Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expanded Beginnings

Go down 
+7
Faelwen
Berric
Nazamroth
Sir BushWookie
Azrok
Chapter Master Arken
Gorath
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
cow-man

Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:43

Ooc: the ship wasn't in FTL, it was just travelling at high speed.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:47

OOC: Um...Gorath, a little help?

Honus, ME ships generally lack FTL drives because it's easier to use the Mass Relays (suffice to say, read the wiki, it explains a lot as to why races give up trying to make their own FTL and use the Relays instead, and it's all because of the Reapers) for FTL travel. Unless your ship was in the Eden Prime system there's no other way it could have crashed on the planet...and if it had encountered Sovereign it would have been outright destroyed in all likelihood. Further, if it crashed on the planet after exiting the Relay....
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:49

It was just in its flight path, and I'm not sure if the ship could destroy the planet, its not that big.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:50

wat's going on
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:51

Ooc:just having a chat.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:52

OOC: Yeah.....except for the fact it doesn't have to be big. My understanding of the Relays is that they accelerate even small vessels at such a high speed that a one person ship hitting a planet would destroy both.

@Gorath: Basically, Honus doesn't really know anything about ME. I've provided him a link to the wiki and I'm trying to help him. I don't see how his ship crashed on Eden Prime unfortunately given the circumstances. :/
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:53

hmm
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:55

Ooc:maybe it just went through unnoticed, it was drifting with no clear path.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:55

OOC: his engine could have been hit, causing him to lose most forms of control.
Cue gravity and some immense intertial dampeners, the vessel would crash and the occupant would either go splat or have massive internal bleeding/concussion/a whole host of painful things
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:56

The engine wasn't even running, it was going adrift at high speed.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:58

Okay.....floating adrift, caught by the planets gravitational pull, terminal velocity, splat....boom
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 21:59

OOC: Wookie is also correct...and again, I remember reading that in-lore ME ships have fail-safes that are always active unless the ship is destroyed. These fail-safes basically guarantee you can't just aim a ship at a planet and send it through a Mass Relay. So your ship would have to have been within the Eden Prime system...but the only ship that could have shot it down was Sovereign and...
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:00

Ooc: it crash landed didn't it? And there is a reason it didn't go boom.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:01

Ooc: and it wasn't shot down.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:02

OOC: the vessel suffered a critical malfunction, Certanstin was immobilised and is now adrift.
Cue gravity and retro thrusters
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:04

Ooc: they'd be shooting at a dead ship, with no power or engines.
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:04

Stop stop stop lets just say sovereign didnt see him and his ship had a malfunction now continue
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:05

OOC: Gorath, help, please?

Honus, I'm am honestly trying to help you but as far as Eden Prime goes there isn't much of a situation in which a ship could crash land on it given we're still effectively in the opening of ME1. Also, that shooting down bit was the only way I could explain it. You can't go between star systems without using a Relay and Eden Prime is/was the only inhabited planet in that system (correct me if I'm wrong Gorath) so...

Wookie, that's.....possible but given what Sovereign's (in fact, Reaper weapons in general) weapons do to dreadnoughts....I suppose we could chalk it up to divine intervention.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:06

Ooc: someone please explore the ship.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:07

OOC: Agreed, Azrok. This may be looking to much into it.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:08

Ooc: looking too much into it? Nah.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:09

OOC: the weapons pierce the hull and continue correct?
Sovereign could have miscalculated and scuffed the shot only vaporising the engines and not the rest of the vessel.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:09

OOC you guys are near the topic limit before new one
Less then 20 posts left for it
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:12

Sev: you stay here celi im going to check it out
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:12

OOC: Thanks, Faelwen, and I think it'll go to 23 pages before the split unless something changed. Also, Wookie, Reapers have laser weapons and those...um...if the end of ME1 is any indicator the effects those have on ships are not pleasant to say the least.

IC:

*A group of Protectorate soldiers approach the fallen ship.*
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

Sev: you stay here celi im going to check it out
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:15

Vents of superheated air leave the outer hull, red metal from reentry.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:15

*They approach cautiously, weapons ready.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:16

OOC: I've seen, still as 'god' would say "GET ON WITH IT!"

Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:17

They reach the ship, it's hull made from a strange metal, bronze in colour.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:18

Celi: wait!
--------------
Kharr: this won't end well
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:20

*They look for an entrance.*

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:21

Sev stops and looks at her
Sev: so you want to tag along?
-------------
Keili: wait a sec where is sev going
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:22

Celi: calton just said not to. we shouldn't go.
----------------
Kharr: sonova...
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:22

Any entrance is either fused shut from the intense heat or buried, you'll need a drill or some kind of heavy weapon to get in.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:23

*The squad engineer begins to cut through the hull.*

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:23

OOC oi arken, honus, wanna continue with ze guardsmen?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:26

Ooc: yes.

The access hatch comes off with a thud, a chill leaving through the dark interior.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:27

OOC: I had forgotten about that. XD Sure.

IC:

*They cautiously enter.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:27

OOC I'll start
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:28

Sev walks back and lays back down looking at the stars
--___-------
Keili: oh okay nevermind
She sits down and rest her head on kharrs shoulder again wrapping her arm around hia robot one
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2014-05-07, 22:29

Celi stands there
-----------------
Kharr: you really like me already don't ya kid?

-------

https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=33
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expanded Beginnings
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20