Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

cant say i expected this one...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

cant say i expected this one... Empty
PostSubject: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:24

....whats the idea?
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:25

OOC: I dunno

Ask gor, im just a peon
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:30

exactly what the name says
RP
set in mass effect universe
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:31

Yep. My character is a Turian ghost turned Merc.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:34

Ooc. ....uhm.... How, exactly? The reaper thing is kinda over, outside of that window its just a standard sci-fi universe, and inside said window, theres little time and a preset course of events
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:34

tis set before mass effect 3 foo
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:37

Ooc. ....i dont think this will work... We have like what, 1 year RP time tops?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:38

and before mass effect 2 also. have not clarified an exact time setting yet.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:50

...2 years between me 1 and 2, i think another half between 2 and 3. Lets round that up, and we have 5 years tops of ME story relevant plot time, without time warp shenanigans to help things along. What after that? We resort to the life of NPCs? O.o
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 20:52

Like I said we have yet to establish an exact time! for all we know we're gonna be doing it before mass effect one also!
all we know is we wanna do a mass effect RP, and stuff like the time setting is stuff we need to discuss before starting
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:03

OOC: I vote it starts within the 2 years of shepards death...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:23

If I may weigh in on this, I haven't even given thought as to a starting date and the bio I wrote for my Quarian character would chronologically have been created before the events of the trilogy so I'm not sure how that would factor into things.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:26

OOC:..Great...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:28

Further, there's no need to confine ourselves purely based on the trilogy. That would be like confining ourselves to one particular era in 40k. Hell, if we want to, this being a fan RP we can "fix" ME3's endings for all I care and continue to RP past the end of the trilogy. Hell, we can ever set the start of the RP to BEFORE the events of ME1.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:28

I think starting either before the trilogy or not long after ME1 would work
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:30

OOC: I like arkens idea actually where we can edit the ending.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:31

that we could do
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:32

Agreed. Also, if we use canon ME characters....we need to address the matter of Shepherd. Should he be an NPC that we share control over based on the situation (which could be a problem since it's unlikely we all went Paragon) or should just one person control Shepherd in that eventuality? If the latter I vote for myself to control Shepherd since separate sections for Non-40k RPs, especially Mass Effect, was my idea. *Insert poshy, high-born British troll face here*
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:33

OOC:..Why would we control canon characters?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:33

but arken, your shepard's chin is clearly not large enough!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:35

It's just something we may have to contend with depending on things. The thought only just occurred to me and I realized we may have to deal with it (need I remind you that back on FG, Gorath was running around as a canon Minotaur?).

Edit: In response to the bit about my Shepherd's chin, I used the default, pre-made career. I never custom made Shepherd. I just like his pre-made design a lot for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:36

my shepard is superior! him and his Bruce Campbell Chin!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:37

Um...............I don't factor chins into superiority....
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:37

OOC: Why not just keep the canon characters and the non canon characters seperate? Like we originally intended
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:38

then you do not know the secret to bruce campbell's power
though our shepards were probably similar
mine was a paragon soldier
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:41

Agreed. It was just a thought that occurred to me since in the past in regards to canon 40k characters we did see use of them in various other ways depending on the situation. Plus, ME is actually much smaller in scale in some ways so we may have to address the plot in our RP as it's unlikely for the events of the trilogy to go unnoticed, especially for our characters' groups (I'll be touching on the potential for independent factions that are not in the Terminus, example: Human factions that are independent of the Systems Alliance, the lore stipulates that there probably are such factions and Cerberus is one but Bioware never really gave it much thought aside from as few lore snippets).

Edit: And another edit because Gorath made a new post. I'm still getting used to the site interrupting the posting process when a post is longer than a few lines and then asking me to save it so it can actually make the post. And yes, Gorath, they probably were similar as my Shepherd was a Paragon Soldier as well.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:43

OOC: Paragade vanguard ftw
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:44

but mine had THE CHIN OF DESTINY
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:44

Um....chins are irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:47

OOC: Alright. And I still think that we shouldn't bring characters into this who are canon. ESPECIALLY not shepard.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:50

yeah not shepard. i mean if we do do it ambiguously cause there are so many different possible shepards it would be impossible to say which is THE shepard
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:51

Okay...but that presents one problem. You liked the idea of us editing the ending. We need to find a plausible work around then that does not involve interactions with canon characters (or at least, direct ones, we could do off screen ones without much of a problem possibly). We could just hand-wave editing the ending(s) but that doesn't sit well with me, especially since this is an RP. We could probably fit editing the endings into it some how (IE: Finding Prothean data that would alter the "Destroy" option and allow Shepherd to use it to destroy the Reapers without also destroying the Geth). And I agree that none of us should control Shepherd, my vote in that regard was just in case this RP did involve canon characters. Even in vanilla ME he's freakishly powerful compared to every other character regardless of his class.

Edit: And Gorath hit it on the head if we had people share control of Shepherd. In fact, even if just one person controlled him we'd have problems in some way.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:52

OOC: Off screen interaction....Sounds...Okay I guess...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 21:56

Honestly, it's the best I got and get's us around the problem of interacting with Shepherd and his crew. That doesn't mean we can't have characters interact directly with say...the Citadel Councilors (or their aids, for what little good they were canonically).
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:02

hey arken
i had an idea bout mass effect 3's ending and fixing it
but hyp aint convinced
wanna hear it?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:02

hey arken
i had an idea bout mass effect 3's ending and fixing it
but hyp aint convinced
wanna hear it?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:03

OOC: Im positive it couldn't happen
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:04

Alright, Gorath, speak.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:06

the leviathans. they killed one reaper and then did f*ck all
my thoughts are that during the end sequence of ME3 the leviathans are in psychic (or whatever it is) contact with shepard. when he meets with the catalyst, they confront him. since their species are its creators, i beleive that they wouldn't be dumb enough to not have a failsafe, but probably never got a chance to use it, so they activate it during the confrontation with the catalyst
thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:07

OOC: But they wouldn't be able to contact him without a leviathan artifact, which are to big for him to carry around
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:12

Um....conflicted. Canonically speaking I don't think they DID have a failsafe...that or the Leviathans are incredibly dumb and never used it. When the Catalyst turned on them they were powerless to stop it (going from the lore.......) and yet the Leviathan DLC says otherwise seeing as how they just flicked their proverbial wrists and took control of a Reaper and its associated forces. So either they had a failsafe and never bothered to use it (it seems that with the Leviathan DLC there were hints that with the Reapers defeated one way or another the Leviathans are now going to make their move) or they never had a failsafe to begin with because they were so prideful and never imagined their creation turning on them.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:13

I personally think they had one and never had a chance to use it
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:15

Except for the fact that the Leviathan DLC clearly shows that they still had access to technology that allowed them to wrest control of Reapers away from the Catalyst. Further, this endings depended on the Crucible docking with the Citadel and the former was made by the Protheans. And Hyperion I think is right about the Leviathan artifact bit. The Leviathans were massive, massive cuttlefish, but still massive.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:17

massive yes, but psychic
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:18

OOC: They can only control things in which are close enough to a artifact, but they obviously have a pretty large raise to be able to control the reaper who was in the lower atmosphere
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:19

OOC: *Rage not raise
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:21

But to psychically communicate with him  (again, I think Hyperion is right about this) he needs to have one of their artifacts with him which isn't possible since the artifacts are as massive as their creators if not more so. I think Hyperion meant "range" and that's not necessarily true given ME weapons. Hitting something in orbit is easy (hell, even today we can hit things in orbit with reliable accuracy). Hitting something on the other side of the galaxy is another matter entirely regardless of weapon type.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:22

the artifacts were about the size of a football.....
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:23

Oh....Really? Also, Hyperion, there's an "edit" function so you don't have to constantly make new comments to correct errors.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime2014-04-24, 22:24

yeah. dunno how heavy or dense they are but they're orbs the size of a football
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cant say i expected this one...   cant say i expected this one... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cant say i expected this one...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: RP stuff :: Mass Effect RP-
Jump to: