Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 03:21

"The emperor has nothing to do with it sir"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 03:22

An eyebrow is raised.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 03:25

"It's about who you choose to be with the life you have...and no one could in good conscience say you have made the wrong choices, sir."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 03:28

"I have made many wrong choices. This..." He gestures towards him, and the brutalized armour standing vigil in the corner. "Is my method of penance."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:01

"what bad can ten thousand years of good not wash away?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:05

he smiles weakly. "I do not remember... It was so very long ago."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:06

"You would have to be the warmaster of the black legion to have commited a heinous enough crime"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:08

"I respected him once. Remember always, how far great men can fall." There is a black look in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:10

"Chaos corrupts all"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:11

"it does indeed... Whether they know it or not..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:13

"...sir?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 04:18

"it's an insidious force... Masquerades as other things.."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 16:16

"Sir... it is rare that its manifestations are...subtle"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:07

"So you would think... and so you would be... quite wrong."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:08

Noctis:...do you know how lord guilliman....fell, sir?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:08

"To fulgrim's blade... the same as ferrus manus."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:10

"I asked him about it. It was aboard the pride of the emperor. Fulgrim's flagship... did you ever see it in its prime, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:19

"I did... I sat on the marble benches. And saw fulgrim give war council. I respected him. Honoured him."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:25

"It was.,...changed sir. The triumphal way was unrecognisable. There was almost no light, and any light the ultramarines brought was almost swallowed up by the darkness. Gone were the great bronze statues of the legion's heroes, and grand artistry of their triumphs. In their place, twisted and contorted sculptures, and 'artwork' depicting acts profane and obscene, crafted in unclean, likely human, fluids, left untended so as to allow thick matts of mould to grow. They had been placed without care, and they had not cleared away what was left of the old, with shattered frames heaped like driftwood, and bronze scrap scattered in heaps, obscured by clotting mounds of filth. The marble cladding on the walls was shattered and rent, with a black liquid oozing forth from the cracks. Onyx columns were wrenched from their settings and lay broken, the engraved lists of past victories naught but a jumble of letters scattered on the ground. The paving was shattered, and in place of the metal deck that should have been visible beneath, there was only an endless, black abyss."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:27

"That was the work of warpstuff. Twisting the sight and minds of those who saw it. Each man may have seen something else. That is what the warp does, noctis."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:32

"The phoenix gate too was changed. It still depicted the emperor, fulgrim, and the crowd of onlookers...but other than that it was unrecognisable. The soft bronze had been cut with profane symbols, carved into the soft bronze. The crowd of onlookers had been reworked into cavorting, lewd creatures of unnatural origin, the skill of artistry varying so much it destroyed the careful illusion of depth in the original carving. The eyes of the aquila had been hacked out. The emperor's head gouged from the gateway and replaced with a mesh of bones lashed together with blackened sinew. Fulgrim's face was now a moving mask of silver, which shifted through a vast range of expressions, all variations of hateful sneering arrogance. His body body had become a multi limbed serpantine creature, depicted as a savage god, rich with potency."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:34

"Noctis... What guilliman told you. It was not real. It was simply his own personal hell. To see his brother brought low, to the very opposite of his once noble self. That ship... should you or i walk its halls, we would see different things, us both."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:39

"His soldiers saw the same things, sir"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 17:44

"This is the warp... What fulgrim and his men did to their ship, we have no way of knowing what was real, and what was imagined... the point remains... Do not assume chaos to be obvious"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 18:12

"there was more sir"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 18:20

"The specifics do not matter. What is important, is that you listen to me... Chaos is insidious. You must learn to question everything, at all times... Lest you make the same mistakes."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:09

"Sir, you are wrong. I know what chaos is. I understand it. I... The lord commander has a grey knight alongside him often. Aldrik Voldus, grand master of the third brotherhood. He..explained things. While you are right, it is insidious, a force of unreality itself...the changes it inflicts upon reality are themselves, real. They do not change subject to the viewer. The specifics matter sir."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:10

"Do you truly know what chaos is? Truly?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:29

"It is the emotion of our dimension given form and feeling."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:36

"Which means, each and every fear, hope, and thought. Conscious or not, is made real in the warp. That... Is how chaos is so insidious. It does not simply know what you want, and what you fear. it is."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:38

"That is why the specifics matter sir. If you or I were on that ship, we would see the same. The specifics were not an illusion unique to guilliman and his men's view. It was crafted to be abhorrent to all of the emperor's subjects. To turn the emperor's children into a great, tragic irony."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:56

"indeed..." An eyebrow is raised
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:57

he sighs, remembering more of the story.
"It was in the heliopolis...the very place you sat once sir, that the two brothers finally came face to face"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-19, 23:57

"I know the story."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-20, 00:19

"The heliopolis itself..... was in ruins. Derelict and decaying. The great windows in the dome were dark, their shutters closed from neglect. Everything was covered in dust, and the air stank of sweat and musk. Bones were scattered about, amid toppled fire bowls. Most were human, but there were astartes remains amongst them, the tattered remains of their black carapace clinging to them. Shell holes dotted the marble cladding, as echoes of long ago battle, the blast patterns of bolt detonations obvious to see. The ceiling mosaics were dotted with holes, faces smashed in. Hooks between the figures held bent banner poles, shreds of triumphal standards that commemorated a thousand victories. A single standard was complete, but it was coated in....filth. All that was untouched was fulgrim's black throne."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-20, 23:22

"Noctis... I know the story. You need not remind me of the horrors."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-21, 03:56

"I am...sorry sir"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-21, 04:00

"I am well acquainted with chaos... I think i remember, when she was born."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-21, 23:51

"She, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-21, 23:57

"Him, it.. Whichever. Slaanesh."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-21, 23:58

"She who thirsts..."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:01

"As the eldar put it..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:02

he nods
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:08

He leans over, and picks his helmet up off the floor, turning it over in his hands. "I've likely said too much."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:17

"...sir?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:21

"There are things you need not know lieutenant."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:22

"...Are you sure sir?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:27

"Knowledge is power, noctis... and power corrupts."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:28

"Sir...you are not corrupt"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:29

"In the eyes of many i am...."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2018-04-22, 00:33

"No one sane"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next