Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

arken, in here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 20:47

Reply when here
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 20:48

Okay...so...what is it? Is there a problem?
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 20:49

Yes. You.
What is this about not RPing the consortium because you created the perfect OP faction?!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 20:51

Okay, I've been running away from this for awhile, I'll admit that and it's time to face it. I don't want to RP them anymore. I destroyed a good RP through them and I view them as my greatest failure as a roleplayer. Hell, you may have heard about my ME custom faction? I've been thinking of retconing them because I don't want a Consortium redux even after all the steps I've taken to prevent that. Look, I'm sorry. I should have just faced this sooner.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:04

I read most of it, though i dont remember it now. I do remember that i too, noticed the similarities between it and the consortium. However, i am kinda good at making cinical asshole connections...
Now, your faction is many things, including idealistic idiocy in a universe of eternal carnage and slaughter, a major break of lore, our first major deviation from lore, and a metric shitton of other things.
But it is not a mistake. Without it, the RP would have started stagnating months before it did with it. Allowing the consortium into the RP was an exemplary action, which allowed further deviation from a, by then, highly limited supply of base material. View it as such: lore w40k is 5 movies. We have been watching those 5 for months, and our brains were committing suicide, neuron by neuron. Then you brought a 6th movie... Whats more, you showed that there are more movies out there.
As for them being "mary sue"s... Seriously? A faction of capitalists, united by the fear of the imperium, divided by civil war, consisting mostly of prejudicial, racist, transhumanphobic assholes, is mary sueing?
You didnt notice the super advanced biomech race in the galaxy that as far as we know, is perfectly united, and helps those in dire need? Or the warp demons who united to fight against chaos? Or the guy who frees a slave race and forgives the guy who killed the love of his life? Seriously? -.-
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:10

1) I noticed all that but the difference was they didn't have as great an effect on the galaxy at large as the Consortium did, and frankly, they just didn't fit 40k. They just didn't. And they were united by the Five and a revolt against a Chaos Lord well before they encountered the Imperium. Still, they just didn't fit. Period. I screwed up so much with them and I never intended for them to get so powerful. They were meant to be able to win and lose, not just curbstomp all the canon factions.

2) That ME faction...well, yeah, I'll admit in someways there are similarities (like their motto) but that's kind of where it ends. The Consortium never used POWs as target practice or test subjects for one thing...but it's fear of another Consortium that is urging me to retcon these guys...
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:20

What, you think i intended to bring varden into the galaxy? The only reason they didnt have an impact, is because even a nerfed version would pawn all of it!
I wanted a single grunt to roam the galaxy in search of a way home, and observing the factions from an outsiders view. Instead, i ended up with an emotionally afflicted lump of junk with a family and "friends", plus an army in the galaxy!
Ever heard the saying "No plan survives first contact with the enemy"? Its true as fuck. Things dont turn out as expected, even in simple systems, not to mention compkex human interactions!
Or are you haunted by your mistake? Well, man up and deal with it! You think youre the only one? I cant even begin to count the mistakes i made, that whenever surface from the depths of my memories, make me feel the urge to headbutt a wall with full force to make them sink again!
You know what your real mistake is? You keep blaming yourself for everything, and then dwelling on things you shouldnt even be concerned about!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:27

Although I agree with the quote you used, you actually did a good job of keeping the Varden in check. I failed to do even that for the Consortium and they grew out of control. I did to damn much with them and frankly, my failure with them has drained my will to do anything with a 40k RP because I'm so afraid of pulling another Consortium! Hell! I may just jump into the ME RP and declare that I've retconned the Protectorate so that they don't become another Consortium (and yes, I've taken a lot of steps to prevent that! Hannibal would be right at home in 40k given his actions...). I've been drained of motivation to RP as them because they got out of hand and I pulled a Matt Ward with them.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:42

Oh, ffs... I lost connevtion just as i hit send and now i have to retype it...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:42

I've had that happen before.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:48

Okay, i give up.
You know what the main difference between us is?
When i try something, i carefully consider everything i can think of until even i can barely find flaws in it. Then i try it. Sure, it often comes crashing down on me, but i get up, try to figure out what the problem was, and try again, and again, often making the same mistakes. Eventually, i usually perfect it to acceptible levels.
When you try something, you also carefully consider it, perhaps even more so than i do(dunno. I dont see into your mind). Then you try it. It either works and youre happy, or it comes crashing down, and you give up trying because youre afraid of making the same mistakes. Well newsflash: few things can be done perfectly the first time...
So dig your sorry ass out from the rubble and try again until you succeed, or realise that its a stillborn idea(which the consortium isnt)

Im out of logical arguments, so im done...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:54

Actually, if something doesn't work I try to find ways to make it work so we're alike in that sense. But you're not seeing this from my point of view. I've tried to make the Consortium work and I can't. They're overpowered, they're broken, and I'm done with them. When I build lore, when I build anything, I carefully consider the flaws, do what I can to minimize them, and then learn from my mistakes. I didn't have the skill or wisdom I do now when I made the Consortium. Believe me, if you looked at the stuff I write you would see a major difference between what I write now and the overpowered crap that is the Consortium. My "sorry ass" is out of the rubble, and I'm leaving the Consortium in there.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 21:57

Great. So now we cant do jackshit with tex and the rest. You just killed off the entire plotline.
Tell me, what did i do when i realised that the varden are too op to rp at large...?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:05

You nerfed them....Ah hell. Okay, maybe I jumped the gun with declaring the Consortium a horribly broken piece of crap that I can't possibly fix...but I don't know how to nerf them. I really, honest to God don't know. This is why I'm not motivated to RP as them. I don't have a clue how to fix them. Look, I'm truly sorry if I've pissed you off but I don't know what to do with them or how to fix them. The SHODAN plot was going to be an attempt to cut them down to size but it kept getting hijacked and otherwise maligned that it never got the chance to get there. Look, I'll try to think of something but this is not your Frankenstein...On the other hand, Victor died at the end of that story so that may not be a good analogy/metaphor.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:18

It wasnt just a simple nerf. It was a major rework of their lore.
Say that they only preserved parts of the tech age knowledge so their guns are not so much superior. Or that they have "city states" so they are rarely fully united and truly strong. Or that they have only a small standing army, and most of it is just auxilliarry troops. That the general populance is pacifist, thus hindering your armies with rules of humanity and shit. That your ships design is inefficient due to aesthetic reasons. I could spew such ideas forth for a long time, if i wasnt typing on my phone...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:21

I'll take this all into consideration. I will.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:24

Good.
/Drill seargant mode engaged/
NOW 100 LAPS AROUND THE CAMP, ON YOUR HANDS THAT ARE TIED TOGETHER, AND SHOOTING AT LIVE TARGETS WITH YOUR RIFLE BETWEEN YOUR LEGS! ON THE DOUBLE!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:25

That's....um....Not physically possible....
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:27

WHAT WAS THAT, SCRUB?!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:32

That what you want is not physically possible.......It's like asking an Ork to do basic arithmetic...and this was a very sudden mood swing in regards to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:35

/Does one lap, then shove the rifle into your hands/
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:39

You....just broke the laws of reality....*Cthullu-esque creatures everywhere.*
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:41

Fething scrubs... 100 LAPS FOR EVERYONE!
/The creatures obey at once/
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:43

I'm going to back away slowly into a stable dimension...
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:47

Aaaaand, imma sleep now... I assume i shouldnt expect to do the return of the mechs tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:49

Probably not. I have to really think about how to fix the Consortium.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:53

Right...
Goodbye and thanks for all the fish,
Too bad it had to come to this
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime2014-05-16, 22:57

Um...Okay? And does the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy quote really fit here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

arken, in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: arken, in here   arken, in here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arken, in here
Page 1 of 1