mac. "Mute, jack an hakken. Didn't get Bandit, thank the emperor. He was out in no mans."

*With another *thunk* Za'Thun's armour unlocks. and he loosens his shoulders.* "Yes, Brother?" *He turns his head to look at noctis.*

Laurence: "Because they think this will be easy. And they know you, and he, and i, am here. They'll want corpses." He points to her, then to tyren, then at himself.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 01:48

Anne: I've..fought them before. Kabalites I could deal with. Wyches and Incubi...not so much.

Noctis: *he nods* Had me half worried for a moment.

Lyanna:...that depends on who's in charge actually.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 01:55

Hera snorts, and calms it to a small chuckle. "You wanna tell this bit mac?"

Mac: "Aye, why not." He shifts his arse on the sofa so he's facing anne. "A wych showed up. And proceeded to systematically fuck us seven shades of up."

Za'Thun: "It shall take more than that, for me to meet the emperor, brother."

Laurence hits another key on the cogitator, and the map jerkily zooms out, showing the vast glaciers of the north. "Then we move to the north. Hold the promethium rigs."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 01:56

Anne: yeah...they do that. They were tough, but when I fought them I did manage to come out on top. The incubus is what got me.

Noctis: of course *chuckles, before getting on the vox* Brother Logan, what is your status?

Lyanna: how?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:03

Hera shakes her head. "Well, we didn't have power swords. So she tore through us like wet tissue paper. Soon enough, everyone who came was dead or trussed up like a grox."

Logen +The target is dead. We are evacuating brother Vel'jat, he was injured with a needle weapon.+

Laurence: "There's enough promethium stored there to make one hell of a bang"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:20

Anne doesnt' reply, just listening still

+Roger that. Our target has also been eliminated. Do you need assistance?+

Lyanna:... and that stops them just destroying everything how?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:25

"So, they went back to having their fun. Wych figured i was in charge, decided she'd make a personal job of it." Hera starts undoing the buttons of her shirt. "Ever seen a razorflail?"

+Negative, we've only seen purestrains retreating further down. Brother Raeven may need assistance.+

Laurence gives himself the liberty of a smile. "Because it's half a mile under an ice shelf. If they want us out of there, they're going to have to come in. Lances aren't exactly effective against ice as it turns out."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:27

Anne:... *nods, having gone a bit pale*

+Roger that. Stay safe, brother.+

Lyanna:...nova cannons are.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:35

She undoes the last one, and takes off her shirt. She's just wearing a guard issue bra under it. She stands, and turns around. "That's what it'll do, if they're not trying to kill you." Her back is covered in ugly, ragged scars. Anne can see the marks where they were stitched back together. "It leaves the skin hanging off. Stitches had to sew it to the muscle."

+Affirmative. The same.... Brother.+

Laurence: "They could shake the shelf to pieces with a concentrated bombardment, true. They'll probably try once we make a nuisance of ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:37

Anne pauses, then turns her back to hera. she removes her own shirt. she has the same scars.

Noctis: +Captain, Both targets eliminated, do you need assistance?+

Lyanna: um...Laurence. Nova cannon. Wouldn't take much from one of those. Hell, even a bombardment cannon would do it.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:44

Hera: She nods. "Aye... you know how it feels."

Over the vox, noctis hears the roar of a tunnel fight. The heavy chop of a stubber, the rapport of a bolter, the ringing of a breaching shield absorbing fire. +We are engaged with the enemy. The Patriarch...+ He hears raeven grunt with effort, then continue +Has engaged personally.+

Laurence: "You're severely underestimating the strength of that much ice."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:47

Anne: I mentioned I lost to that incubi didn't I

+Do you need backup sir?+

Lyanna: you're underestimating how many gigantic guns they have.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:48

Hera: "didn't think incubi were that interested in the torture part."

+I believe... we shall prevail. But I shall not turn you away.+

Laurence: "Then lets call it a gamble, shall we? Nothing ventured nothing gained."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:51

Anne: they aren't. But they always work for one of the others who is.

+Roger that. We're moving to assist. Hang tight, captain+

Lyanna:... *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:56

Hera: "Quite surprised you lived, really. You didn't have half a ton of angry, now tongueless man to beat the shit out of them for you."

Noctis only hears the sickening sound of a blade passing through flesh, before the vox dies.

Laurence: He smiles at her, then turns back to addressing the room. "No plan lasts first contact with the enemy. But the gist of it is, we'll be relying heavily on the people in this room... and the pandoras box downstairs."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 02:57

Anne: no. But I had a very pissed off inquisitor to do that.

Noctis: Brothers! The captain has engaged with the patriarch. Shall we give him a hand?

Lyanna just nods.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 03:11

Hera: "Aye that'd do it."

Ter'San: "That we shall!"

Laurence: "Anyone reckons they can use something down there, the doors open, metaphorically speaking. This old place will drop pretty quickly i reckon, once they figure out whats here. For those wondering, yes, everything down there, is coming out. even Sidonai."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 03:49

Anne: never seen him that angry. And..well. Terrifying.

Noctis: then let us move.

Lyanna still says nothing
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-10, 21:24

Hera: "Hmn... never seen him cut loose... I think..." Anne sees something weird in hera's response. She seems to be remembering something, but not. She shrugs, and sits back down, shirt left on the chair's arm.

*there is a resounding roar of agreement.*

Laurence: "Thats about it. Get some sleep, eat well. You'll need it."
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 01:00

OOC: I did not know this.

https://youtu.be/SG7VvMGw6w0?t=6m35s
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:00

Anne:...ma'am?

*they move*

Lyanna: I don't have to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:20

Hera: "Nothing... Maybe a dream, or a premonition... I saw the future, in the warp. Gives me the strangest feelings of dejavu sometimes." She smiles, and pours herself another glass.

Laurence: "One, i'm addressing a room, and two, do it anyway, it'll make you feel better." His eyes flick almost imperceptibly between tyren and lyanna.

They hear the rattle of claws through the vents, all heading towards their destination as they move

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:27

Anne: ah... right. *takes a sip*

Lyanna: no i mean, physically, I don't need sleep.

*they pick up the pace*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:30

Hera: "You know, when i piloted the ship. I don't do that on the regular. Just to clarify."

Laurence: *People are starting to file out.* "Neither do i, feels good though. Good for the mind." *another rapid glance at tyren, then back to her.*

Za'thun: "The beasts are making an issue of their patriarch."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:32

Anne: fair enough. By the way... did you recover my armour? or my sword?

Lyanna: what are you...?

Noctis: and the more that gather, the more danger the captain is in.
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:32

OOC: Gor, shall we continue?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:33

OOC can do
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:38

Hera: "I... I don't know. I'll be honest. Was running on fumes in there."

A wry smile spreads across laurence's tired, lined face. He taps his nose, twice, then walks to the door, standing to the side as other people leave.

Za'Thun: "I have yet to see him overwhelmed. I do not believe it shall happen today." There is little concern in his voice. Faith, as stone, so it would seem.
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:41

Himfea Gaur wrote:
*He is still shaking*
"Make it stop!"

OOC: Your turn
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:44

Charles sighs and pulls out a hip flask. Opening it, he offers it to the other man.

Anne: oh.... *goes a little pale*

Lyanna glares at him as he goes

Noctis: even so, better safe than sorry brother.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 03:55

Hera: "The salamanders are going in there. Reckon they'll have the place clean enough for us to go looking pretty soon. We lost his power armour down there too."

Tyren, who has been stood stock still and silent, for the duration, finally speaks once laurence leaves with the last of his people. In a confused tone he says. "Why are you glaring?"

Za'Thun: "Indeed."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:03

Anne: Thanks... I need that sword.

Lyanna: he's a dick.

*they move*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:07

Hera: "Heirloom right? Sorry. I shouldn't do that." she gestures vaguely at her head then towards anne

Tyren: "He told us to sleep...?"

Soon, they hear the sounds of battle. Bolter fire, the clash of blades, screams.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:08

Anne:..do what?

Lyanna:... he knows about us and is being a coy git.

*speed*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:14

Hera: "Its... hard to explain. It was a word in the air. Something you were thinking quite hard."

Tyren: "Oh. He probably read me." He looks sidelong at lyanna, trying to gauge her reaction.

They've fallen more levels now, moving into the depths of the underhive. the toxic hellhole known as the sump. Coming to an airlock. A prestigious piece of work, perhaps dating back to the dark age twenty metres tall, and thirty wide, blown from its hinges. From beyond the empty frame, the cacophony of war has become deafening.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:18

Anne: no it's fine. And yeah.. heirloom. My anscestor was a general, fought alongside space marines. Did well enough the astartes captain awarded him the sword. Been trying to find out what chapter it was.

Lyanna: is that so? *inquisitive look*

*more speed*
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:21

*He drains whatever was inside it to the last drop*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:22

after he's done, it seems to refill by itself as charles telekenetically takes it back. his... suffering and degenerating ceases, and reverses.

Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:27

*Breathes in relaxation*

*After a few moments he looks at Charles in curiousity*

"You are definitely not a pet keeper. I don't think you plan to release me either. Out with it, what are you to do with me?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:28

Charles: to be blunt, I don't know yet. You're quite the... unexpected variable.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2018-04-14, 04:31

Hera: "Ah... Maybe you should ask the astartes, when they return?"

Tyren: "He's a psyker? And i assume your mind is harder than mine."

They run onto a ledge, rough rockcrete. Even through powered armour, they can feel the heat blasting up from within. One of the geothermal vents which keep the city warm. Chains hang from the wall, cut halfway, and from the floor, over the ledge's precipice. Over the edge, they see their brothers. The "Floor" of the vent, is in fact an uneven surface, perforated by innumerable tunnels leading down, some as small as a fist, others, large enough to swallow a baneblade whole. Atop a short hill, their brothers stand, back to back. Boarding shields held in a wall, fire blazing down, as hybrid and purestrain alike assail their position from among the steaming vents. Raeven himself, is not to be seen, neither the patriarch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next