Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-09, 23:13

Sidonai: "And most of them are lying."

The man in the mask responds by calmly reaching into his coat, and pulling out an inquisitorial rosette. Holding it between thumb and forefinger at its base. The rosette itself is an unassuming object, bone white, with a silver skull and wreath.

Byrne: "Yes the mechanicum are... like that."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-09, 23:14

Lyanna: you've not met some of our sorcerers. They could crack the likes of you open like an egg. None of your kind could hide anything from them.

Atreus: We are aware of who you are, agent. If we were not, we would not be here. Your authority is no reason to not show the proper piety and respect.

Caiber: *sighs* We thought we were fighting for liberty. For freedom.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-09, 23:17

Sidonai: "And my dear William could do the same to them. You understand why i stay here."

He tucks the icon back into his coat with a deft movement. "It is a rather good reason for me not to be disturbed, however. I am rather busy."

Byrne: "I am afraid there is no such thing as freedom in this world."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-09, 23:33

she raises an eyebrow

Atreus: *gestures to the titan in the distance, still firing as they speak* The legions of hell descend upon us, unleashing false gods of machine and metal to bring ruin upon our cities and our people, and you ask what my reason is?

Caiber: yeah...I know

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-09, 23:38

Sidonai smiles victoriously

"Disturbing me from solving that problem, apparently."

Byrne: "A depressing truth, but also a liberating one"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-09, 23:53

she sighs and gives up on the daemon

the larger man, who laurence notices that even he finds mildly terrifying, speaks up
"Aye, yer doin a bang up fuckin job o that aint ye?"

Caiber: how?

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 00:28

The craft glides lazily through the upper atmosphere, constantly pinging the surface in search of friendly forces. Inside her great hull lies hundreds of men, each one preparing for battle. Officers are briefed, and engineers provide last minute maintenance checks on each vehicle stashed inside the transport. Man and woman alike are hard at work, preparing themselves for the inevitable.

The only other surviving transport screams toward the ground, her armoured hull spewing fire from the helldrakes assault. Even as she dives the surviving occupants prepare for war, an armoured company, protected from the warpfire by the corpses and hulls of their comrades are all that remains.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 00:53

Tyren: "Why William would maintain such a creature... It is confusing."

Laurence: "To win this futile argument i would have to divulge inquisition secrets. Tempting, but no."

Byrne: "We all have our duties, once we accept that... well. Acceptance is a sort of freedom."

The landscape, which opens up before them is a blasted, glacial wasteland. The peaks of mountains breach the ice in places, and great crevasses yawn wide, immense cracks which could swallow both transports without trace.

To the west, a flame burns brightly, the distance away it is, it must be a dozen feet tall at least. Beneath it, the vast tangle of pipes and girders of a promethium rig sits, sunk into the ice.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 05:31

A mere 2 kilometres from the ground the burning transport activates its landing rockets, great plumes of fire erupt from her hull, forcing the nose up as she slams into the ice. Her engines are obliterated by the impact and her nose impacts the ground soon after. Whoever had survived the helldrake’s assault was most certainly dead now.

Turning westward the untouched transport slowly descends, her landing rockets blazing periodically as she accelerates. It takes a long while but eventually she touches down amongst the rigs, her adamantine hull pocked with shallow holes from a century of service. Almost instantly her maw opens up and a tide of vehicles stream forth, autocannon armed chimera immediately split off and scout their surroundings while Leman Russ Tanks, Malcadors, and a pair of basilisk artillery pieces form up outside the transport. They are soon followed by hundreds of infantrymen who immediately begin to entrench their landing site, pickaxes and drills chew into the ice. Their wielders building a deep trench network to protect themselves.

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2019-01-01, 22:58; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 05:34

Dropship:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2018-12-12, 17:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 17:05

it is evident from the skies above the 'landing sights' of these two craft, that the heldrakes have not yet given up the chase....

the large man flashes a grin that even laurence finds disturbing
Atreus: Inquisitor, are you familiar with the Frateris Protocol?

Caiber: ...*sighs* Sometimes I miss my ignorance.

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 17:10

Lyanna: the beasts of the immaterium have their uses. They're also notoriously arrogant when it comes to comparing us to we 'mortals'.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 18:52

Sidonai: "And why should we not? You are fleeting creatures... even you and your..." She turns her head to look at tyren running her tongue across her upper lip suggestively.

Laurence: "No, however, i assume it pertains to the Frateris Templar, by your inflection, either it's disbanding or its potential reorganisation, am I mistaken?" The end of the sentence is devoid of question, his voice growing deeper, rather than rising.

Byrne: "To work alongside the inquisition, is to eschew blissful ignorance."

From the direction of the promethium rig, carried on the wind, is the sound of a growling engine, accompanied by a plume of snow, thrown into the air.

Last edited by Captain Raeven on 2018-12-10, 19:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 19:03

Lyanna: Simple. *her eyes seemingly go red* It means that when your true demise finally comes, you fear it all the more.

Atreus: No. Quite simply, worlds such as this with temples to his holiness more ancient than the reign of the traitor Vandire *spits* have, through pacts most sacred, a protocol in which they can form a Frateris Militia, should the world come under threat, from the planet's populace. However, due to the decrees that came with the end of the age of apostasy, a man of my position can no longer be the one to enact such a protocol, merely command the militia once it has been enacted. *he frowns* I had come to see if you were simply ignorant of the protocol, or were refusing to enact it deliberately.

Caiber: ...Do you ever wonder what would happen if your god proved false?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 19:16

Sidonai: "I am not afraid of you. Your metal abominations aren't here."

Laurence: "I have formed militias already. With the Pdf. I don't see a reason to add yet another layer to the command structure. Least of all your blessed self."

Byrne: "No... I have not. But, i would assume, denial, first and foremost, then the ecclesiarchy would likely collapse upon itself, the administratum would seize yet more power... It would be turbulent."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 19:30

Lyanna: I never said I need them.

Edwards: Aye, and a bang up fuckin job yer doin wi' them aint ye? Bet that titan crew's shittin emselves so hard the machine spirit's passed out from the stench! *maniacal laugh*

Caiber: and if instead, your god came for you, and killed everyone you've ever known?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 19:36

Sidonai: "I'm unsure how much force William would consider acceptable to subdue you. So i promise to be gentle."

Laurence: "And fanatics armed with table legs will deal with that titan will they?"

Byrne: "Everyone would bow and chant praise, and i'd be written down as a vile heretic. Most likely." he takes a puff of the cigar, quite casually.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 19:47

Lyanna: oh you have no idea do you....

Edwards: oh they'd have a lil better than that!
Atreus: quite. there is an armoury within the ecclesiarchal temple for this specific purpose. It can only be opened by the enacting of the protocol.

Caiber: you...misunderstand. More than everyone you've ever known. Your entire society.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 20:40

The telekine, Katrina, pulls a single silver needle, one of many, from her vambrace. Lifting it into the air, hovering above her outstretched index finger menacingly. "Enough... Both of you."

Laurence: "Unless you have a shadowsword..."

Byrne: "Then we'd all die... and we would have been wrong. There's nothing we could do about it."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 20:41

Lyanna: unless that thing has a tungsten core you're wasting your time.

Edwards: *cackles* Maybe we do, who knows!

Caiber: that's what I survived.

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 20:50

The newly released armour companies set to engaging the inbound helldrakes, and at a range of 7km their cannons let out a deafening roar. Armour piercing shells travelling in Excess of 2000m/s slam into the Helldrakes hulls, the lead craft practically evaporating in a great shower of metal.
Those which survive the initial salvo are set upon by an ever increasing fusilade of fire, at 5km the defensive naval lascannons open fire, scorching the sky with radiant bursts of light.

Those flying toward the crashed dropship have a much simpler time of things, the few surviving men and tanks have yet to leave the hold. Trapped in a mass grave of their kin.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 21:19

Katrina: "Try adamantium."

Laurence shrugs. "Fuck it. I'll sign off. But you obey the command structure."

Byrne: "That is indeed rather impressive."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 22:11

Lyanna: *chuckles* oh fun, acupuncture.

Atreus: the militia is beholden unto me and me alone...but of course, your authority is unquestioned.

Caiber: yeah... that's one way of looking at it.

the heldrakes prove much harder to put down than anticipated. Far too fast and agile for anything save dedicated AA fire to get a bead on them, and those that are hit seemingly continue onwards unhindered

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 22:21

As they draw closer more and more weapons open up, laser fire blankets the sky, and numerous explosions line their approach as shell after shell connects. The Centaur artillery carriers and the Minotaur retreat into the transport before it closes its great maw, protecting their vulnerable weapons from the incoming Helldrakes. Almost a thousand infantrymen join the ‘fight’ bringing their weapons to the forefront as the company tries desperately to fell the beasts.

Of course even if they hit the flier, it’s toughness 7, 8 wound, 3+/5++, statline makes a single helldrake quite the enemy, it’s regenerative factor combined with the sheer number of them means that only a pair will take any noticeable damage before they can assault their grounded foes.

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2019-01-01, 00:34; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-10, 23:24

Katrina: "I'll hit something important sooner or later."

Laurence: ".... If you fuck with me, you'll be the first to die"

Byrne: "What other ways are there?"

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-11, 11:27

Lyanna: maybe.

Edwards: is that a threat? *laughing* threatenin a high ecclesiarch is a sin, ma'boy.

Caiber: tragic. Cowardly.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-11, 20:24

Tyren: [Perhaps... violence is not required...] he intones in his usual tone, distorted by the archaic vox caster and without intonation.

Laurence raises an eyebrow behind the mask. "As is speaking out of turn to an inquisitor. Can your high Ecclesiarch not speak for himself?"

Byrne: "Cowardice, or the better part of valour?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-11, 21:08

Lyanna: perhaps not...

Edwards: *takes a step forwards* Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Emperor with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Caiber: Depends on your perspective...I abandoned my people to their demise, Byrne.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-11, 23:28

Sidonai settles back down, sitting on her heels, still smiling, and Katrina slides the needle back into her vambrace, and sits down.

"And observe what the Lord your Emperor requires: that you walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go... I can quote scripture as well, priest. But the time for passages is not now."

Byrne: "And to what end would you have stayed? To die alongside them?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-11, 23:54

Sidonai gets a slighty unsettling feeling suddenly

Atreus: quite... I beleive it would be best, so we may properly coordinate, that i leave a liaison in your service, inquisitor.

Caiber: maybe. maybe that'd have been better.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:08

She powers hear head a little, looking around somewhat cautiously.

Laurence: "And i could guess who that would be..."

Byrne: "You would have been unable to start repaying your debt."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:20

Edwards grins psychopathically

Caiber: so? I would have died not seeing my daughter tortured.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:34

Laurence: "I think we'll get along like a house on fire."

Byrne: "You could live to stop others of your kind suffering the same."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:36

Edwards: aye, one we started

Caiber: they cant.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:41

Laurence: "Then its settled, raise your army of the faithful, and take them to Littorum." *that being the second city, currently not under seige.*

Byrne simply looks mildly confused.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:45

Atreus: as you wish.

Caiber: beyond the broodmind's zealous hold on them, your kind, no offence intended, would exterminate them.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 00:57

Laurence: "Come then, priest."

Sidonai suddenly perks to attention, as if she heard something, and gets up, moving quickly towards the door further down into the complex.

Byrne: "If you're proven, as you are, to be useful to the inquisiton..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 18:12

Edwards follows, still grinning

Caiber: and my entire race can do that can they?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 19:14

Laurence: "Whats your name then, priest?"

Byrne: "Perhaps some of them."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 22:44

Edwards: they call me father Edwards *he chuckles* and yer fine self?

Caiber: and the rest?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 23:08

Laurence: "William Laurence, among other things."

Byrne: "The Tyranid invasion must be halted, at any and all cost."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 23:19

Edwards: got a few nicknames do ye?

Caiber: exactly.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 23:21

Laurence: "More than a few, though none of them are polite." They come to the side door which laurence and his growing goon squad used to appear around the side, giving a view of the cliff balcony, the small metal table, where he and Lyanna shared the conversation to save the planet the first time.

Byrne: "But a few may survive thanks to you."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-12, 23:43

Edwards: *chuckles* Aye, I know that feelin

Caiber: and the rest genocided merely for what they are.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-13, 00:05

Laurence opens the door for Father Edwards, and gestures inside. "Leave a few alive to spread the word, and they come up with all sorts of nasty names for you."

Byrne: "An unfortunate necessity, but preferable to the alternative."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-13, 00:12

Edwards: *chuckles* Sinners will be given no quarter. Kill them all, and let the emperor sort them out.

Caiber: there's no hope for my kind Byrne.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-13, 00:51

Laurence: "Welcome to the Ordo Hereticus, you'll fit right in."

Byrne: "Then the best we can hope for, is to prevent them. Stop good people from being corrupted by the xenos."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-13, 01:14

He cackles "Am sure I will"

Caiber: forgive me if I don't find that prospect enthralling

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-13, 01:35

They begin descending the stairs, Laurence first, followed by Edwards presumably, then the rest of the goon squad.

Byrne: "Purges aren't usually pleasant things."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-14, 00:20

Laurence notes he cannot exactly 'read' Edwards, save for the psychopathic grin

Caiber: I know. They tried to purge us. Three times.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2018-12-14, 00:52

Laurence: "Do try to be polite to my acolytes, Father."

Byrne: "That they failed is a testament."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: RP stuff :: Warhammer 40k...ish... RP-
Jump to: