Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:17

Trajan: *pauses for a moment, studying the map* Do you think any of the commanders could be...goaded into splitting from the main force?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:28

"Perhaps. My nephews are young and inexperienced. To prove themselves in my uncle's eyes, they could do something rash." He shrugs "Not an idea to base our strategy upon, i would say however."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:30

Trajan: on the contrary... if it is possible, we can carve off a part of this great host, and send them to the underworld in one fell stroke.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:36

"We should be cautious in the face of such overwhelming force."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:37

Trajan: then what would you have us do?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:39

"Cross the Kuphilla, and come at Stracia from the other side."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:40

Justinian: Surely the river is garrisoned?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:51

Ket turns to him “Indeed it is, but not nearly so well as it would need to be. There are bridges, and they are not greatly fortified.”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 00:00

Trajan: doesn't take a great garrison to make a river impassable.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 00:07

"It would be another town to take, muchlike this one."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-03-26, 21:33

Trajan: I mean the crossing itself.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-05, 23:18

“The bridges are wide, and have no gatehouses. The Kuphilla is not defended like the vein.”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-05, 23:53

Trajan: if we cross, then the enemy will no doubt know exactly where we are by what bridge we use...unless...
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-05, 23:57

Ket: "Unless we leave men to hold the bridge, and fortify the position for ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-06, 00:05

Trajan: I have a...different idea. It will depend on how far away the enemy are, but at present I'd likely say they are two to three weeks away, is that fair?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-06, 00:17

"Most likely, but their riders may arrive in as little as one."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-06, 08:04

Trajan: if we were to strip the land as we marched, prevent them from resupplying on the march, it would force them to slow their pursuit so as to not overstretch their supply lines...
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-07, 04:11

"I would rather not."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-07, 21:54

Trajan: and why is that? If we do not take it, the grand army will 'requisition' it.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-07, 23:57

"I require allies in this war. I will not gain them by burning fields."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-08, 00:03

Justin: you are expecting the war to be won by the allegiance of some village folk?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-08, 00:46

"No. But merchants, and Sattraps... I have plenty to gain through allowing my uncle to wreak destruction, not us."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-08, 22:08

Trajan: can't think long term until we have the short term covered.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:19

"We pay for what we take. It is a cruel strategy, but when my uncle pillages the lands, after we have paid for grain, the contrast... shall sway many minds."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:33

Trajan: You used the word pillage. *grins* I did not.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:36

"We have no time for your wordgames trajan. least of all taken place outside my mother tongue, can you provide for your men, or must we seek other methods?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:49

Trajan: I can. And I can provide coin for compensation. We remove any supplies from the land as we go, forcing the enemy to slow his advance. Then we reach the river. And we bridge it ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:54

"I do not agree with this plan of yours. By taking the town, we hold the bridge, and can force the enemy to attack across it, in the face of terrible defences."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 22:56

Trajan: I wasn't quite finished... once we have bridged the river and crossed it, we tear down the bridge again. This will force the enemy to halt at the river bank once they have realised what we have done, and go the long way around, to the closest bridge...here. * he points to it on the map* meaning once they have crossed, we will know exactly where they are coming, and exactly what route they will be taking. A straight line, along the riverbank, directly towards us... *he's grinning a little too hard now*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:02

"And how do you know my uncle will take the direct path? He will likely attempt to encircle us, this." He circles the town upon the kuphilla "Is why we must take and hold Amaraskt." He taps the centre of the circle he drew with his finger. "We can narrow the field to a bridge only a dozen yards wide."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:07

Trajan: simple. He cannot afford to just let us keep galavanting around unopposed and undefeated, he will want to reach us fast. Besides. *he taps the spot on the map he picked* Note the geography. River, then hills, with a narrow gap between. Forces an opposing army to march in column along it. Sprinkle in a little 'provocation' along the way, perhaps lighting raids on his column by cavalry...and the appropriate bait at the other end of the pass... perhaps a certain rebellious prince as a wonderful prize at the end, and he will march right into our hands. Your phalanx holds the front, Akari your and my cavalry rush in the rear to cut off escape, the rest of the army emerges from hiding behind the crest of the hill, thundering down along the entire line. They are taken by surprise, demoralised, flanked and trapped between our shields and the deathly waters of the river.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:10

"...I am loathe to ceed the advantage of the bridge, for your... questionable plan. This is not simply a campaign to me Trajan, i cannot try again next spring."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:12

Trajan: questionable?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:15

"The grand army is vast, truly. Too vast to be commanded singularly, my uncle will delegate, have the army split, and led by his sons in parts. They also outnumber our riders, especially in light horse. A trap detected before it is sprung, becomes a trap for the trapper."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:16

Akari: Numbers matter not. My riders will kill every scout they send after us.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:17

"You will not catch them. Your mounts are bred for size and weight of charge, not the speed and endurance of a kelthrovi stallion."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:22

The Cymraic prince watches his fellow leaders debate with much interest, studying the map from the tables edge. Looking upward he waits for a break in their debate before interjecting.

“If I may point out. Cymrai has long been the enemy of Kelthro, and only the Kelthrovi prisoners know that we are fighting together. I could take my forces and raze the countryside, driving the people into your arms.”

*Looking to Ket he flashes a slight grin as he takes on a more dramatic tone*

“The merchants could then hear of the mighty Prince Ket’Verahi driving away the Cymraic horde, and offering safety to those displaced. Our victory is then twofold, we deny the grand army any and all resources. They will be forced to march on empty stomachs, and should I poison the water they will be parched and unwilling to fight. You will then gain the support of the people and those that rule them, and we shall not have to spend a single coin.”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:29

Trajan listens straight faced through Mordred's idea. Towards the end, the corners of his lips prick into a smile.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:32

"...The advantages of this are too great to ignore, admittedly. Still, i take no pleasure in it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:33

"If we were supposed to take pleasure in war, it wouldn't be so gruesome."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:38

"Pillaging ones own people is not war."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:39

Trajan:"You're not"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:51

“You would be taking advantage of someone else pillaging your people, besides I can order my men to avoid needless slaughter. We kill those who fight back and force the rest to flee, fear will cement the deception in their minds”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-10, 23:57

"Enough, i give my consent to it."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:10

The prince nods and backs away slightly, returning to where he stood previously so he could watch them argue over what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:31

Trajan: good. Now, this will not only slow down our foe, but will frustrate them. Make them more likely to make a mistake, to make all haste directly towards us once they have the opportunity. Right into the jaws of a trap.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:33

Ket: "If the trap is discovered, you must make all haste to retreat, and form a battle line upon my flank."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:40

Trajan: of course.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:54

ket runs a hand across his freshly shaven jaw, and directs his attention back to the map.

The door swings open, admitting the last of their company, and perhaps the least welcome, with an immortal at their side, another watching from the doorway as they enter. Yennefasi Abbeba has discarded her light silks in favour of armour. She wears a long mail shirt, split at the legs to allow riding, and extending to her knees. Upon her chest, plates of steel, with curving kelthrovi script worked into the metal, are sewn into the mail. A single circular plate makes up its core, surrounded by dozens of smaller plates in the shape of crecent moons, chased in silver. Beneath it, visible at her collar, shins and cuffs, she wears a thick robe of fine yellow silk. "I was informed that i may find you here, and thought to find my orders here, as well."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 00:56

Trajan glances sideways at Ket as she walks in. Yennefasi notes the glare she is receiving from Akari's one eye.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2019-04-11, 01:05

She makes eye contact with Akari, and flicks the hilt of one of the two scimitars she carries at her hips, then turns her attention back to Trajan and ket.

Ket raps his knuckles on the map table. "We're to cross the river, and draw the grand army to battle." he looks up at trajan, with a slight edge of question in his eyes. "We'll have you on the flank, to exploit any weakness."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next