HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

PostSubject: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:05

Trajan sits atop his horse, in full battle regalia, infront of the organised gleaming line of his victorious legionaries. His bodyguard, LI, is beside him, as he awaits this kelthrovi emmissary's approach

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:22

From the mouth of the canyon, a lone figure approaches. Even from this distance, (quite safe from any arrow fire the kelthrovi may have rendered, some hours before, when the canyon had appeared a challenge, rather than the backdrop to a butchers yard.) Trajan can recognize the armour of one of kelthro's famed immortals. An ancient warrior society, hailed from some long forgotten city taken into the grander kelthrovi empire. Or so they say. The man walks alone through the corpses of his felled countrymen, or, more often than not, other peoples countrymen, as the slave armies are.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:23

A slight smile creeps over trajan's face, as he dismounts, approaching the man alongside LI

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:35

Without his shield, the immortal looses a portion of the imposing figure they normally cut, but with a sword at his hip, and the almost entirely covering helm he wears, imposing he is none the less. from the exposed skin of his bicep, mid leg and neck, his kelthrovi heritage is obvious from the heavy tan, quite different from trajan's northern complexion.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:46

Trajan cuts a striking figure, in his Segmentata, clearly showing many a battle scar, yet still gleaming bright, as he has spent a long time polishing it up between engagements. He currently lacks a shield, His Gladius Hasta resting in its scabbard, his tunica a glorious imperial purple and black.

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:50

OOC: So they’re in Stracia? Or that first city?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:52

In contrast, the immortals armour is dulled to a matte finish, failing to glint under the midday sun. Beneath the steel, trajan can see white fabric, silk perhaps, and a short plume sits upon his helmet of sandy gold, much like the dunes beneath their feet.

"Dracian." His voice is deep, and accented. A sharp twang pervades his words, and he pronounces the word more like Dra-sea-an. with heavy emphasis put on the N.

OOC: On the border of kelthro and cymrai. right back to the start
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:54

"I presume you are the commander of these forces?"

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 16:58

OOC: Ahh, that means Mordred is with them
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 17:05

"I am Prince Ket'Verahi Keji'Seyifi. The Immortals march at my word." *he draws the blade at his hip, and holds it loosely at his side. It is a forward crooked blade, a foot in the straight, then bent at 30 degrees a further foot to a gentle point. The hilt curls around at the bottom, fashioned into the visage of a snakes head.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 17:08

"I am Gaius Magnus Traijanus, Senator, general and Consul of Dracia. *slight smile* And The Empire marches at mine."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 17:13

*With a flick of the arm and wrist, he throws his sword into the sand, burying itself to the crook.* "You have bested us, Gaius Magnus Traijanus. I come to ask that my warriors be treated with dignity in defeat, and that my death be swift."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 17:15

"Please, Call me Trajan. Now as for you and your warriors.,...well, there are three options for you and your men."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:00

Ket'Verahi's eyes seem hard behind his helmet. "Continue, Trajan."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:03

"Well. Option one, You are all put to the sword. Definitely not what I want to do, but there are those who prefer death to surrender, as I'm sure you know. Option two, we take your men, and resettle them within the empire. They will be subjects of dracia, with all the rights of any citizen of the provinces. We will find them homes, we will even offer them positions within the auxiliaries if they so wish it. You and your command staff meanwhile, will be handed over to the Invicti for assessment, your fate in their hands."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:04

An eyebrow is almost certainly raised. "And your third, 'offer'?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:08

Trajan: *smiling* Well, since I am Consul, I have the authority to offer you an... Alliance, I suppose you could say.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:10

"An Alliance? To what end?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:15

"Tell me, prince. Is it true that you were the rightful heir to the kelthrovi throne, And that you lost your crown to the actions of your uncle?"

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:17

"...We both live in our fathers shadows, so it would appear."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:18

Trajan: and it would seem, we both have grievance with your monarch.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:21

"You suggest i betray my nation to you, for my personal revenge?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:22

Trajan: You would rather one of the other options?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:27

"I would rather put myself to the blade than be turned over to your torturers... I am aware of your reputation, Gaius Magnus Traijanus. You would not offer such, had you an option otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:30

Trajan: You and your immortals are famous across the continent, Prince. I don't want to have you all killed, or scattered to the far ends of the empire. I'm always looking for trustworthy, and powerful allies.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:40

"Allies with which to conquer my homeland?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:41

"I do not come to conquor your home. Even with an army like this, that would be a lofty goal indeed. We Wish to retake the ruins of Stracia, and build the city up to greatness once more."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:52

"That blasted ruin was destroyed by dragonfire. It is tainted."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 18:54

"You might beleive it tainted, we do not."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:01

"And in helping you take stracia, my men and i are enemies of kelthro. What then?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:02

"Well. You still have a grievance to take up with your nephew. And you'd have the most powerful empire in the known world in your debt."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:13

"Indeed... It is customary, in these lands, to walk, while discussing such matters." *he looks around at the corpses* "Elsewhere, perhaps."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:14

"As you wish" *gestures for ket to take the lead*

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:16

*he strikes off away from the field of dead.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:17

Trajan follows, as does LI

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:18

"Preferably without your demon, as i gave you the suchsame courtesy."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:19

Trajan: LI, remain here for now, please.

LI: Yes, consul.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:21

"It is well trained, at least."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 19:22

Trajan: I'd prefer that you didn't refer to her as 'it'.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 21:42

"Very well, your demon is a she."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 21:43

Trajan: *looks over at LI* Pay him no mind LI
LI: *nods*
Trajan: anyway, lead on.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 21:50

*he shrugs, and starts walking out into the sparse brush, the lead up to the desert on the other side of the plateau the canyon cuts through.* "Your dealings with cymrai have done you well."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 21:53

Trajan: they have indeed. My sister is their queen, so that made things somewhat easier.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 22:01

"Strategic marriages. Distasteful."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 22:06

Trajan: far from it. *chuckles* She followed her heart. Ran away to be with her husband. Had she not confided in me and got me to cover for her, she'd have been hunted and arrested.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 23:26

"Of course. Of course, and for a dowry you had three hundred elephants and a camel made of gold."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 23:28

"Not at all. *chuckles* Just cause I'm consul, doesn't mean I'm THAT wealthy."

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 23:45

The prince walks on, behind his helmet, irritated by trajan's friendliness. "To the core of it. I do not think you can accomplish what you seek."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 23:48

Trajan: Is that so, oh prince?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   2018-03-26, 23:55

"Indeed. It is quite a march to stracia from here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot