Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:26

"Obvious and exploitable defensive weaknesses"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:29

Ket: "Three."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:29

he chuckles "I did say so far"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:34

Ket: "Not that it matters. They will open the gates for me"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:35

"Indeed."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:51

"Wait here, behind the dunes. We'll march onwards."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:52

"As you say" he smiles and gives a dracian salute "Good luck, prince"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:56

"Luck? I am merely riding into a city, to water my men and horses." behind that helmet, the man must be smiling like a madman.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 01:58

"of course you are"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:00

"Goodbye, man i have never met and am certainly not aiding."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:01

"May Arenae guide you safely, complete stranger"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:05

Ket spurs his horse, and the immortal column continues on.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:06

Mordred rides up and comes to a stop next to trajan
“He’s going to open the gates for us?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:09

"He is"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:10

“And then we grind through the streets?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:11

"Before they have a chance to realise they're under attack, we're inside"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:13

“They’ll have lookouts surely”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:15

"The immortals will deal with them."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:21

“Good, it would be a waste to lose lives here”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:26

"indeed"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:28

“How long will the army remain here once we capture the city?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:29

"Long enough to resupply"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:32

The column continues to approach the city. No alarms are raised, the gates remain open, and unbarred.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:33

Trajan meanwhile, summons titus
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-01, 02:40

A few minutes pass and Titus turns up, looking as well kept as you’d expect of a dracian.
“Sir.” He salutes the Consul and stands to attention

Mordred: “I’ll have my engineers ready themselves. If the immortals fail, we’ll need to bring down the walls. We cannot afford a protracted siege”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:10

"Titus, i want you and your cavalry read as soon as possible. once the gates are open, you'll be the first inside. Secure a beachhead for us, just incase resistance is stiffer than expected. Ride as fast as you can, get inside, dismount and secure the entryway, understood?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:36

Titus: “Understood, we’ll be ready within the hour”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:39

"See that you are. Dismissed"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:42

Titus turns and leaves to ready his cavalry

Mord: “Auxiliary?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:43

Trajan: aye. My heavy cavalry.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:51

Mord: “He’ll need men to assist them if there is resistance”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 19:52

"is that an offer I spy, nephew?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:02

“Merely an observation, though if you’d like for me to assist them...you merely have to ask Uncle”

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2018-05-02, 20:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:07

"What would you suggest?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:12

“Asking me to have my men follow the cavalry in, so when they inevitably run into a horde of very surprised and likely pissed off spearmen they'll have someone to hide behind. Your army will then be able to advance at a leisurely pace toward the city while my men secure the gatehouse and the surrounding walls”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:15

"Perhaps, although the reason i chose my cavalry is their speed will let them get in faster than the rest of our forces."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:20

“I have Five hundred cavalrymen who are able to dismount and hold ground. Your cavalry will act as a ram, and mine will be there to support them”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:21

"Sound reasoning mordred. Make it so."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:23

He smiles and nods “I shall”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:24

*time skip i guess*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 20:27

*sure*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 21:18

The first cry goes up some ten minutes after the immortals march into the city. "Betrayal!" In those first, crucial minutes, as the defenders are cut down at their posts. Confusion reigns. Many fall as they run towards the immortals to beg aid, or stand beside them against the attack. Unable to comprehend that such legendary defenders of keltho would turn upon it. The bells are rung as the city descends further into chaos.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 21:35

Titus should know this is the signal to engage
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 21:38

OOC: I was chatting to mum

Titus, together with his men and the Cymraic horsemen ride for the city. Horse and rider alike near indistinguishable under the new moon
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 21:42

The din raises as they near the open gates. then they see the first of the corpses. a body thrown clear of the gatehouse, laid spread eagle upon the sand, his skull broken and leaking his life out into the desert.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 21:51

The Dracian cavalry charge in, trampling the corpse underfoot while the Cymriacs slow their horses and prepare to dismount
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 21:52

the dracian infantry meanwhile are already marching on the gate
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 22:05

As they march inside, the extent of the carnage is apparent. Corpses lie in the street in every position, stacked as many as three deep. trade wagons lie abandoned, a horse gallops away as they enter, spooked by the sight of steel.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 22:15

The cavalry pour into the city and they split up, following the streets to the left and right, clearing it as instructed. The Cymraic Cavalrymen having dismounted follow the Dracians in and take to clearing the smaller alleys and streets
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 22:35

Blood runs in rivulets down the cracks between the sandstone paving slabs. The Cymrai find the first of the immortal dead. Slumped against a wall, with arrows between the plates of their armour, and a spear though the meat of their thigh. With the architecture favoring a style with a buttress at the base of the wall, the immortal's head is lent back against the wall. Gazing up at the sky.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime2018-05-02, 22:48

The warriors march past focussed on clearing the immediate area instead of the dead, any kelthrovi who raises arms against them is felled with impunity by cymraic steel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next