Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com

Go down 
+3
cow-man
Faelwen
Local Bat Enthusiast
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Faelwen

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-19, 22:15

valediction
noun
-an act of bidding farewell or taking leave.
-an utterance, oration, or the like, given in bidding farewell or taking leave; valedictory.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-20, 21:48

oenophile
noun
-a person who enjoys wines, usually as a connoisseur.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-21, 23:33

gastronome
noun
-a connoisseur of good food; gourmet; epicure.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 13:44

irenic
adjective
-tending to promote peace or reconciliation; peaceful or conciliatory.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 13:54

OOC. new avatar?
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 16:51

OOC yeah, been this way for a few days now
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 19:14

festoon
verb
-to adorn with or as with festoons
-to form into festoons
-Dentistry. to reproduce natural gum patterns around the teeth or a denture.
-to connect by festoons.
noun
-a string or chain of flowers, foliage, ribbon, etc., suspended in a curve between two points.
-a decorative representation of this, as in architectural work or on pottery.
-a fabric suspended, draped, and bound at intervals to form graceful loops or scalloped folds.
-Dentistry. the garlandlike area of the gums surrounding the necks of the teeth.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 13:34

merrythought
noun
-Chiefly British. the wishbone or furcula of a fowl.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-25, 14:13

munificence
noun
-the quality of being munificent, or showing unusual generosity
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-26, 19:03

bonhomie
noun [bon-uh-mee, bon-uh-mee; French baw-naw-mee]
-frank and simple good-heartedness; a good-natured manner; friendliness; geniality.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-27, 17:18

abdominous
adjective
-having a large belly; potbellied.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-28, 19:09

wing-ding
noun
-Slang. a noisy, exciting celebration or party.
-Slang. a fit, either induced by drugs or feigned.
-Slang. a fit of anger; a rage.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-29, 18:05

stelliferous
adjective
-having or abounding with stars
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-30, 13:50

probity
noun
-integrity and uprightness; honesty
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-12-31, 16:27

clinquant
adjective
-glittering, especially with tinsel; decked with garish finery
noun
-imitation gold leaf; tinsel; false glitter.

Last edited by Faelwen on 2016-01-01, 14:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-01, 14:36

first-foot
noun
-Scot. the first person to cross the threshold of a house on New Year's Day.
-Scot. the first person met after starting out on the day of an important occasion.
verb
-Scot. to enter (a house) first on New Year's Day.
-Scot. to be the first to enter a house on New Year's Day.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-02, 14:23

redintegrate
verb
-to make whole again; restore to a perfect state; rened; reestablish.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-04, 00:58

prepossessing
adjective
-that impresses favorably; engaging or attractive
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-05, 03:20

salubrious
adjective
-favorable to or promoting health; healthful
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-05, 18:41

kvell
verb
-Slang. to be extraordinary pleased; especially, to be bursting with pride, as over one's family.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-06, 13:50

unputdownable
adjective
-Informal. (especially of a book or periodical) so interesting or suspenseful as to compel reading.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-07, 14:38

terpsichorean
adjective
-pertaining to dance.
-(initial capital letter) of or relating to Terpsichore.
noun
-a dancer.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-08, 19:09

sybaritic
adjective
-pertaining to or characteristic of a sybarite; characterized by or loving luxury or sensuous pleasure
-(initial capital letter) of, relating to, or characteristic of Sybaris or its inhabitants.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-09, 15:26

offing
noun
-the more distant part of the sea seen from the shore, beyond the anchoring ground.
-a position at a distance from shore.
idioms
-in the offing, a. at a distance but within sight. b. in the projected future; likely to happen
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-10, 14:49

cineaste
noun
-any person, especially a director or producer, associated professionally with filmmaking.
-an aficionado of filmmaking.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-12, 04:54

inveigle
verb
-to entice, lure, or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements (usually followed by into)
-to acquire, win, or obtain by beguiling talk or methods (usually followed by from or away)
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-12, 19:26

peripatetic
adjective
-walking or traveling about; itinerant.
-(initial capital letter) of or relating to Aristotle, who taught philosophy while walking in the Lyceum of ancient Athens
-(initial capital letter) of or relating to Aristotelian school of philosophy.
noun
-a person who walks or travels about.
-(initial capital letter) a member of the Aristotelian school.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-13, 17:51

bellwether
noun
-a person or thing that shows the existence or direction of a trend; index.
-a wether or other male sheep that leads the flock, usually bearing a bell.
-a person or thing that assumes the leadership or forefront, as of profession or industry
-a person who leads a mob, mutiny, conspiracy, or the like; ringleader.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-14, 13:36

hebetude
noun
-the state of being dull; lethargy.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-15, 22:57

reify
verb
-to convert into or regard as a concrete thing
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-16, 17:31

lacustrine
adjective
-of or relating to a lake.
-living or growing in lakes, as various organisms.
-formed at the bottom or along the shore of lakes, as geological strata.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-17, 19:19

ludic
adjective
-playful in an aimless way
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-18, 16:29

aeonian
adjective
-eternal; everlasting.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:12

yesterday:
kerflooey
adverb
-Informal. to cease functioning, especially suddenly and completely; fall apart; fail

today:
aposiopesis
noun
-Rhetoric. a sudden breaking off in the midst of a sentence, as if from inability or unwillingness to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-21, 15:51

presenteeism
noun
-the practice of coming to work despite illness, injury, anxiety, etc., often resulting in reduced productivity.
-the practice of working long hours at a job without the real need to do so.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-22, 15:03

sitzmark
noun
-Skiing. a sunken area in the snow marking a backward fall of a skier.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-23, 21:49

selenology
noun
-the branch of astronomy that deals with the nature and origin of the physical features of the moon.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-24, 16:14

vociferous
adjective
-crying out noisily; clamorous.
-characterized by or uttered with vociferation
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-25, 20:05

cupidity
noun
-eager or excessive desire, especially to possess something; greed; avarice.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-26, 13:38

nimiety
noun
-excess; overabundance
-an instance of this.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-27, 19:51

pugnacious
adjective
-inclined to quarrel or fight readily; quarrelsome; belligerent; combative.

anyone else hear this word before somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-28, 19:25

insouciant
adjective
-free from concern, worry, or anxiety; carefree; nonchalant.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-30, 01:08

zenith
noun
-a highest point or state; culmination.
-the point on the celestial sphere vertically above a given position or observer
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-31, 03:15

Isthmus
noun
-a narrow strip of land, bordered on both sides by water, connecting two larger bodies of land.
-Anatomy, Zoology. a connecting, usually narrow, part, organ, or passage, especially when joining structures or cavities larger then itself.
-Ichthyology. the narrow fleshy area between the sides of the lower jaw of a fish.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-01-31, 23:35

cryophilic
adjective
-preferring or thriving at low temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-02-01, 13:55

nonce
noun
-the present, or immediate, occasion or purpose (usually used in the phrase for the nonce).
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-02-02, 13:41

aeromancy
noun
-the prediction of future events from observation of weather conditions.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-02-03, 18:24

alpenglow
noun
-a reddish glow often seen on the summits of mountains just before sunrise or just after sunset
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-02-04, 21:54

desiderata
plural noun
-things wanted or needed; plural of desideratum
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-02-06, 19:28

Yesterday:
nugatory
adjective
-of no real value; trifling; worthless.
-of no force or effect; ineffective; futile; vain.
-not valid.

Today:
provenance
noun
-place or source of origin
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2016-02-07, 19:58

dipsy-doodle
noun
-Slang. a quick dipping, sliding motion of the body, as made by ball carriers in football to evade tacklers.
-Slang. an act, movement, etc., to confuse, evade, or distract the attention of an opponent or competitor.
-Slang. shady dealings; chicanery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: Non-RP stuff :: Discoussions, arguments, announcements of arrival, etc. because I'm too lazy to look for people in every single topic...-
Jump to: