Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
+5
Marha
Chapter Master Arken
Dargoth
Azrok
Ortus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 12:26

"Indeed, that would leave us unable to fight the oncoming battles."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 12:48

"Ever so slightly"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 12:54

"As in it would at least decimate our troops."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 14:09

"Indeed"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 22:12

"We'd be fucked."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 22:19

"Exactly. So, keep Diana safe, and LI looked after."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 22:24

"That may be easier said than done, given they're both soldiers who rather like their jobs."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-27, 22:37

Trajan: well, we can do our best i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 01:49

a few days of quiet pass on the cymrai coast, no sign of the newcomers
then, one day
sails begin to appear on the horizon
many many sails
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 01:57

*The defence fleet has been on high alert from the moment war was declared and as such have already begun leaving port*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 01:58

the incoming ships are not in one unified formation
rather, a large number of small formations, each group consisting of several ships following directly behind one another
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:03

*The Cymriac fleet, consisting mostly of wooden galleys with iron rams begins to creep forward*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:04

as the ships come closer, the approaching fleet's formations seem to veer off to either side, parting around the cymrai ships
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:06

*The galleys immediately surge forward(Oars FTW) to intercept the now broadside on vessels*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:14

the ships have gotten a fair bit of distance between themselves and the cymrai ships now. however, then one of the groups on the starboard side turns towards the cymrai. they reach effective range and then turn, once again broadside on, and open fire, never stopping moving, each ship turning back away from the cymrai after firing, and getting distance once more
OOC so to represent the movement of the ships

\                                    |
 attackers-> )[fires that way->]   |  <-Defenders
                     /                                    |
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:16

*The cannonballs do minimal damage, either bouncing off the iron ram or simply holding the ship. Although the attackers are using a fairly good strategy, whenever they turn away the Cymriavs get closer as they haemorrhage speed by sailing into the wind*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:21

however, each group of the attacking fleet continues this attack manourvre, one at a time, from both port and starboard, some managing to circle around behind the cymrai fleet. any who try to pursue will likely be split off from the main formation, as the attackers strike from all sides like a school of piranha
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:25

*Unfortunately this only last for so long, and soon numerous vessels are rammed and sunk or rammed and boarded*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:29

in several occasions, due to unknown reasons, ships that have been rammed explode in a fiery detonation a few seconds after the ram collides, more than once taking the ramming ship with them
those who are boarded also end up getting more than they bargained for, as well equipped soldiers rally on deck to fight back the boarders
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:33

*Anything near the exploding vessels catch fire and subsequently exploded. The defending infantry find themselves confronted with lots of rather large and angry Cymriacs armed with axes, spears, boarding pikes, and other nasty instruments of war*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:38

said cymrai find themselves up against a similarly varied and dangerous arsenal, ranging from weapons they recognize, such as spears swords and axes, to ones they do not, such as the Billhook.
either way, the fights on these vessels more often than not grind to bloody stalemates

and it is around then, that a gigantic ship the admiral will recognize as the princess's begins to approach
the ship heads directly for one of the larger cymrai vessels, as a hatch in its prow opens, guns blazing on both sides
from the hatch, what looks like a barrel like nozzle extends, and from the end, a huge torrent of an unknown, flaming substance (think greek fire) spews out, consuming the cymrai ship in a blazing inferno
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:40

*The screams of the burning and dying full the air, drowning out the sounds of fighting as men of both sides burn. The Princess' vessel soon shudders violently to the left as it gets rammed by another large vessel (Dromon)*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:43

the ram has far less impact than one would expect, as a group of plate armoured knights leap from the deck onto the ramming ship before it can reverse, beginning to hack and bludgeon their way through the crew and defenders
as they do so, the flagship begins to reverse with the use of oars, bringing its prow weapon to bear on another ship, letting loose another gout of flame, as her cannons rip through a third ship, peppering it with gaping holes
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-30, 02:51

*The Knights suffer for their idiocy and are quite literally pushed or dragged off of the ship and into the water, where their armour drags them beneath the waves. More and more of the attackers fall prey to the highly manouvrable Cymriac Galleys and soon the battle descends into a series of close quarters fights and explosions with little to no room for the attackers to run*
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 12:14

one morning at the capital of Dracia they saw a highly decorated ship port on the ship with unknown sales and banners .the colors are black white gold with a dash of purple the sigil is an ivory tree with gold leaves and purple trimming the ship had carvings engravings and well decorated.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 12:53

the guards of the port watch it closely, but no ship intercepts it
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 13:19

the people on the ship are wearing highly decorated black plated armor , with ivory white trimming with gold engraving they seem to be following a woman in similar but more decorated with white dragons on the armor,
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 13:20

as stated above, none in the bustling port prevent the ship's passage
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 13:42

The female in the decorated armor seems to be talking to her guards then walks off the boat walking into the town keeping her helmet at her side a bag onher back with a wooden stand.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 14:00

two legio invicti greet her off the boat
"Halt. By order of the senate of dracia, we need you to identify yourself and state your business"
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 14:32

"Greetings , i am Vildka of The ivory isles and i come here to explore paint and document this land for out people."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 14:41

they look at eachother for a moment
"I have not heard of these isles...very well. Welcome to the city of dracia, Vildka. Be warned, we will be watching you."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:15

Ket: "The future of this continent potentially rests on it."
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:18

She bows in respect ."Thank you and i understand ,you two have a wonderful day!" she said happily beginning to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:24

the invicti, slightly confused, let her pass
she finds a great, beautiful, bustling city, with three hills at its center dominating the landscape. atop one, the senate building, of gleaming marble. atop another, the next, a grand cathederal, build from stone, and the bones of a mighty dragon. atop the third, a much darker building, a black fort of obsidian like stone which almost seems to crackle in the sunlight

Trajan: agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:24

OOC: *Sneaks in potentially unnoticed*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:27

OOC hey bushy
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:28

OOC: Hi
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:32

She walks to the senate building looking around the city and their people , it reminds her of her own home.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:33

OOC sup
IC as she approaches the senate building she sees more and more soldiers like the invicti, often accompanying officials
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:38

Ket: "Damn it this war is getting more complicated by the day."
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:38

a albino eagle flies from the ship and eventually finds her , landing on her shoulder , she then walks over to some of the officials smiling ."Greetings there, do you mind if i paint a portrait of this building and of the city ,It reminds me of home so much." she said to the officials in a happy tone.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:50

Trajan: you aren't wrong.

Senator: *slightly confused* um...go ahead, you do not need permission for that
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:51

OOC: nm, should prolly eat breakfast
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:52

Ket: "Enemies on every side, and trying to keep some of our best warriors away from fighting..."
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:54

"Thank you , this is my first time to this land and i am very eager to explore it, do you mind telling me about this place?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:59

Trajan: its never simple

Official: I'm afraid i've got too much to do. Go see the temple archivists, they'll be more than happy to indulge you
Back to top Go down
Azrok

Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:59

"And where may i find them?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 17:02

Ket: *he starts scratching his weeks growth of stubble, the well groomed, and well spoken man trajan first met in the halls of the north seemed miles away.* "A man can dream."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 17:20

Senator: the cathedral

Trajan: well, for now what's the plan then, prepare to fight the king?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2016-10-31, 17:35

Ket: "Yes, we assume he wont siege us, but better not to be caught out if he does."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next