Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-14, 00:52

Laurence: "Do try to be polite to my acolytes, Father."

Byrne: "That they failed is a testament."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-14, 01:13

Edwards: aye, don't worry. I'll be gentle.

Caiber: aye... A lot of your... 'astartes' fell to my blade.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-14, 01:18

Laurence: "More for your sake than theirs. One of them has a cannon."

Byrne: "As there are some aboard this very ship, i would keep that close to your chest."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-14, 05:25

Proper post is on page 3.

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2018-12-28, 23:56; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-18, 13:05

Mac has made his way back to the small cargo bay that the Legion has claimed for itself, crutch-less, and limping more than he's proud of. He slaps his hand into the controls for the newly acquired door, eliciting a whine from the hydraulics, and a half foot of movement apart. He hits the button a few more times for good measure, before the door is forced open from the other side. The grinning face of mute, the Legion's thoughtfully named tongueless giant, appears in the gap between the two slabs of plasteel. Putting his back to one, and a foot to the other, the musclebound heavy weapons trooper widens the gap to the point Mac can easily walk though, suppressing his limp to the best of his ability. It wouldn't do to look weak in front of men like these.

From the girders in the ceiling, a pair of strange 'emplacements' as best they could be described, hang. What appear to be tangled messes of camo netting, sandbags, and flakboard, one in either far corner of the room, are in fact bandit's haunts. Barrels poke from both of his nests, one being a length of pipe, the other a long las. And without watching him get up there, even mac couldn't tell which is which today.

Mute, for his part, wanders back over to tend to his heavy stubber. Though succeeded by the extraordinary gift he received from the astartes aboard, a jenny haniver creation of a heavy bolter and heavy flamer, the man continues to fawn over his old weapon of choice. Since being aboard the inquisitors ship, the legion had shown its usual flare for 'appropriating' equipment, and Mute had quickly gained a full complement of spare barrels, and more ammunition than he could care to fire.

Speaking of kleptomaniacs, Hakken, the most despicable of present company, the entire ship, included, had three sets of the legion's power armour on their chests, with the backpacks removed, and various panels removed. And more interestingly, a wide variety of 'Pharmaceuticals' arrayed around himself, in such volume that appears to encompass an entire medicae office's stock. Kneeling amongst the mess, he's being watched by lucy, who is stood watching, presumably ensuring her armour is stocked with at least some genuine medical products, and not just combat drugs.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:12

there is a clanging series of footsteps approaching the room
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:15

A few hands drop to weapons, but, in a surprising show of progress, only bandit actually aims one at the door, a slight twitch of the barrel indicating his suspicion.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:16

At which point the familiar, beautifally crafted and intricate overlapping plates of Anne's plate carapace armour, become visible as the crusader enters the doorway
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:19

Meanwhile, Hera walks into the armoury in her usual regalia, returning practice weapons to the place. Interesting in as much, that she had obviously not trained with her own men.

Mac turns stiffly on his heel, and the barrel of bandit's rifle does not follow her. "Ah, Anne, always a pleasure."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:24

She notices an armoured and trenchcoated figure in the corner, doing something she can't quite make out. He hasn't noticed her yet.

Anne: Mac *smiles* How's your leg?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:30

Hera returns her equipment, a blunt sabre and padded tunic, and walks slowly towards the man, hands clasped loosely behind her back.

Mac: "Ah, not so bad. Usable."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:34

the man, hearing the footsteps, glances back over his shoulder, revealing the white skull visage over his rebreather. Seeing the inquisitor, he immediately spins on his heel and snaps to attention, saluting hera.

Anne: *chuckles* I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:48

Hera nods politely to his salute, and suppresses her surprise. "At ease."

Mac: "And yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:49

"Yes ma'am"

Anne: wouldn't be up and about if I didn't feel better.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:57

Hera: "I was only curious as to what you were doing, huddled in the corner."

Mac: "you say that, but you were all for leaping out of your cot with bits still hanging off."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 00:59

"...cleaning an heirloom...ma'am"

she smiles warmly "I'm not one to let a little thing like dismemberment get me down"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:11

She nods again, "Very good, Carry on."

Mac smirks in response. "You'll end up like that father of Hera's the way you carry on."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:25

she catches a glimpse of what he was cleaning... it appears to be a metal skull shaped helmet, with a very distinct look to it

Anne: Not yet I won't.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:29

She glimpses it as she turns, then turns slowly back. "Say... That looks rather like a traitor's helmet."

Mac: "Guns exist, thats all im sayin."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:30

"It is, ma'am. Heretic Enforcer's helmet. My father tore it from its owner's corpse at vraks."

Anne: don't do much good against my storm shield.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:35

"A good memento. Let it be a reminder of duty."

Mac: "Don't stop you gettin shot in the back though, does it?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:36

he nods
"It always is ma'am. He was in the 9th infantry company, part of the force who was able to break through the first enemy line."

Anne: armour helps there.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 01:52

"Quite a scrap, or so I've heard it told."

Mac: "Lasguns, sure, but the kind of shit we see nowadays?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 15:39

"It was. The owner of this helmet took my father's arm."

Anne: It's kept me alive so far.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-28, 23:50

"Ah, good soldier. Nothing so honourable as to risk life and limb for the emperor."

Mac: "We're going against astartes again next though, i don't rate carapace against bolters."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 01:40

"One thing is more honourable, ma'am"

Anne: I do.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 01:54

"It is better to live, and continue to fight for the emperor. I want every man under my command to die of old age, with a dozen medals."

Mac: "Mad as a bag of hammers, you are."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 03:09

"If I do not die in battle, then I did not risk my life enough."

anne smirks at that
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 23:32

"Kill for the emperor, and live so you might kill again. Dying is a waste of the emperors gift of life to you. I shan't hear such defeatist talk in face of the enemy again."

Mac: "Anyway, I assume you're looking for jack, right?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 23:33

the kreiger is silent, but he salutes

Anne: that and I had nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 23:45

"It must be a shock to you, the difference in culture. But we have far too few men here to spend them. Each man must account for a dozen of the enemy, and return alive if it can be managed."

Mac: "Well, sad to dissapoint on both accounts, but I've no clue where the man is, and we've got pretty much bigger all to do ourselves. Sat about cooling our heels till this beast drops from warp"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 23:47

he pauses, then, after seeming to take a deep breath for the sake of his confidence, he speaks
"Do you know what this skull I wear means ma'am?"

Anne: ah.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 23:55

"That you are a dead man walking, I know the stories."

Mac: "Yeah, well.." he turns half about to yell over his shoulder "Hakken come tell the damn story again."

Hakken rises from his work, and walks over, he's taller than mac, and more heavily muscled and scared. He sniffs as he begins the recount. "Well after he'd done killing all the xenos in the bloody place, he dragged out you two, saw ye to the chop shop, then buggered off. Left armour in the middle of floor. Probly in the vents again if you's askin me."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-29, 23:57

"I am already dead ma'am. I made peace with that fact long ago."

Anne: that...yeah that sounds like him.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 00:01

"As was I. But I have found new purpose. A penal legion, is more damned a service than even yours."

Hakken: "Man likes vents" he shrugs noncommittaly

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 00:02

"I cannot shirk my duty ma'am. Even if I wanted to. I am of kreig. To die in battle is the only reason I was born."

Anne: yeah... he does.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 00:09

"As is every man and woman of the guard. I don't doubt that this duty will see each of my men spent in time, and myself. But to resign oneself to it, that is not the way I have it."

Mac steps a little closer, and lowers his voice. "Rumours spread quick around a ship, it's pretty common known."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 00:13

"you are asking me to be something counter to who I am. To the ideals that killed my sister, my father, his father before him. To the ideals and edicts of Jurten himself, the only things that can bring our people from the darkness and the blackest sin that is our existence."

OOC I do not know what mac means
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 00:17

"Then I shan't ask you to believe it. Only keep your thoughts to yourself, obey orders, and take a billet out of the way of the other men. Talk like that will flag morale quicker than any traitor attack could."

Mac rolls his eyes somewhat "You and jack... that you... yknow."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 00:26

he pauses for a moment.
"Thankyou ma'am."

Anne:...oh.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 14:16

"Where are you billeted at present?"

Mac: "Yeah. I assume that's why he's actin all weird."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-30, 15:21

"I am not, ma'am."

Anne: that would...figure
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-31, 18:44

"You aren't billeted? Where have you been sleeping?"

Mac: "Askin for his sake, an, as his commander I suppose. Do you reckon he'll be alright soon? We never seen him like this"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-31, 19:00

"Wherever I can find space ma'am"

Anne: I... honestly don't know.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-31, 19:05

"Right. Follow me soldier."

Mac: "Well shit. He'll come down to fight I reckon at least."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-31, 19:06

he grabs his weapon and salutes again

Anne: sorry.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-31, 19:09

"We shall find you a bunk."

Mac: "eh, we'll manage."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2018-12-31, 19:11

he follows, silently

Anne doesn't reply, unease written all over her face.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-01-01, 19:22

"It is absurd in the extreme, having a listed man sleeping in doorways when we have bunks aplenty." She says as she walks down the corridor

Mac: "I'll tell him you came by, when he shows."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-01-01, 19:24

"I was not assigned a bunk, ma'am. Therefore I could not take one."

Anne: thanks mac.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-01-01, 19:25

back on the planet's surface, the majority of the heldrakes abandon their harrying of the crashed ship, heading towards the city instead, while a small flock remain high above, simply observing the wreckage for now...

meanwhile Laurence is informed of not only the incoming heldrakes, but other strike craft such as fire raptors and hell talons, with heavy fighter escort, descending directly towards not only the lines but the artillery positions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next