Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expanded Beginnings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

Expanded Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:24

Okay, standard FG rules apply in this RP, meaning you type something up (such as a character attacking a grunt or another person's character, for further info on general rules consult The Rules thread) and the character's/grunt's owner types a response. These are general rules and thus there will be no dice rolls as I don't want to have to bother Fate every time characters interact with anyone, be it another player character or an NPC grunt.

This RP starts a couple of months prior to the start of ME1. As the RP progresses it WILL be influenced by the events of the trilogy and if we make it to an ME3 arc we WILL be "fixing" the endings. Note that this is based on ME lore and canon but the name should be a tip off in regards to what one can expect to find here. We will be making custom stuff based off things hinted at or otherwise stipulated in the lore such as independent factions that are not located in the Terminus, such as Human factions (not counting Cerberus since they are canon) that are not part of the Systems Alliance. This also extends to weapons and other equipment that could possibly exist in ME, either because of lore, physics (seriously, why is it everyone is throwing around pellets at only MACH 1!? Disregard, Nazamroth's research [see the Debate thread] has provided evidence ME weapons accelerate projectiles to Mach 5), or a combination thereof. Character bios are encouraged but not required. My own starting character's bio is as follows:

Name: Calton’Dothras (“Cal” to his friends and family, few know this); doesn’t give his last name readily or often

Race: Quarian

Likes: Technology, especially computers and weapons; working on his own

Dislikes: People who abuse their authority; idiots; Turians; idiotic Turians; the idiots that are keeping the Migrant Fleet under their thumbs

Bio: Calton was born to Quarian exiles who settled in a cluster of independent Human colonies. His parents assimilated into the culture of the Human colonies and gave him a first name that would better help him acclimate to being around non-Quarians. Despite being born to exiles, he possesses the type of technological skill that is associated with Quarians, especially in regards to electronics and weapon maintenance and modification. As he grew and matured he found that he couldn’t stand still and despised living in any one place for too long a time. When he reached the age of eighteen he took money he had earned from various jobs and set out to be a freelance adventurer and mercenary, much to the displeasure and concern of his friends and family. Despite this, he has made a life for himself.
    He cannot tolerate stupidity in any form. This view has grown to such an extent that he views the majority of the galaxy’s power players to be governed by, if not filled with, idiots. This is largely due to him actually seeing that the galactic races are stagnated by their reliance on Prothean technology and their unwillingness to try and improve upon it. He often describes the mentality of the major powers in regards to technological advancement as “Waah, waah! It’s too hard to make even minor improvements!!”. As such, he often makes many modifications to his own gear that defy standard weapon construction, especially in regards to weapons taking at most 1.5 seconds to unfold and activate. His views on that are best summed up as “Another idiotic design choice. In 1.5 seconds a lone soldier can surprise, out flank, and kill an entire fire team. What sort of idiot thought that was a good idea?”
    He has a working grasp of Quarian history and culture, which has lead to noted conflict with both his parents, friends, and with himself. On one hand, he despises the Turians for being the Citadel Council’s “attack turkeys” as he puts it as they forced the Quarians off a world over which the Council had no authority, thus denying them any sort of stability. As such, he also distrusts Asari and Salarians. He is much more comfortable around Humans than any other group for clear reasons. On the other hand, he admits that the Quarians have done things with which he cannot morally agree but he thinks that the wrongs the Citadel races have dealt to his species largely overshadow what the Quarians have done, with the exception being the attempted extermination of the Geth. However, he often cites how the Citadel denied the Quarians any sort of aid after their homeworld was lost, leading to rants about how they never asked for military assistance, only help, meaning the Citadel Council could have provided food and medical supplies but in their callousness ignored the Quarians entirely. He also despises the Migrant Fleet Conclave and Admiralty as he believes that they’ll only lead his people to extinction. His views regarding the Migrant Fleet are most likely horribly skewed in some aspects given that he is the child of exiles.
    As can be expected of one raised predominantly around Humans he has acquired many of their mannerisms. Further, unlike most Quarians his age he does find himself with free time. As such when he is not using it to ensure his equipment is in perfect order he often reads. Usually he reads Human works dating to from the “Romantic” era of literature as it is called by Humans to Human 21st century literature. Further, he is an avid gamer and currently holds the top of the StarCraft V leader board.

Equipment: Calton wears a more heavily armored environmental suit with stronger than average kinetic barriers. Further, his weapons are heavily modified and do not unfold and activate. Rather than are magnetized to his back like most weapons but they are always active. He just keeps the mechanical and electronic safeties on so as to avoid an unfortunate discharge. He also modified them to fire projectiles at a slightly faster velocity so that they have better armor piercing qualities even without ammunition mods/enhancements. He is noted for using thermal clips, which are gaining in popularity amongst individual mercenaries and small groups of mercenaries despite their cost compared to traditional heat sinks. Finally, as his weapons do not unfold he keeps a pistol in a hip holster and a rifle and shotgun magnetized to his back for most situations.

Note: Before anyone starts to say anything about that "StarCraft V" bit or the gaming bit in general it's A) character flavor and background and B) a joke. We had to wait so long to get the first part of the SCII Trilogy I imagine it will take even longer for new SC games to be released once the SCII Trilogy is over, that is all.

Last edited by Chapter Master Arken on 2014-04-27, 04:41; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:25

OOC now where should we begin
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:26

OOC: That is a good question.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:28

OOC well how about.....omega
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:30

OOC: That makes sense for your character and his merc group but for mine...I'm not even sure if Calton's been in Citadel space, let alone the Terminus sector. Plus you have to be either crazy, desperate, or know what you're doing to go to the Omega relay and I can't think of a reason Calton would be there. Hm....
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:32

OOC well maybe he was on a human ship that was on some kind of mission in the area and is picking up supplies, and unfortunately omega's the best place nearby
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:35

OOC: Alright then. That works. I kind of doubt he'd have his own ship (I mean, even personal ships that house only one or two people have got to be incredibly expensive, right?) since he's only been a merc for four years. Sure, he's made a life for himself but like I said, a personal ship has to to cost...what? A few billion credits?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:36

OOC yep. also brb, gotta have a shower
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 23:36

OOC: Okay then.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 00:29

OOC gonna be a bit longer. parents are being assholes -_- in a really bad mood now. won't be long, twenty minutes at most
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 00:30

OOC: Okay.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:23

OOC: Start here, Gorath.

IC: *Calton'Dothras disembarks from the trade vessel he payed to ferry him to Omega. He quickly surveys his surroundings and then sets out to find one of his thermal clip suppliers.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:25

it seems to be a typical day in omega. except he quickly realizes one thing. more blue suns around than he expected. a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:27

*He takes mental note of this and starts to hurry past them.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:28

*the thermal clip dealer he's headed to has just finished selling a few clips to some of the blue suns in question*
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:29

*He ignores the other mercenary and approaches the dealer.*

OOC: Also, Dargoth just joined the site.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:31

Dealer: damn blue suns. hate the turian bastards.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:32

Calton: Just don't let them hear you say that.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:34

Dealer: *he's a batarian* I know I know. Apparently there's something going down in afterlife. one of the blue suns big shots is facing off with some quarian exile. these guys are around incase things go south. anyway Calton, what can I get you?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:37

Calton: Just some extra thermal clips. I'd like to be prepared and I fully expect to have to use at least a couple while the trade ship that brought me here is docked.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:38

Calton: coming right up. By the way be careful around these blue suns. I know how you feel about turians. Don't let your hatred get you killed
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:40

OOC: I think you goofed! XD

IC:

Calton: Don't worry. If they don't start anything I won't bother them.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:41

OOC I goofed XD
IC Dealer: that's the problem. if they've already got one quarian problem, they'll probably be more likely to hassle you.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:45

OOC: Good thing there's an edit function. That's one reason I like the new site. We don't have to make new comments to fix errors.

IC:

Calton: Their mistake then. If they can't tell me from the guy they're supposed to kill then they'll learn the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:46

Dealer: yeah well idiots like that can't see past the suit can they?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:48

Calton: Considering the fact that each Quarian decorates and designs their suit differently it's a testament to their proverbial blindness.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:49

Dealer: I hear that. *he hands him the clips*
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:50

Calton: Thanks. *He hands him the needed credits and goes to leave.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:51

Dealer: be safe out there kid.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:51

Calton: You to. *He leaves.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:52

*he sees a group of the turian blue suns headed in the direction of afterlife*
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:53

*It doesn't particularly concern him. He generally goes out of his way to avoid Turians if he can help it. He makes his way back to the trade ship.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:55

en route he sees he's being watched by a female quarian leaning aganst the wall in the corner. she is wearing a black suit
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:56

*He takes note of this and moves on. He's cautiously looking over his back every few seconds.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:56

she's gone
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:58

*He continues heading back to the trade ship, subtly keeping a hand on his sidearm.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 01:59

he rounds a corner to see her there waiting for him
???: *clearly a younger quarian* well aint this a surprise
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:02

Calton: What do you want? I know you've been following me so spit it out.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:03

???: relax, was just wondering what a fellow quarian who isn't part of my group was doing in this backwater
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:04

Calton: I'm a freelancer.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:07

???: oooh is that so? in that case, mind doing a job for me? cash up front
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:08

Calton: That depends on what the job is.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:10

???: simple. come with me, and when the shooting starts, shoot the same people I'm shooting at
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:12

Calton: This is about the Blue Suns, isn't? As much as I hate Turians I don't need a large merc company after my head.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:12

???: they won't be out for your head if none are alive to come after you
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:15

Calton: That's assuming we can track down every Blue Suns mercenary that's on this cesspit. And before I accept, should I accept, I think I should know your name.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:15

???: nono, we just kill all the ones that see us, the rest of my group have got the others in this part of omega. and I'm Celi.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:18

Calton: Alright, Celi, mind telling me what you're doing out in the Terminus?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:19

Celi: I live out here.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime2014-04-25, 02:21

Calton: What?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expanded Beginnings
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next