Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expanded Beginnings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Local Bat Enthusiast

Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:17

*Xavier blocks the flame with his shield while pushing towards him, he then blows a massive hole in the vorchas chest with his shotgun*
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:19

the vorcha screeches and charges him stabbing him with an Omni blade
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:20

*He fires another salvo as he gets charged*
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:22

the vorcha is bleeding to death but doesnt give up and manages to stab him once
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:23

*Despite his own wounds he is still able to fire his shotgun. Which he contiunes to until the vorcha is dead*
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:24

the vorch lies there dead but cathy is wounded from the shock
titan+ he's gone he disappeard
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:26

+Thats just peachy+
*He gets cathy out of the net*
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:27

the net disappeared when the vorcha died
ic
she's in pain
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:29

OOC: Alright
IC: +Titan, bring a skycar to these cordinates. Me and cathy are injured and I don't exactly think I can carry her to the car myself+
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:31

OOC: Has Gorath seriously not been on all day (according to the members list)? Wow....
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:31

OOC: No hes got family shit to do
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:33

OOC: Um...the thread just got split, and that's fine...but...dude, go look at the ME RP section. The last thread is locked and this got split up into a new thread.

Edit: It looks like maybe Nazamroth split the thread up? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:34

OOC: I know, it happened to the IG guard plot one aswell
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:34

Ooc. Wasnt me. I think 20 pages may be a limit. Ill look into it in the admin panel sometime
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:35

OOC: If there's a page limit that is...odd. The last thread went fine until it hit page 23 (I think).
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:36

Ooc. And now we have two topics. One 20, the other 3
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:36

OOC: indeed
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:38

OOC: Yeah...that's odd....Since I apparently am the author of both threads (this one is being credited to me, probably because I made the original thread) would it be a good idea to edit "Thread 2" into the title or just leave it as is? In fact...is it possible for non-Admins to edit thread titles?

Edit: Actually...I'm looking at the original Expanded Beginnings thread and the original Imperial Guard Plot thread and they both got split at 991/990 posts respectively. I wonder if that means there's a post limit (and the only reason I think EB Thread 1 has 991 posts is because Nazamroth is an admin and managed to post there because of admin powers).

Last edited by Chapter Master Arken on 2014-04-27, 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:39

Probably not. I have to do it from the admin panel too.
Goddammit, its impossible to find anything in all these topics... Shadow, you have that question somewhere that i asked? The one With the plot idea
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:41

OOC: I can look for it

But I want your eternal gratitude in return
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:42

Ooc. .... 30 secs of limited gratitude and we have a deal...
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:42

OOC: From naz

Ooc. Anyone interested in a plotline with ordinary people(not N7, not demigods, not elite mercs, nothing) put into extraordinary circumstances?
And just as importantly, only basic gear at best. They start out as unarmed civvies, maybe an officer with a pistol included at most. And no ridiculously good deals, no joining goraths mercs, or even cheap help from them.
A bunch of people trying to survive.
WHOS WITH ME?!

There I found it, I want your 30 seconds of gratitude
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:43

Right. Time starting now
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:45

OOC: It's an...interesting idea. Are you thinking of making a new thread for it or is it going to be tied to this RP?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:45

OOC: Yep. And it lasts forever.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:47

Ooc. Was thinking of ME specifically, but its true generally too
We always have at least trained characters who swiftly become demigods. Part of the reason why i dont do much thesedays is because im bored of this like hell...

It lasts for 30 secs shadow, as we agreed... So its technically over...
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:48

OOC: I never agreed to that

We posted at the same time before I could post something else!
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:49

OOC: So....a new thread for this RP focusing on everyday characters...could be interesting. I'll have to think about it but personally I think I'll focus on this ME RP for the time being. Also....about characters already being considered "elite" in this RP...hm...I'm not sure what to think about that but I see your point.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:53

Ooc. Honestly, didnt really plan to include you, seeing how youre barely on, and even then mostly when im asleep...
Intended it mostly for the "day shift", as i refer to it
And every char has armor, weapons, connections, cash, job, etc... I would say they are rather well equipped compared to actual nobodys

And shadow: " There I found it, I want your 30 seconds of gratitude"
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:55

OOC: YOU JUST EDITED THAT! ADMIN ABUSE! ADMIN ABUSE!
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:55

Ooc. ...if i edited that, i would have corrected the comma and period mistakes too...

Edit. Oh, and most importantly arken: they all have some sort of expertise that is useful for combat

Last edited by Nazamroth on 2014-04-27, 18:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:57

OOC:...If not you who? Because I know what I put
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:58

Ooc. Erm.... If you notice, it puts a line there saying that i edited it if i edit it...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 18:58

OOC: That's fine, Nazamroth. Honestly, I kind of get your point about "elite" characters but even in ME "elite" far from means invincible (I mean, Shepherd can die pretty easily for an "elite" so....). That and that's why I built my character the way I did. He's competent but he's only been a merc for four years so...to say he's lacking in some areas would be appropriate. I don't like the "entire cast of elites" idea either but at least in some cases it's justified, plus the first real fights involved Blue Suns, I mean, to call that a "fight" is really pushing it at that point.... (semi-XD)

Edit: Another shadow edit? Who else has Admin powers besides you an Gorath? Because the same thing happened when you and I had our argument. A new OOC appeared pointing you to my bit about fletchettes.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:03

Yeah, but say if the collectors attack a colony, a shepard or garrus will immediately get their weapons out, start shooting, help evac, etc, etc.
But if they are not there, how will the colonist being chased by giant flying bugs do? And if he escapes, what then? His life and every value he had has just been destroyed... He has to start from scratch... Much more interesting to RP than a shepard who just picks up another rifle and continues to fight
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:04

Ooc. ....that was me, arken... The edit said so... Then when you reacted, i answered that i did it to be sparing with thd comments and avoid making a new one for a single sentence...
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:05

OOC: Azrok, if you are reading this I intend on making a new thread for the N7 plot

To the rest of you: Have fun guys
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:08

OOC: Agreed, but at the same time you yourself admit the idea is a more general RP while this RP focuses on some "background" stuff for the ME universe. Plus, whether a lot of characters are truly "elite" or not may be up for debate as "elite" can be rather subjective. But on the other hand, maybe it's a matter of actually wanting characters that are competent and can actually hold their own without having a super-soldier like Shepherd backing them up (you have to admit, a lot of the characters that were not part of Shepherd's crew were immense idiots at times even for so-called "elites". Sometimes it was justified...other times not so much).

Edit: Ah, thanks for that clarification Nazamroth.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:11

OOC: Ignore what I said previously
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:17

Ooc. Elite compared to the norm. You think that civvies can use a gun too, after all these video games and all, but believe me, 90% doesnt even know how to hold them...
And these characters would not be meant to achieve great things. They would just be trying to survive. Because the 40k universe, the reaper war, etc is only about that. A struggle for survival, not some fable story. I decided to try it in the ME universe, because the 40k universe would just crush the weak-minded human civvies, as it happens all so often, and other races dont really have actual civvies.
I wanted to do a plot where even finding a non-fitting, pink, female armor is a godsent gift. You see how established goraths guys are. They basically say "this loot is below us. Keep it, new guy"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:20

OOC: I see your points and I agree with them but I'm not sure about that "This loot is below us" thing. It seems to be a more of "You earned it, keep it mentality" to me (plus I was genuinely surprised by that attitude, both IC and OOC).
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:23

Ooc. From what i read, your vuy wasnt doing that much.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:25

OOC: Honestly, he was trying to keep his head down. He's not cavalier about combat so he was taking his shots where he could. That and OOC I wasn't used to the new thread format yet and I was doing research into ME lore at the time so I was always missing the "new posts were created before yours, do you wish to edit your post" interrupt so that didn't help.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:27

Ooc. Yeah, so i was right and he didnt add much to the fight.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:32

OOC: Hey, he killed a few Blue Suns that could have proved troublesome! (Bars in the ME-verse are freakishly durable in fire fights! XD) In all honesty, yes, I agree it may have been a bit much but at the same time we're talking an established merc group (I mean....your "regular civives" aren't going to be found on Omega...at least, willingly, I hope) and my character is still inexperienced in a lot of ways so him being able to add an noticeable amount to a fight where he's surrounded by more experienced, not necessarily elite, just more experienced, fighters is.....it's hard to quantify. I'll talk to Gorath about this since I see where you're coming from but I think it's not as big a problem as you think it's going to be. Plus, again, this may come down to us, as fans, wanting characters that are actually competent for their implied skill level. In ME I always found that "elite" enemies (at least, named ones you actually talked to before fighting them) weren't much of a problem because they could be so incompetent. I mean, really, why would you think it's a good idea to fight the three people that just fought through at least three dozen guys to get to you. Being elite is more than just having good skills, it's about having the brains to realize when you're outmatched.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:37

Ooc. We are talking about the game where AI makes my teammates get stuck between two NPCs who stood too close... That, and plot.
And you know the saying: if you want something done right, do it yourself
And i dont say its a problem. I just find it boring. Weve been doing the same over and over for a year at least
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:40

OOC: The AI is...yeah, I wasn't talking about the AI and some of the interactions I was referring to were for side-quests so.....And I agree with that saying. As for it being boring....I do agree with you in some regard but it was just one incident of a character getting a new rifle (he was shocked but he's not dumb enough to turn it down! What idiot does that!? Hell, last night he even said he didn't want to stick around the Dark Void HQ and use up their supplies since he didn't earn it and I still don't think he's really "earned it" yet in some ways! This RP is still young! Give it a chance.)  Smile  
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:40

well heeey
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:42

OOC: Um...hey, Gorath. I guess you see the little discussion (and a rather civil one at that!) that Nazamroth and I are having....Um...You kind of see why we're talking about it? I think he does raise some good points. Also, you may want to talk to Hyperion. He's a bit...ticked since you didn't tell him you have plans for those N7s. He almost made a new thread for them alone and I had to tell him that you had plans for them.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:42

Ooc. Im giving it chances. I just notice early tendencies to turn to our usual ways, and try to warn against them before they get cemented and will not be changed, ever
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-04-27, 19:43

no I haven't seen it yet.
and me and azrok had plans for them from the start
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Beginnings   Expanded Beginnings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expanded Beginnings
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next