Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-09, 02:52

Byrne: "Hmn. The inquisitor von carstein is indeed radical."

Lucy finishes, and gets up, taking her plates and such back to the staff

"Um... I also... did want to ask you something else."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-09, 02:53

Caiber: precisely.

once he has finished, wilhelm does the same

Lyanna: go on.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-09, 03:06

Byrne: "This doesn't change my opinion."

"You are... well acquainted with William?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 22:32

Caiber shrugs

Lyanna: more than I'd like.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 22:53

Byrne: "I'll ask the inquisitor for my leave, at the soonest opportunity."

She slumps a little to that, sagging in the shoulder, and lowering her head. "Oh... Well, i am sorry i bothered you."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 23:07

Caiber: I doubt you'll get it any time soon. That opportunity won't come for a while.

Lyanna: speak your mind.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 23:45

Byrne: "Even so. My mind is made."

She pales under Lyanna's gaze, shy, and suddenly looking very young. "What... kind of man... would you say he is?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-03, 23:43

Caiber pauses for a moment

Lyanna pauses. she gets down on one knee, making the two more at eye level. "I'm not that scary am I?"

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-05, 23:14

Byrne: “The girl deserves more than our lot.”

She looks into lyanna’s eyes, as if studying her. “I don’t know you.”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-05, 23:54

Caiber: everyone on this ship does. Galaxy isn't like that.

Lyanna: I don't know you. Doesn't mean I fear you.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-05, 23:59

Byrne: "I have influence enough to manage a proper upbringing for the girl."

"You have no reason to fear me."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-08, 00:11

Caiber: if I may ask, what exactly is 'proper' about it?

Lyanna: what makes you say that?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-08, 17:39

Byrne: “A proper education, children of her own age to play together with, a safe home with solid ground beneath her feet. A warship is no place for a child.”

“You aren’t a psyker.” She looks curiously at lyanna, as if her question was stupid.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-08, 22:10

Caiber: after what she's seen, think she'll be able to fit in?

Lyanna: say the right few words to that priest and i'll be dead within the day. I've got every reason to fear almost everyone here.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:06

Byrne: "We shall see."

"I wouldn't betray William like that." She sounds a little offended, though all her emotional queues seem rather dulled, a common trait among the pariahs.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:47

Caiber: maybe.

Lyanna: and you think I would by hurting you?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:56

Byrne: "Indeed. Besides that of course, my own retirement awaits."

"Perhaps. You are not overly attached to him."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:19

Caiber: retirement? I am not familiar.

Lyanna: I owe him my life at this point.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:27

Byrne looks at him strangely "You are... not familar?"

".... so you would not betray him to your own allies?"

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:39

Caiber: with the word.

Lyanna: allies?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:57

Byrne: "Well, ah... I have a dictionary here somewhere." He stands, and goes to his shelf, and picks out a weighty tome. he flips through the pages, until he finds it. "The action of leaving ones job, and ceasing to work, usually in the case of old age."

"You were a general in the iron warriors legion, were you not? You owe them no allegiance?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:58

Caiber:...I have never known someone do that.

Lyanna:...not anymore.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 01:00

Byrne: "You grew up on a mechanicus world, then came to the inquisition. Two places it doesn't happen."

"Did they betray you?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 01:03

Caiber:. I...was not aware of the concept.

Lyanna: It's...complicated.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 01:06

Byrne: "There comes a point when you're simply too old. And some employers, don't just shoot you at that point."

"I see... So you trust William, then?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 01:08

Caiber: always thought I'd die in battle long before that.

Lyanna: he's yet to do me wrong. I don't trust his judgement all the time, but I trust his intent.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 01:11

Byrne: "Well, you're in the right place to do it. The inquisiton has a high turnover."

"That is... heartening."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-04-21, 15:53

William's personal rooms in the house proper, are an exercise in opulence. Fair silks and fine woods, furniture inlaid with precious metals. Behind a bed he has never slept in, a great tapestry is hung, depictiong the Emperor victorious. His armour and flowing hair picked out in thread of real gold. In his upraised clawed hand, Terra sits in his palm. A world Willaim visited once, a long time ago.

He sits at the huge writing desk. A slab of native wood, dark, almost black timber. Inlaid in its surface, in a pale, golden wood, a mighty aquilla, its wings spread wide. Limp in William's hand, is a pen. He holds its tip, dripping over an inkpot, the blank page before him taunts.

He is lost in thought, his mind in another place. When his attention returns, he looks down at the page, sighs a little, and makes the first strokes upon the page.

Caiber

He looks to his side, to the number of envelopes, letters already written inside, crisp seals of red wax, pressed with the seal of the inquisition, adressed to all those he could think of words for. Charles, Hera, Jax & Serah, John. Formal affairs most of them. Frank in their words, some containing kindnesses, others simple advice, a few, a gift.

He sighs again, and begins to write.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-06, 00:47

Caiber doesn't reply

Lyanna: that was...unconvincing

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 23:34

Byrne: "But William seems soft on you. You might make it."

"I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:38

Caiber: that implies I want to.

Lyanna: don't be. It's hard to be sincerely brave right now.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:40

Byrne: "Your life belongs to the emperor now. That isn't your choice to make."

"William won't fail us. He never has."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:47

Caiber: Just because he's your emperor doesn't make him mine.

Lyanna: How many wars have you fought?

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:51

Byrne: "You are part of the inquisition now. It is his, and you are it's."

"We took a part in the last war."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:52

Caiber: I don't serve any god or emperor. I serve the people I care about.

Lyanna: trust me girl. The slight, niggling fear in the back of your head? It never goes away, no matter how may wars you survive.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:56

Byrne: "That will have to do."

"I trust William." She has her fingers woven together, and isn't making eye contact, looking down at the floor. "He hasn't failed before, why would he now?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:57

Caiber doesn't reply

Lyanna: I didn't say he would.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:01

Byrne: "We all have our reasons. So long as duty is done, it doesn't matter." He presses down on his knees, rising to his feet. "I'm going to walk the bridge before i pick up the girl from Katherine."

"Then why be afraid? If everything will turn out well?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:07

Caiber silently stands and follows after him

Lyanna: because your side winning and everything turning out well aren't the same thing.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:11

Byrne clasps his hands gently behind his back, and walks slowly towards the bridge.

She appears to be considering this, when she is interrupted by a metallic grating, echoing from the bunker's central chamber. She turns, and heads for the door, a laspistol produced from the skirts of her dress.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:13

Caiber follows behind. "You're certain about this"

Lyanna, curious, follows after the girl

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:15

Byrne: "About what?"

She opens the door, and within the main chamber, the Construct introduced to Lyanna by William, what seems like so very long ago, has forced the door to the lower chambers open, and is stood in the frame, regarding his surroundings with those cold green eyes
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:21

Caiber: leaving.

Lyanna pauses before stepping towards it.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 01:30

Byrne: "Yes."

It steps fully into the room, releasing its grip upon the door, allowing the hydraulics to slam it shut behind him with a deafening screech of steel.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-24, 21:42

Caiber doesn't answer

Lyanna frowns, but doesn't react

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-24, 22:10

Byrne: "Retirement was creeping upon me in any case."

The palid flesh of its face is wet with some disgusting fluid, a preservative, to halt the decay of its millenia old flesh. Cuts in the gray flesh hang open, unbleeding, as if the creature were nothing but skin, all the way through. Its glowing emerald gaze turns towards lyanna.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-24, 22:17

Caiber takes a moment before he replies.
"I wonder if I get old."

she doesn't move a muscle, not showing an ounce of fear on her face. She's seen worse.Much, much worse.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-24, 22:23

Byrne: "I wouldn't be able to guess."

[I SAID. THAT WE WOULD SPEAK MORE.] The creature's voice is, as last she heard it, painful to the ears.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:29

Caiber: Suppose I'll find out. Eventually.

Lyanna: Alright. Speak.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:43

Byrne: "Most likely." He nods to the guard at the bridge door, and they're allowed inside. The blast shutters are down over the viewing windows, as they're in the warp, and the bridge crew is skeletal.

{"I HAVE GROWN TIRED OF ONCE BORN. PROMISES SHOULD BE KEPT."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:51

Caiber: maybe I won't. Maybe I'll outlive you all. End up alone once more.

Lyanna: I made no promises.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next