Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Rebirth

Go down 
+2
Chapter Master Arken
Shas'O Ar'Kais
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:17

OOC cant beat that tache or accent
IC two of the scions follow along with the captain
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:18

OOC: You're offline on Steam, Gor. May want to look at that.

IC:

*They enter the lounge.*

Plumo: Now, I assume you want answers.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:20

"That I do"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:21

Plumo: Very well, then ask whatever questions you have.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:22

"Who do you work for would be a start. not the bloody university you mentioned. what faction."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:24

Plumo: I suppose you could say that Yutega is a faction within a faction. It is one of four major groups of influence within the Consortium, an alliance made up of many different groups.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:25

"Consortium? never heard of it"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:27

Plumo: Much like I never heard of your Imperium, Captain...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:28

"well. to be blunt, the imperium is the largest empire in the galaxy, spanning almost the entire known galaxy, from holy terra, humanity's homeworld"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:31

Plumo: "Holy Terra"? *Contemplates* Do you mean Earth? And frankly, Captain, I am not exaggerating when I say I have never heard once of your Imperium or its supposed size. I doubt anyone in the Consortium will have.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:31

"earth was once its name. and the fact you haven't genuinely surprises me"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:33

Plumo: I suppose when you believe your corner of the galaxy contains the last vestiges of mankind, you don't hear the most recent galactic news.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:34

"that's one way of putting it"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:36

Plumo: I see. Well then, I suppose it is uplifting to know that man has survived elsewhere. I'm quite surprised at your level of technology, however. It is so....basic and unrefined. And that's not meant as an insult, Captain, simply a statement from a scientific view point.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:38

"I see.... *gestures to the hot shot lasgun of one of the scions* see that? i'd wager that could burn through your security guys' armour and kill him in a single shot. how's that for basic and unrefined"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:40

Plumo: Frankly, I believe a shot from a typical Gauss rifle will produce a similar effect against your men. Assuming their training can rival that of Yutega's soldiers. Although, I'd much rather not discuss weapons and warfare alone, Captain. It is a droll subject, and if the Templum mercenaries overhear us, we will hear no end to this debate.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:41

while its obvious after that remark the scions dont like him, they remain as stock still as they have been this whole time
"I see."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:48

Plumo: I meant no insult, Captain, but Yutega holds its fighting men and women to a higher standard than most. Generally speaking, we have to, given how dangerous expeditions can be.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:49

"in all honesty, i dont care. and these two wont care unless I tell them to"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:50

Plumo: I see. Regardless, I believe it is time I ask you some questions. Firstly, what are these...oh, what did you call them? Tyranids, I believe?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:53

"Tyranids. Long story short, an alien menace from beyond the galaxy's edge. their forces are organic in every sense of the word. even their ships, guns and some of their ammo is a living creature. they strip all organic matter from a world, break it down into biomass to make more of their own kind, then move on to the next world. the hive fleet that once menaced this area of space was defeated two hundred years ago, but there are still more elsewhere"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:55

Plumo: I see. Well, clearly you've devised counter measures to them, otherwise, I don't see how you've managed to stop them.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:56

"Indeed. although the fact they tried to attack Space marines on their home turf tends to help."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:56

Plumo *eyebrow arched*: "Space Marines"?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:57

"Galaxy's best soldiers. nine foot tall. best gear available. able to crush your skull with their thumb."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 01:59

Plumo: Sounds like an angry Templum soldier in a suit of powered armor, minus the excessive height. Although I assume they're naturally nine feet tall due to some sort of genetic modification?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 02:00

"modification. as i said, this hive fleet tried to invade the homeworld of the Ultramarine space marines. said hive fleet did not survive. the ultramarines did."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 02:01

Plumo: I see. Now, about this...Chaos, you mentioned. Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
Shas'O Ar'Kais

Shas'O Ar'Kais

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 04:16

The worst part about coming out of cryo?

The coughing fits.
The chemicals used to ensure a non-lethal cryogenic stasis involved ingesting a concentrated packet of chemicals that would keep a Tau or even a Gue'la, alive during the process.

The Commander stumbled out of his personal pod.

He wasn't to be awoken until they found something, they had skirted the outside of Ultramar for a few years now, if what his standard time display was showing as he rubbed his shark like eyes.

Living in self-imposed exile was not something done as a simple matter, the vessel "Dawns Beauty" in the Gue'la tongue, was a colonial vessel turned warship by the Earth Caste engineers.

Shas'O Ar'Kais Korst'La'Shi, after conquering three worlds, fighting the newly self-discovered Necron Dynasty of Atem and serving against the Imperial valiantly during their advances.
Despite all of this accomplishment, he had been pulled away from frontline service along with his cadre to a more "civil" post.

Send him to some backwater planet with the excuse of "colonisation", assumably to have him assassinated, or worse, have an "accident" so he could be implanted with one of those faulty puretide chips.

Ar'Kais Korst'La'Shi is no fool, nor someone to be trifled with.
He had flushed the Ethereals out of the air-lock a long time ago.

Now he was running, far away, somewhere there was no Tyranids, no Empire, a piece of the galaxy he could call his own.

"Visual."

+DETECTING CRAFT+

"Designation?"

+FIRST CRAFT IS OF GUE'VESA DESIGNATION, SECONDARY CRAFT IS UNKNOWN TO SHIP DATABANKS+

"...I want everyone up, all hands on deck, I want O'Rey'nolds to prepare boarding craft, but he is on stand-by, engage stealth systems, I don't want them detecting a heat signature until we know what is going on."

+ACKNOWLEDGED+

"...Imperial Patrol must have stopped them...so...who are you..."
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 04:55

OOC: Excuse me? you mean Gue'la, surely. Gue'Vesa are the humans that servethe tau, arent they...?

on an unrelated subject, i have recently acquired some Ukrainian chocolate, rather good, actually.... apparently, some of the stuff is literally sun flavoured... i must say, the sun tastes pretty good...
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 08:28

Also, i was looking for a more appropriate illustration for Dredd.... i looked through hundreds of concept art, and couldnt really find what i was looking for... there were quite a lot of awesome works though....and in the end, i realised.... i basically want the Blackjack from Sunrider with a different loadout.... so, here it is...
Spoiler:

See those 2 "tubes" on each shoulder? they swivel to face forward and fire lasers. replace those with 1-1 "railguns" of rectangular cross-section(resting on their longer sides, obviously)
Replace the handheld gun with rapid fire energy weapons built into the wrists.
Though its not really visible on this image, there are rocket launchers buil into the lower legs and shoulders
lastly, see those things on the back? just imagine them being more high-tech than the thrusters that they are in the game.(they are still used for maneuvering during drop/boarding action though)

also, i may or may not be introducing a guest star.... just because i had an awesome idea a while ago...

....lol..... wargaming logic..... it recommends their site in another version because it detected where im from and it would be better optimized for me... so instead of the english version, it recommended one with an american flag, russian description, and called "Magyar"(hungarian) ....... i have no idea which language it is XD
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:18

"Chaos. Pure evil. Chaos is the forces and worshippers of the four dark gods of chaos. all of them debased and cruel in every sense of the word. There are four groups. the blood worshippers, madmen without equal. the plaguebringers, lovers of death and disease. the sorcerers and bringers of 'change' as they put it. and the worshippers of excess and decadence. and then there are those who are all four."
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:27

OOC: Objection! mere captains, even admirals, dont know this much! all they know is that its chaos, the primordial annihilator!
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:36

OOC he's got experience fighting chaos worshippers. he knows the types. he knows not of the daemons, chaos marines or the names of the gods. hence why he only mentioned the types of chaos worshippers
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:41

OOC. ....ffs..... i hate Civ 5 single player so much.... i had the perfect fething start, i had all advantages for both production, research, and gold... i focused entirely on production, even had the social policies that helped me build wonders and shit. i beelined for the single wonder that i wanted the most...
and yet i just barely get around to building something when some other random civ completes the wonders that would be important for me...
gorath, if you get into the gaming industry, and ever produce games that increase difficuilty simply by giving the AI cheat advatages or the like, im gonna find you, and personally drown you in a spoonful of water...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:44

1) oh 2) only game i know like that is supcom....and thats only if you choose that AI difficulty in the game setup
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:53

OOC: well, just to give the most recent example i had: Civ 5
if you increase the difficuilty, the AI simply gets bonuses to resources, production, research, and whatnot...
the most i have seen is that it will not choose some random religion but one that actually fits the map on higher difficuilties...
but it still ignores everything and just keeps trying to grind you down in wars, it still places cities pretty much wherever there is an empty hex at least 4 or so hexes from another city, no matter that its a single hex island in the middle of an ocean or just wedges it inside someones empire in a really stupid manner... and i could go on...

or theres Wargame: Airland Battle. is a very good game in PvP, but in single player, its just ridiculous... i set up an ambush and start pounding away at the advancing enemy who just march toward me in a fething line formation. i shower the area with so much rocket artillery, it looks like the surface of mars, i keep pounding them from advantageous positions, and they still fething refuse to die, and just keep instakilling my units while firing on the move... im pretty sure difficuilty at best affects their health and fire rates or something...

and im not even gonna go into the idiocy where difficuilty means throwing wave after wave of minibosses and bosses among undreds of mobs at you....
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:55

Yea....i never played civ
kinda glad now
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:56

OOC: oh, its really fun when you play on difficuilty 1 or 2 and you have mechanized infantry against msuketmen at best... though it gets boring rather soon like that... but then you go up to difficuilty 5 of 10(?) and by the time you manage to build a settler, all the ancient era wonders have been built by someone....
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 10:58

Fairs
tho i dont really like turn based strategy
only one i kinda liked was squad command
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 11:00

Any indication as to when to expect arken today?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 11:02

US afternoon time at the earliest
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 11:03

when do US citizens consider afternoon to start?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 11:05

id say around 6 or 7 gmt
again this is the EARLIEST he'll show up
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:30

OOC: I am here a little bit early for the time being....BECAUSE OF BREAKFAST!! So basically I can be on for a bit before I have to study Calculus.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:32

hey arken Smile
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:33

OOC: BE THANKFUL FOR BACON!! FOR IT IS WHAT HAS ALLOWED ME TO BE HERE FOR NOW!! Anyway, hey. Want to continue?

IC:

Plumo *his pupils noticeably dilating, even if it's only a little*: That sounds.....uncomfortably similar to what we call The Corruption.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:36

"Corrupt is exactly what chaos does. from what little i know, over exposure to chaos and its worshippers can turn you into one of them"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:37

Plumo: Then it is possible these two forces are on in the same, Captain. How have you managed to overcome them?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:38

"By purging them and their heretic ways. There are always more, but then again there's always more ammo we can fire at them"
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-03-17, 13:38

and more grunts to soak up their fire. dont forget the heroic grunts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rebirth
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: RP stuff :: Warhammer 40k...ish... RP-
Jump to: