Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:04

Ket: "Do not underestimate the grand army. It is how every dracian invasion has failed so far."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:05

Trajan: none were as big as this one.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:06

Mord: “The river is a pain to cross, the current is strong and landing ships will be hard. Progress would be slow and predictable, a competant enemy will be able to use this to their advantage. This ‘Grand Army’ would dictate when and where we fight”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:08

Ket: "Thus we must be ever ready to fight. Should my nephew be a competent commander, he will harry us at every turn before attacking on as many fronts as possible, attempting to surround and exhaust your legions with disposable warriors, before closing to finish you with his professionals."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:13

Trajan: is he a competent commander, prince?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:21

Ket: "As last i checked, the young usurper is indeed. The king will send his second son, who i taught the ways of war myself."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:44

Trajan: We might actually have a challenge on our hands boys!
*laughter from the legates*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:49

Ket: "I would prefer you showed my people respect, Consul. Led as they may be by a Tyrant and a madman, The Kelthrovi are a mighty people, who have seen your legions with tails between their legs more than once!" *he slams a gauntleted fist to the table.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:53

the room goes somewhat quiet. Trajan's smile has faded.
Trajan: tell me, prince. Approximately how many Dracians were in that slave army we routed earlier today?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:57

Mordred: *Is chuckling quite happily to himself not really caring for the silence*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-28, 23:59

Ket: *the still helmeted prince stares hard at Trajan, then eases back into his chair, and absently tightens the strap of his vambrace.* "I do not dabble with the slave armies, truth be told. And it depends how you define dracian, do those in provinces conquered by you count? How long until conquered nations become dracian?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:07

Trajan: every nation in the known world conquers territory and peoples to add to their realm. We're simply the best at it. Meanwhile, I doubt I could find a single century in any of my legions where a substantial number of those men hadn't had family members dragged off by kelthrovi raids. You know better than us what they do to people in the slave camps. Do you really expect respect to come from these men, considering that?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:15

Ket: "You are quite correct, Consul. The slave camps are horrors. My Denya. Hakon Leif." He gestures to the man. "A prize fighter of the pits in Nigisti. Would you like him to describe by how he came to stand before you? Or shall i simply say that we do not take slaves, nor do we support the trade, to the best of our capability? Beyond this, your distaste for a nation's predilections, does not preclude you from respecting its people on the whole, a vast majority whom are uninvolved." He pauses, to meet trajan's gaze directly. "Your religion disgusts me. And yet i took a seat at your table, rather than doused your face in my blood when offered the choice." He leans back, seemingly done with his tirade. Though it has to be said, his voice did not raise or waver above conversational the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:21

Trajan: you misunderstand, Prince. You are sat amongst a consul and his legates. Men chosen by the gods, the senate, the people, and their own experience, as some of the greatest leaders our empire has. You are sat amongst them, because you and your men have our respect. Your king, and the rest of Kelthro's armies however, do not.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:23

*he exhales heavily, not a sigh, but, something near.* "Apologies. So used to insults, i assumed."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:26

the consul's smile returns.
"Think nothing of it. I'm sure there are more cultural misunderstandings to come, tis only natural."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:26

*THERE WAS NO MENTION OF SLAVERY*

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2018-03-29, 00:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:28

Ket: "Indeed. Perhaps the topic best leave the table?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:29

Mordred: *Nods in agreement* “Aye”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:31

*Mordred's noticed he's started getting looks from some of the legates*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:35

With Trajan failing to supply his usual charisma, Ket steps into the breach. Lifting his helmet off, and placing it between his legs, as the horsehair plume would obscure his face would it be set on the table. "Perhaps, we should turn to matters of supply. I could guide your forces to the oasis' required to cross the dune sea, but what of your food supply?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:39

Without his helm obscuring it, the prince is, quite obviously of kelthrovi blood. Most definitely. Jet black hair, a strong jaw and subtle cheekbones. Thick eyebrows, a long, thin nose, and a close cropped beard. Along with the almond eyes so common, make him the definition of a kelthrovi man. A small scar runs perpendicular to the line of his jaw, on his left side. He looks to be around thirty something years, a few lines running across his forehead, and the beginnings of crowsfeet in his eyes. A slight smile, not Trajan's wide grin, but a more subtle one. One that speaks of confidence, and comfort in his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:57

*Stops chuckling and smiles*

Mordred: “Are they large enough to supply the legions?”

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2018-03-29, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 00:58

Ket: "The oasis'? Some. The smaller ones, the legions shall have to travel separately."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:00

*one probably not very interesting talk about logistics later*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:04

Ket clicks his neck, and stretches. "Well. This has been, in most, a far more civilized and pleasant discussion than i had expected. The march must start before dawn, so perhaps we should catch what rest we may?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:05

“We’re not Thengul Ket’Verahi”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:05

Trajan: Agreed. Dismissed, gentlemen. Also, Prince, Mordred, I wish to speak with you in my private tent, alone if possible.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:07

ket looks at Trajan. "Prince Mordred, Or Prince, and Mordred?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:07

Trajan: the latter. I'd like to speak to the both of you, if you wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:09

"So long as it should not take too long. I was woken up from a pleasant nap today by our neighbors. Oh yes, you were there."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:09

Mord: “Lead the way”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:10

He does so, LI remaining close behind him.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:13

Hakon Leif, and Tefi'Tawali, the two immortals ket brought with him follow on after ket as he leaves the tent.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:14

*once they've arrived*
"Well, I won't bother wasting your time, Ket'verahi. If our soldiers are to work alongside each other, I can't have any kind of superstitions getting in the way of our cooperation. Do you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:17

"I presume you refer to our supposed undying temperament?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:19

Trajan: not quite. *his charismatic smile returns* LI?
LI: Yes, consul?
Trajan: I know it makes you uncomfortable, but would you be so kind as to remove your helm?
LI: As you wish, sir.
*The clavae slowly reaches up, removing her helmet. She looks fairly... normal. short blonde hair, a fair, unblemished face. The only thing really out of the ordinary being her piercing, ruby red eyes.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:22

*Mordred isn’t even bothered in the slightest*
“It’s good to see the battle didn’t harm your looks”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:23

Ket is slightly more offput. "I know that clavae bleed as well as any. But women larger than Thengul warriors? Who are made by your factorem Mortem? There is something beyond nature's hand in them."

Last edited by Captain Raeven on 2018-03-29, 01:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:25

LI:...I would prefer you did not talk about me as if I wasn't here.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:27

Ket turns to face her, his eyes meeting hers through the eye holes of his helm. "I believe you to be the product of sorcery. Men meddling with things should not be meddled. Our legend is simply that. We are no undead warriors of the underworld, but you, are not of this one."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:31

Mord: “The gods are fickle Ket’Verahi. I am sure they have a great deal more surprises lined up for our world than just the Clavae”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:31

LI doesn't show much of a reaction. A subtle facial movement. Ket notices it however... He seems to have...saddened her with his remark.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:35

He turns to Trajan "I will instruct my men that the Clavae are no Demons. But i do not expect it to endear them. As for you, you may inform your men that Immortals are but human, for all the good it shall do. Superstition is a powerful thing, consul. It takes time to dispel." Before he turns, on seeing her face, LI does see ket's hard expression soften, if only a fraction.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:36

Trajan: indeed it is. I'm glad we're in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:42

Ket: "I suppose that is all?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:42

LI: Kelthrovi.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

He turns to her. "Yes, Dracian?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:44

LI:....I am no pet, kelthrovi.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:45

Ket: "Show me Clavae leading armies, and i shall call you a pet demon no longer."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-03-29, 01:54

*the sad expression intensifies a little.*
LI: May I put my helmet back on now, sir?
Trajan: of course, LI. Whatever makes you comfortable.
LI: thankyou. *she does so*
Trajan: LI is somewhat... special. The others do not tend to so much as talk. From what I've gathered from her, they can, they just don't want to. She's uncomfortable talking, she's uncomfortable showing her face. I even asked if she'd prefer a more normal name than her number. She turned it down. Like with showing her face, having any other name made her uncomfortable. *sighs, although Ket can tell it is a caring sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: RP stuff :: Misc. (The "original" settings/universes we come up with)-
Jump to: