Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It begins

Go down 
+3
Gorath
cow-man
Nazamroth
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Azrok

It begins - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-05, 02:39

grados: but that fear led to the jedi to burn our planet it was they're last act and now we will have our revenge
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-05, 02:40

"Jedi?"
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-05, 02:43

grados: the so called peacekeepers of the galaxy peace keepers my ass
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-05, 02:44

"huh"
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-05, 02:47

grados: even my people have they're problems but we are beter then that bunch
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-05, 02:49

"Right"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 16:59

OOC: we're not OP, a mandalore, a CQC bug thing, a warrior woman and a victorian sniper
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 17:32

Ooc. You forgot the cowboy-amigo...
And i would say that bulletproof, weaknessness armors, and other shit ive seen go down, are OP as fuck...
Assume that my guy tried to kill goraths... Or shadows... Or pretty much anyone elses, except bushwookies... What chance would he have? 0.... Maybe if he tried dropping a boulder at them with some trap or something, but experience tells that they would either use sixth sense to save themselves in time, or just noped it...
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 17:35

OOC what chance would he have? against my one, get a bullet in the back of the leg or in the arm and my character has no defense. and she's strong but isn't very fast at all. she's average speed. she's got shinpads, kneepads, torso armour/shoulderpads, helmet and some chainmail under it. all of that other than the chainmale would be bulletproof. this leaves the front of her neck, and most of her arms and legs as targets
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 17:40

Ooc. And it just happens to be coincidence that i aimed my pistol at the one spot that should logically not be bulletproof but was...?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 17:41

OOC that's the back of the neck where she's got a curtain as you called it from the helmet protecting that. the front of the neck however is exposed
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 17:44

Ooc. ....you realise that thats the exact opposite of modern personal armor designs, right?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 17:58

OOC: and then there's mine.....in cloth, with a massively OP rifle and a sabre.

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 2014-06-06, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:01

modern armour
this armour was designed five thousand years ago
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:13

Ooc. ...you said its high tech armor...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:16

OOC I said the wrist thing was high tech. the only thing high tech about this armour is the material. it would be like if they made a full suit of armour out of captain america's sheild
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:48

Ooc. So lets get this straight... I was aiming pistols at chainmail? Regular old chainmail, just good material?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:53

OOC that's what's under the plate armour
no you were aiming at the back of the neck, where there is a plate curtain from his helmet
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:55

My guy has natural armour, plates of carapace, not strong at all but tough enough to protect against a knife or something similar, the only reason he survived the gunshot at the start was because he was wearing his armour, but he took that off because he dishonourd himself.

And he has no guns... He has non lethal webbing that is hard to break because it's elastic and strong.

And he has two small hand blades... which admittedly are made to kill humans, but that's it.

Apart from his good sense of awareness from the big eyes.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:56

Ooc. ...dude....just....why...
You give her heavy chainmail below the plate armor, where its useless weight, and put metal plates where she needs freedom of movement? What idiot would keep using such an armor?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:58

Ooc: they're people are in a medieval era... outlandish armour is the norm.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 18:58

no... the metal plates are in exactly the same place as lorica segmentata. she wears the chainmail below because in her universe melee combat is prominent and it protects against slashing blows
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:01

Ooc. What the hell is even a lorica segmentata?
And chainmail below plate offers minimally superior defense against impact, not slashing. But even that is negligible compared to the extra weight
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:02

Ooc: it's there as extra defence, made to stop sharp things from killing you.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:04

Ooc. Am i the only one who doesnt see weapons cutting through the plate armor, then being stopped by mail? If it can cut through the plate, it likely has enough power to cut through the mail...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:04

Lorica segmentata is the segmented roman armour
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:05

Ooc: better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:09

Ooc. Honus, do you realise how heavy armor is?
Knights often died in battle because they couldnt get up after being knocked over, simply because of plate armor weight.
Add a full mail armor to that, and he couldnt even walk... Not to mention fught...
In fact, i think there was a battle where the french...or was it the germans... Anyway, the plate armor knights simply sunk into the muddy ground...
Hell, one of our kings died because his armor pulled him to the bottom of a stream in battle...
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:12

Ooc: being a re-enactor I do, but I've never worn full plate armour; that's something I've yet to experience.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:13

OOC correct naz. however she is as strong as a space marine. not as tough, less armoured in places and much slower, but she is that strong
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:17

Ooc. ....is it even worth arguing? It will still make no sense to protect the neck so illogically, and leave the knees and throat vulneravle so illogically, but you will still do it anyway...
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:23

Ooc: meh, I can outrun her.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:26

naz you misheard me
I said the torso armour was pretty much lorica segmentata
i also said she does have shinpads and kneepads, but they only protect the front
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:32

Ooc. You also said that she is completely encased in armor, and that i need to shoot the aformentioned 2 spots to deal damage. Hence, why i assumed she wears full plate armor

On an unrelated note, if and when we get our minecraft modpack running, imma become a bloodmage... Its awesome... Basically, you can have a demon army obeying your commands, and thats just the tip of the iceberg...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:33

OOC no you are misenterpreting what I'm saying
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:37

So what does she have precisely?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:40

right
all her plate armour is made from a material exclusive to her universe. it is indestructable and can only be forged with the heat from dragon fire, and after it is forged it cannot be re-forged into something else
she has lorica segmentata upon her torso, a fully enclosed helmet including a curtain that protects the back of her neck, and plate gauntlets, kneeguards and shinguards. other than that she has plain old chainmale underneath
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:45

Ooc. Great. So i can shoot her anywhere other than plate armor and it will most likely go through the chainmail. I assume you are aware that chainmail is useless against piercing damage, which a bullet mostly does
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:46

OOC I am aware of that naz. I am fully aware of that.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:49

Ooc. Then why did you tell me that its only worth hitting the back of her knee or the front of her neck?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 19:51

I didn't. i listed them amongst the places that hitting her would work
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 20:22

dead
you're all dead
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 21:35

Ooc: what I do?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 21:47

OOC I dunno
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 23:08

OOC:REVIVAL SHENANIGANS
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 23:09

Ooc:I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-06, 23:09

OOC hello
IC my character trudges back over to the others
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-09, 03:53

OOC: I'm back!!

*is still on the roof, now watching a group of infected wildlife congregate*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-09, 10:11

OOC Hurrah!
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-09, 17:39

*turns and watches 'Simon' walk back*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-06-09, 17:55

OOC: oh look no one is online *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It begins   It begins - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It begins
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next