Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Astral Slaughter

Go down 
+6
Himfea Gaur
Nazamroth
Ortus
Fate
Gorath
Shas'O Ar'Kais
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Local Bat Enthusiast

Astral Slaughter - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:25

IE muskets

And also the ancient chinese technically had guns

why the fuck can't we
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:26

(the chinese guns where weapons which fired a fuck ton of needles through the use of gun powder, technically making it a firearm)
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:42

misconception, they had gunpowder, but never used it in a weapon, they never tried confining it
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:42

they used it as a fuel until they figured out rockets, by then we had it
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:45

No, they did indeed have a gunpowder powered needle shooter
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:47

never seen that thing, sounds painful
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:48

It fired tons of them in a massive swarm..Think of a shotgun esq thing which fired about 40 needles then became useless
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:49

sounds... inefficient
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 16:50

Mmmm

Against armoured foes it would do bugger all, but hey, atlesat it looked cool
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:13

Would you like me to tell you about how early gunpowder weapons were used?

No? Too bad, they had superior armour penetration to crossbow but couldn't match the speed and accuracy of longbows. They were cheap, easy to manufacture and didnt require much training to use.
They lack range but will crush morale and make soldiers panic.
The first hand portable gunpowder weapon was known as a hand cannon, quite literally because it was a downscaled cannon.
Tactics involved outflanking and unleashing hell on the enemies flanks, they did not phase out the bow and arrow because each weapon was handicapped by their respective abilities, the longbow; was fast, accurate and could penetrate most armour at range, the hand cannon was cheap, inaccurate and was pretty much useless at any range beyond point blank.

It was a new step forward in the evolution of war but it was also a rather crap weapon.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:34

Also, to use a longbow, you have to train for years to be effective, to build up muscle mass where required, whereas a crossbow or a gun, require very little training
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:37

nah i don't like the new picture
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:40

I know, the longbow has massive drawbacks in the military world, they require years of training to fire, to fire accurately, and each arrow had to be crafted. Something which took time and care from a trained craftsman.
Crossbows were superior, but they lack the rate of fire of the longbow and suffered greatly when wet. Much like the hand cannon.

I will also point that it was pretty much the English and Welsh who had a hardon for longbows.(After all the English used longbows until the Yew tree was practically extinct in Europe)
Most other nations used smaller bows like the recurve bow or the shortbow.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:40

And what is wrong with Commissar Corgi?
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:48

Its beyond tbe acceptable margin of DNA variation of what counts as "human", therefore it us heresy, and shall be burned to ashes and cinder...
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:52

It isn't a human, it is man's best friend having been given the glorious honour of slaughtering his enemies in the fluffiest most vicious way possible
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 19:53

I think commisaar corgi is adorable

But not as adorable as colonel kitten

Also I have a question bushwookie..In the game of thrones esq thing, can I control a group of knights who are trained specifically to hunt monsters and stuff, and they will use holy powers to murder them and stuff
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:10

Monsters will be incredibly rare, like super fucking rare.
Depending on which setting I go for (Either a GoT clone or Gors world) there will be very few monsters and the monsters that do exist are feckin huge (seriously, the dragons in Gors one are Godzilla sized, not old-Zola new-zilla from the latest Godzilla movie)
You could have a religious group of knights who derp around hunting for heretics.

You can pretty much be anything, I for example will be playing the last surviving noble from a nearly extinct noble house on a quest to restore his family name. Hence why I wanted to do a GoT RP
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:14

So wait

2 worlds
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:23

There are two that I can choose from, I could use Goraths one and avoid spending a few hours working everything out or I could go with GoT without the families so I don't spoil everything.

I still don't understand why everyone said 'there's too much lore in GoT'
The author(I forgot his name!) only talks of the big battles and the interactions between the big players, it would be fine for us to derp around without killing the plot in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:25

I'll just... you know.
Have big hats.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:26

Also it limits creativity.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:26

I love youtubes logic... Like a year ago, due to reasons, i clicked on a video of soviet propaganda music. Ever since then, there has constantly been a section of soviet propaganda music in my recommended videos... I havent clicked any of them even once, but its still recommended for me...
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:31

no i meant my new picture kitten
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:33

Astral Slaughter - Page 20 10942110
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:41

The more gorath..'Enlightens' Me about this GoT ripoff idea makes me cringe more
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:44

Alright bitches i'll start writing up and alternate option, start yelling things you want at me i'll be back in 10
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:46

I want a pony.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:47

His isn't a GoT rip, mine is, his is different.
I'm just in the mood for a medieval RP and thought GoT would make a good background
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:48

Why not just a medieval setting with a few fantasy elements thrown in.
Like gothic stuff and cthuluhu or however it's spelt.
MANIACAL GODS.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:49

I vote ollies idea
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:49

Plus we could make a large world map and then have countries and then declare world war or summin.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:51

I like ollies Idea

I dislike gorfegs because he won't let me use holy powers of the lord against unholy heathens

and also godzilla sized dragons

yeh..no
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:58

I see no reason why we can't do that.
I just want to mess around with establishing a noble house and the complications that it provides
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 20:59

yeh, why don't we just create our own fantasy world and each person create a faction or group for it, as you would expect, and we can vote on what types of lore we want for it and such
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 21:02

Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 21:03

So will this world have knights and men at arms and that kind of thing?
Will it be centred in a single country where there are different noble houses vying for power?
I'm confused I is governor.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 21:06

Oh my god Raeven that is so cute!!!!
I want one!!!!!!!!!

Yes it will, it's pretty much High medieval Europe I would think for military tech and social order.
Guns are just making it into armies and the bow/crossbow is the dominant ranged weapon.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 21:07

Sounds legit.
I would prefer that the musket is a untested weapon, and the men at arms kind of forces would still be using bows and such.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 21:12

That's pretty much the High medieval period.
Muskets as we know them don't exist and the Hand cannon is slowly appearing.
Note: The hand cannon doesn't look like a musket.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 21:16

No, the hand cannon is pretty much a tube of metal on a aiming point
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 22:14

I said that
Back to top Go down
Himfea Gaur

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 22:15

Btw I think I have already replied
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 22:28

My uwu terminator?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-11, 22:39

And I was agreeing
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-12, 15:42

Cmon guyz

Don't let it die slowly and painfully
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-12, 23:46

Indeed! Epic tales of battle and triumph must be told!
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-13, 15:54

Yes!

The blood red morning sun is slowly awakening from its sleep..Many died that night..Their blood forever tainting the ground..but the battle is not yet over
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-13, 15:58

Why not go out with a bang?
*presses exterminatus button*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-13, 16:28

*Jax stirs from a fitful sleep, a bed half up a tree is a safe one if nothing else, the Xenos had fought like monsters, and jax had fought a few of those*
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-03-13, 16:45

Theres a motherfucking adorable panda sitting underneath the tree he is on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astral Slaughter   Astral Slaughter - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astral Slaughter
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: RP stuff :: Warhammer 40k...ish... RP-
Jump to: