HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

A slightly smaller Mess Empty
PostSubject: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-11-29, 00:28

"Okay thats new... The pistol probably wont cut it there."

"Rather good, actually. This one is keeping me busy."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-11-29, 16:48

"Alert. Hostiles appear to be bracing for impact."

he smiles softly
"Glad to hear it"

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-11-29, 20:07

"you might want to do the same."

Byrne: "So you've just been... hanging around down here?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-11-29, 20:16

"Affirmative"

Caiber: you know me. not very social.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-11-30, 13:34

Lying down in the heather, flecks of ash billowing past, they watch the strange thing's decent.

Byrne: "Indeed... I had heard you were lurking around in the ventilation system."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-11-30, 23:34

the ship itself no longer descends...but its belly begins to open like a great gaping maw

Caiber: I was. Got bored of it.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-02, 22:59

Laurence: "Oh fuckkk..."

Byrne: "Well, there must be something else up there... Rats i expect. Regardless, its good to see you're doing well."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-02, 23:03

with the great maw open, great tendrils begin to lower what appears to be a small, humanoid, statuesque figure down towards the ground.... one that keeps getting bigger as it gets closer. Bigger and bigger, more details, more armour, and most importantly more weapons becoming obvious as its true size becomes terrifyingly obvious, a crackling bubble of energy becoming apparent around it.

Caiber: Likewise... bit lonely but then i'm used to that.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-02, 23:15

Laurence: "Well we're right fucked aren't we."

One: "Yeah. Probably."

Three: "I think we can take it down. We just have to get inside."

Byrne: "Yes... I sympathise. Loneliness of a different sort of course, but... Then i have young Abigail to keep me company now." He gently squeezes her shoulder as he says her name, and looks down at her with fondness in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-02, 23:35

"... unlikely"

the titan crashes to the floor with mighty impact, sending a wave of force and dust in all directions, the very earth cracking 'neath its mighty tread.

Caiber looks down at her. Byrne sees a warmness in Caiber's face... but something far more... empty in his eyes.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-02, 23:51

Laurence: "Its joints are the weak part, not its internals... You ever fought titans cog head?"

Byrne: "Are you alright? You seem... Oh... Of course." Byrne nods, remembering their conversation on the viewing deck. Caiber's daughter.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-02, 23:54

"Negative. However. Titan identified as Warlord pattern. Numerous Mauler bolt cannon and lascannon defensive emplacements. Attempting to close to engage has 98.782% chance of death. These statistics do not take into account the titan class power fist."

Caiber: Aye, I'm fine.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:03

Laurence: "Well, our chances of death if that stays on the field are... Lets call it a hundred and be generous. We don't have the guns or the tanks to face it normally.... Which means..."

One: "We take it out ourselves."

Laurence: "You can back out any time coghead."

Byrne: "Lets walk up to Katherine's quarters. She can watch Abigail for a while."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:05

"....Alert. Titan's weapon systems powering up."
the titan lets out a noise like a blaring roar, which seems to be somewhat psychic in nature, as the very minds of our intrepid band feel like they are bombarded by concussive force. Moments later, its apocalypse missile launchers open fire, targeting the very obvious locations of the basilisks which now bombard the Landing zone. Even as this begins, other humanoid figures, notably smaller in size, begin to be lowered from the ship's belly.

Caiber: Alright. Lead the way.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:21

"That thing's got to die sooner rather than later." Laurence holds his hand out, palm up, in a casual gesture. The air above his palm shimmers, like above a road in the desert at midday, then, with a sound like a thousand pained gasps, layered on top of eachother, reality gives way to his will, and a sword is pulled from the ether. The hilt forms the aquilla, the rune etched blade emerging from the eagles open beaks, the crossguard formed from its delicately spread wings.

Byrne takes Abigail's hand, and leads them both back up the twisting paths to the main deck, towards the navigator's quarters.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:27

Moments later, as another volley of missiles are fired, the other figures slam down around the titan. Knights. Armiger, questoris, and even a pair of dominus pattern, surrounding the god-machine.

She follows along, happily enough.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:29

"Well. I hope Our knight friend is feeling especially lucky..." The ruststalker, with her enhanced senses, can hear the servos of laurence's mask magnifying the scene. "Thats a lot of knights..."

Knocking on the door, Byrne looks down at her. "You'll be good for Katherine won't you?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:31

"Odds of surviving assault are drastically decreasing by the second."

"Fiiiine"

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:35

"I'm open to ideas. Because right now, all of mine are suicide." He glances at 'one', and mutters "Alright for some." Which elicits a sharp laugh in response

The door is answered by Katherine, a navigator, her third eye covered for the benefit of the crew. "Oh, hello Nick... and...." She looks at caiber. "You..." Its rather obvious from her expression, that her brief previous introductions to the xeno were by far not enough to make her unwary of him.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:38

"We cannot fight this here. And it will only get worse."

Caiber just smiles pleasantly

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:41

"Solid point, well presented. We need to draw them out, split them up, and take them one at a time."

Katherine: "Well Abby, lets go find something fun for you to do." she steps back out of the doorframe and gestures for her to come inside.

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:43

The missiles fire again.

She happily bounces in, almost skipping

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:49

Three: "Boss?"

Laurence: "Yeah?"

Three: "We're fucked."

Laurence: *looks over at her* "...Thanks for that."

Katherine watches abby skip by her, then looks at byrne, shrugs a little and goes inside after her, the door closing behind.

Byrne: "Lets go for a walk."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:52

"...."

Caiber: after you.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 00:55

Laurence: "I gotta make some calls."

Byrne sets off at a trim pace for the viewing gantry. As they walk, Caiber notices he's not wearing a glove over his augmetic hand, as he usually does.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 01:36

OOC: How far away is the warp storm? Does it surround the system or the Planet?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 12:18

OOC: Its brewing around the planet. (its mostly a narrative device to stop laurence teleporting all around the shop)
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 12:33

"Alert. Missiles impacting upon basilisk units."

He pays it no mind

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 13:05

"I could have guessed that..." In the bunker, the vox starts to ring.

Arriving at the viewing gantry, with nothing to look at, as the warp shutters are closed, its a dimly lit space, with just a few glow globes, but it is also quiet. "I apologise for bringing the girl. I should have thought."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 14:45

Lyanna: *sounding annoyed* yeeees?

Caiber: dont beat yourself up. Im not that fragile.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 14:51

+Its laurence. We've got issues.+

Byrne: "Of course... So, have you been keeping up with events?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 18:32

With a tremendous surge of energy the warp storm erupts, it’s already massive size growing further as realspace buckles against it. Caught in the eye of the storm is a truly gargantuan vessel, at 10km long and 4km wide it makes the iron warriors auspex light up like london on new years eve. Even their sorcerors can feel the warp lashing against the vessel, striking its gellar field with untold fury as it tries to obliterate the trapped ship.

With alarms blaring and the navigator suffering from a severe stroke, the vessels captain give the order to accelerate to flank speed as he tries to escape the warps vice-like grip. The hull moans and groans as it’s shields slowly fail, the warps crushing influence slowly grinding it down as if it were a rock caught against the waves.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 19:18

+I can hear that. *sighs* If you'd let me come out there I probably could have seen this coming.+

Caiber: somewhat

moments later, several ships from the iron warriors fleet move to engage

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 20:14

The ship immediately begins broadcasting an SOS as her hull buckles under the pressure. With a blinding flash of brilliant light the gellar field finally gives out and the ship visibly cracks as the warps tendrils slowly drag her back into the abyss. From her wounded hull now spill dozens of transport vessels, each one desperate to escape the inevitable demise of their carrier.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 22:58

+Put a pin in that.... Something's going down. A ship just jumped in.+

Byrne: "Hmn, i doubt you're invited to briefings."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 23:01

+Fantastic..,.+

Caiber: doesn't mean i'm not there. Just means they don't know I'm there.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-03, 23:53

+Right, so, yeah. We have a titan to deal with. And a lot of knights. I'm open to ideas right now.+

Byrne: "I assume the inquisitor is aware. being a Psyker and such."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-04, 18:58

"Right now, pull back. I'll explain when you're back here, but fighting that thing right now is hopeless."

Caiber: most likely. although, localised shadow in the warp and such, maybe not.

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-05, 05:21

Many are caught in the warps unshaking grasp, their hulls quickly torn apart by its vile touch. Thousands of men die in the minutes that follow as ship after ship is trapped, but few escape the immediate danger their captains obviously having the emperor’s favour as they weave through tendrils of unreality.
The four remaining transports now burn desperately toward the planet, eager to outrun their newfound foes and ferry their precious cargo to safety.

OOC: Just gonna add, if you two would prefer for me to wait and stop posting just say.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-06, 16:16

Laurence lingers for a few moments, before sighing. "Damn it i hate when she's right. Kane, hold down the fort here."

The man with IV emblazoned on his shoulder nods, and starts removing a cameloline cloak from his pack.

Laurence: "Lets move then."

Byrne: "Indeed, its possible. One could assume a certain level of trust. Given his apparent closeness with William."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 01:22

the ruststalker does indeed move

Caiber: spose so

*intercept craft are despatched towards the transports*

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:00

The four transports light up with activity as all manner of electronic warfare systems leap into action. The Interceptors see their auspex detect more and more ships as false readings mess with the sensors, onboard the dropships weapons crews are readied and power is routed to the two defensive turrets located either side of the bridge. All the while they are still accelerating toward the planet, hoping to lose the interceptors during re-entry.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:16

On the way back to the bunker, laurence is talking quickly on the vox, sending the fighters back up to screen the transports down.

Byrne: "Did he tell you anything before he left? William i mean"

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:22

the interceptors are soon revealed to be thunderhawks, escorted by xiphon fighters. the hawks swiftly open fire witht heir turbo lasers

Caiber: no

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:33

Soon enough, the bunker door unlocks, and trundles open, laurence is the last through, taking his mask off with one hand, and hooking it to his hip.

Byrne: "Frankly I'm not sure what he's doing."

On an intercept course, a motley formation of thunderbolts and lightnings hurtle towards the flotilla.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:41

Lyanna's stood there, an annoyed look on her face

Caiber: you think I do?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:49

Laurence: "Don't give me that shit, explain what you wanted to explain."

Byrne: "You spent more time with him than most."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 19:50

Lyanna: there are more titans. Killing that thing will accomplish close to nothing

Caiber: man's a fucking labyrinth in human form.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 20:01

Laurence: "So we... what? Let it rampage through our lines?"

Byrne: "As are most members of the inquisition, i have found."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime2018-12-07, 20:05

"or we waste our munitions killing it only for them to drop another one. By any chance did you see that ship in low orbit?"

Caiber: only met four. Technically five. killed two of them.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next