Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com

Go down 
+3
cow-man
Faelwen
Local Bat Enthusiast
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Faelwen

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-07, 14:44

Cogitation
-concentrated thought or reflection; meditation; contemplation
-the faculty of thinking
-a thought; desire or plan
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-08, 13:56

Fritter
-to squander or disperse piecemeal; waste little by little
-to break or tear into small pieces or shreds
-to dwindle, shrink, degenerate, etc.
-to separate or break into fragments 
-a small piece, fragment, or shred
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-09, 14:09

Interosculate
-to form a connecting link
-to interpenetrate; inosculate
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-10, 16:20

Dowie
-dull; melancholy; dismal
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-11, 22:13

Cicerone
-a person who conducts sightseers; guide
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-12, 14:16

Glut
-an excessive supply or amount; surfeit
-a full supply
-an act of glutting or the state of being glutted
-to feed or fill to satiety; sate
-to feed or fill to excess; cloy
-to flood (the market) with a particular item or service so that the supply greatly exceeds the demand
-to choke up
-to eat to satiety or to excess

Oh I wonder what this reminds me of. Was it a sin or something?
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-13, 14:29

Catchpenny
-made to sell readily at a low price, regardless of value or use
-something that is a catchpenny
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-14, 14:35

Periphrasis
-the use of an unnecessarily long or roundabout form of expression; circumlocution
-an expression phrased in such fashion
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-14, 14:55

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-14, 15:53

OOC damn right
It sort of boggles me and I looked at the definition too
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-15, 14:31

Mackle
-to blur, as from a double impression in printing
-a blur in printing, as from a double impression
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-16, 14:43

Internuncial
-serving to announce or connect
-Anatomy (of a need cell or a chain of nerve cells) serving to connect nerve fibers
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-17, 14:50

Astir
-moving or stirring, especially with much activity or excitement
-up and about; out of bed
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-18, 15:17

totidem verbis
-Latin with just so many words; in these words
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-19, 18:19

Afflated
-having inspiration; inspired

Last edited by Faelwen on 2015-01-20, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-20, 13:46

Stour
-British Dialect. a. tumlti; confusion; b. a storm
-British Dialect. blowing dust or a deposit of dust
-Archaic. armed combat; battle
-British Dialect. a time of tumult
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-20, 13:54

Very... steaming.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-21, 15:35

Pyrophoric
-Chemistry. Capable of igniting spontaneously in air
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-22, 15:32

Babelism
-a confusion, as of ideas, speech, etc.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-23, 15:20

Railbird
-any kibizer or self-styled critic or expert
-a horse-racing fan who watches races or workouts from railing along the track
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-24, 15:26

Alight
-to settle or stay after descending
-to dismount from a horse, descend from a vehicle, etc.
-to encounter or notice something accidentally
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-25, 19:07

Fiddlestick
-anything; a bit: I don't care a fiddlestick for what they say
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-26, 14:51

Subrogate
-to put into the place of another; substitute for another
-Civil Law. To substitute (one person) for another with reference to a claim or right
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-27, 14:14

Dalles
-the rapids of a river running between the walls of a canyon or gorge
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-28, 13:51

Cabotage
-navigation or trade along the coast
-Aviation. the legal restriction to domestic carriers of air transport between points within a country's borders
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-28, 14:17

........i would have assumed it means sabotaging your neighbours cabbages....
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-28, 14:56

OOC haha
I had the same thought almost
Something close to sabotage
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-29, 13:50

Soladity
- fellowship; comradeship
- an association or society
- Roman Catholic Church. a lay society for religious and charitable purposes
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-30, 14:19

Indemnify
-to compensate for damage or loss sustained, expense incurred, etc 
-to guard or secure against anitcipated loss; give security against (future damage or liability)
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-01-31, 17:47

Comminate
-to threaten with divine punishment or vengeance
-to curse; anathematize
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-01, 15:29

Nonessuch
-a person or thing without equal; paragon
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-02, 15:11

Mizzle
-South Midland and Southern U.S. to rain in fine drops; drizzle; mist
-South Midland and Southern U.S. mist or drizzle
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-03, 13:44

Brobdingnagian
-of huge size; gigantic; tremendous
-an inhabitant of Brobdingnag
-a being of tremendous; giant
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-04, 14:35

Winnow
-to separate or distinguish (valuable by worthless parts) (sometimes followed by out)
-to free (grain) from the lighter particles of chaff, dirt, etc., especially by throwing it into the air and allowing the wind of a forced current of air to blow away impurities
-to blow (chaff, dirt, etc.) Away by fanning
-to blow upon; fan
-to subject to some process of separating or distinguishing; analyze critically; sift
-to pursue (a course) with flapping wings in flying
-to fan or stir (the air) as with the wings in flying
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-05, 14:20

Succorance
-the act of seeking out affectionate care and social support
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-06, 13:47

Tenebrific
-producing darkness
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-07, 23:19

Epistolize
-to write a letter
-to write a letter to
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-08, 21:57

Solipsistic
-of or characterized by solipsism, or the theory that only the self exists or can be proved to exist
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-09, 14:05

Peacock
-to make a vainglorious display; strut like a peacock
-the mail of the peafowl distinguished by its long, erectile, greenish, iridescent tail coverts that are brilliantly marked with ocellated spots and that can be spread in a fan
-any peafowl
-a vain, self-conscious person
-(initial capital letter) Astronomy. the constellation of Pavo
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-10, 14:18

Commensal
-eating together at the same table
-Ecology. (Of an animal, plant, fungus, etc.) living with, or, or in another, without injury to either
-Sociology. (of a person or group) not competing while residing in or occupying the same area as another individual or group having independent or different values or customs
-a companion at a table
-Ecology. a commensal organism
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-11, 14:01

Sternutation
-the act of sneezing
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-12, 20:46

Skookum
-Northwest U.S., Canada. excellent; first-rate
-Northwest U.S., Canada. large; powerful; impressive
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-13, 14:41

Triskaidekaphobia
-a fear or phobia concerning the number 13
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-14, 15:09

Pigsney
-Obsolete. a darling
-Obsolete. an eye
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-15, 13:50

Belie
-to show to be false; contradict
-to misrepresent
-to act unworthily according to the standards of (a tradition, one's ancestry, one's faith, etc.)
-Archaic. to lie about; slander
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-16, 20:04

Polymathy
-learning in many fields; encyclopedic knowledge
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-17, 15:09

Ballast
noun
-anything that gives mental, morale, or political stability or steadiness
-Nautical. any heavy metal carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability
-Aeronautics. something heavy, as bags of sand, placed in the car of a ballon for control of altitude and, less often, of altitude or placed in an aircraft to control the position of the center of gravity
-gravel, broken stone, slag, etc., placed between and under the ties of a railroad to give stability, provide drainage, and distribute loads
Electricity. a. Also called a ballast resistor. a device, often a resisitor, that maintains the current in a circuit at a constant value by varying its resistance in order to counteract changes in voltage. b. a device that maintains the current through a fluorescent or mercury lamp at the desired constant value, sometimes also providing the necessary starting voltage and current
verb
-to give steadiness to; keep steady
-to furnish with ballast
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-18, 13:44

Thaumaturge
-a worker of wonders or miracles; magician
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-19, 15:31

Effulgent
-shining forth brilliantly; radiant
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-21, 20:56

Augur
verb
-to conjecture from signs or omens; predict.
-to be a sign; bode
-t odivine or predict, as from omens; prognosticate
-to serve as an omen or promise of; foreshadow; betoken
noun
-one of the group of ancient Roman officials charged with observing and interpreting omens for guidance in public affairs.
-soothsayer; prophet
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-02-22, 14:25

Glitterati
plural noun
-wealthy or famous people who conspicuously or ostentatiously attend fashionable events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com   "Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Word of the Day" as provided by Dictionary.Reference.com
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: Non-RP stuff :: Discoussions, arguments, announcements of arrival, etc. because I'm too lazy to look for people in every single topic...-
Jump to: