Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood in the old world

Go down 
+2
Local Bat Enthusiast
Gorath
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Gorath

Blood in the old world Empty
PostSubject: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-12, 10:53

2519, Imperial Calendar. The southern old world burns. Pushed on by some unknown force or motivation, the beastmen of bretonnia have gathered in numbers not seen since the first storm of chaos, under some unknown but surely mighty, bestial warlord. These horrific mutants have began raiding and attacking the people of bretonnia, burning and pillaging as they go, moving slowly, dangerously close to the capital city of Couronne. In response to this, King Louen Leoncoeur has called the banners of his many knights, lords, and men at arms together to combat this threat, massing them together and preparing a mighty counterattack against the beastmen horde. Unfortunately for the king of Bretonnia, the elves of Athel Loren, provoked by the poisoning and defiling of their trees on the outskirts of the forest, have begun blaming the people of bretonnia, attacking villages and towns near the forest’s edges. The few forces that can be spared are far from adequate to provide adequate defense against the wrath of the elves, let alone investigate the situation further. With no choice left to him, King Louen has begrudgingly reached out to his ‘ally’ to the north, Emperor Karl Franz, for aid. More than willing to aid, if for no other reason than to discover the truth behind who is defiling the forest, Franz has despatched an army of soldiers from Reikland, lead by Sir Henry Var Attre of the Knights Griffon, striding into the southern lands atop his mighty Demigryph, ready to clash blades with the elven warriors if needs be.

Last edited by Gorath on 2016-03-13, 20:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-12, 20:58

Ooc note
With the exception of possible timeline shenanigans, this is lore adherant
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-12, 21:05

Can I be a orc
Specifically a burna boy
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-12, 21:07

Ooc....ffs
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-12, 22:00

Your actions have consequences dear friend
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 00:09

OOC: Am here
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 01:11

The forefoot of the demigryph hit the ground with a thud, sending mud flying inches in all directions. Both Beast and rider surveyed the landscape that now lay before them, one assessing the situation, the other simply searching for prey. Before them lay a human town, the smoke trail from which billowed up into the sky, and had been like a beacon, bringing the two to this place. It was clear it was too late to save the town, the elven and dryad perpetrators had done their bloody work with speed to be expected of their race. But the elves themselves had yet to leave the area, even now trailing from the town’s edge back towards the safety of the treeline, but they had still a ways to go now. Amongst their ranks, towards the back of the trail, towered a hulking beast of wood and rage, trudging back towards the forest, the blood from its slaughter still staining its clawed hands. The rider smiled as he saw this, as the beast beneath him almost seemed to grin. Both had found what they were looking for.
Having now formed a plan of attack in his head, Sir Henry Var Attre turned to the host of Imperial men at his back, stood patiently awaiting his orders or just watching with disgust as the elves ran from the slaughter. Drawing his blade, the knight turned to his two lieutenants, a black clad knight of Morr, and a knight of the blazing sun.
“Peter, I want you to take your knights and cut off the head of the trail, cut off their escape. Emhyr, Take your men round the rear, prevent any from returning to the town. Both of you have men circle around to the other side, cut off their escape from that way. The Griffins and I will go down the middle. Have the Hellblasters focus fire on that brute, try to weaken it before the Demigryphs reach it. And see if that damn bright wizard can do something to weaken it as well, that should cheer him up.” The two knights nodded in silent approval before returning to their respective forces, as Sir Henry turned to the army itself, drawing his sword and holding it high for all to see. “ARISE! ARISE SONS OF SIGMAR! Do not avert your eyes men, look well upon what lies before you! What this should show you is obvious, not only are our enemies ruthless and honourless in the extreme, but our ‘mighty’ allies of bretonnia cannot so much as protect a single town from their wrath! How many innocents have died today? How many women and children now lie dead in the streets?! Well know this fellow sons of sigmar, while we cannot return them to life, we can and will ensure that these honourless bastards do not escape with their lives, and show the bretonnians the might of reikland while we’re at it! For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the empire!”
The speech was followed by a mighty cheer from the men as Sir Henry sheathed his sword, hefting his lance and taking up position at the head of his Demigryph Knights. By his word the order to charge was given, and the army of reikland thundered forward, the knights of the empire galloping at great speed directly towards the elven host. Caught completely off guard, the elves were unable to form a proper defence in time, and it wasn't long before sir Henry’s lance plunged into elven flesh, killing instantly the poor warrior who hadn’t escaped in time.

A short time later the fight was won. The elves were dead and scattered, and Sir henry and his demigryph stood over the battered, charred corpse of the treeman, the army’s bright-wizard grinning next to them.
“You know sir henry, if I have to save your life again, I’m gonna start charging for the privilege.”
The knight shrugged off the comment, instead turning to the remains of the town.
“Now let’s start cleaning up here, shall we?”
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 01:30

*Without even a cry for help a knight slumps forward and falls from his horse*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 08:20

The knights draw their weapons and look around for the culprit
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:18

*They see no one, could the Wood Elves have sent a relief force or is there a survivor picking them off one by one?*
*Another arrow punches through a knights visor sending him off the back of his horse*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:21

Ooc can you steam?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:43

The wizard takes look at one of the bodies. After judging the general direction of the firer from the arrow's angle, he casts a cascading fire cloak overhimself for protection before lobbing fireballs that-away
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:49

*The of shafts of a third and fourth arrow burn up in the cloak, but the heat produced has caused the iron arrowheads to melt coating portions of the wizards robes in molten iron"
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:51

Am I free to join in with this then my prettys?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:55

OOC sure
IC being....you know a bright wizard, and with it only hitting his robe, he just laughs before continuing to throw fireballs. Being less taken up in all this, sir henry directs several soldiers to shield him with their....well shields
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:58

*An arrow bounces off the shield before they stop comming*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 20:59

he continues fireballing as some of the blazing sun knights move in to the burned areas to smoke him out
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:05

*their assailant dives behind a hill, protecting itself from the fireballs and breaking line of sight*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:06

commense fireballs being lobbed like mortar shells/arrows, up and over, as the knights circle around from both sides
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:11

*Now that the knights can see the assailant it becomes clear that they being attacked by a lone archer who is taking billy bigsteps away from the hill in a rather fast manner*

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2016-03-13, 21:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:12

the sound of horses moving fast gets louder and closer behind him
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:13

A love archer?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:15

OOC: Yes a love archer *Shoots both you and a honey badger*
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:17

Calm down cupid. Been a while since we talked, hows.life for you been bush?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:19

*realising he won't make it to the forest the archer turns and notches another arrow before taking aim at the lead knight*

OOC: Not too bad not too bad, how about yours?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:20

Purrty good, thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:20

its too late to fire with any accuracy now as the knight is within striking range, swinging his blade and hitting the archer's bow with a mighty swing
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:23

OOC: That was quick Sad

*Blade cuts through the longbow with ease and narrowly misses the mans shoulder*

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2016-03-13, 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:24

Bush do you require a ex machina?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:27

OOC: It's fine
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:27

Drat
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

the knights surround him quickly, weapons drawn
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:29

*The archer draws his sword and shouts at them in a foreign tongue*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:31

"Shut up, whelp. You stand no chance"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:31

*He doesn't seem to understand them*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:32

a couple dismount, approaching him
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:34

*He faces them*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:34

they approach, slowly
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:35

Are thou okay with me intervening
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:36

*The barbarian charges toward the closest one with his sword raised*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:38

he quickly parries the incoming blow, seamlessly disarming his foe of the blade with a twist and a thrust
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:40

*Without losing a beat the barbarian drops his hand and picks up an arrow bringing it round to stab the knight through his faceplate*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:45

he sidesteps before tripping him before he can stop his charge forward
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:50

*The barbarian hits the earth and tries to pull himself up*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:52

the knight, who he notices is more 'fancifully' clad than his fellows, treads on the arrow, snapping it before he grabs him by the arm and drags him up onto his feet.
Emhyr: Bind his hands. Sir Henry will want to see this one
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:53

*The barbarian struggles rather unhappily as they do this*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 21:53

he throws the man over his horse before riding back to camp
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 22:10

*Said man is less than pleased*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 22:21

they get to henry's tent, where he is at this point. Emhyr brings the man inside, gripping his arm tight (his hands are tied behind his back)
"Your mystery sniper, Sir, and he aint an elf. Thought you'd want to meet him."
the griffin knight turns, his face still obscured by his plate helm
"Well done Emhyr. Leave him with me."
he does so, letting go of the man and leaving the tent
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime2016-03-13, 22:24

*The man glares at him*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood in the old world   Blood in the old world I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood in the old world
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next