Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

unrecorded sector

Go down 
+4
Nazamroth
cow-man
Azrok
Gorath
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
cow-man

unrecorded sector - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:31

Ooc: and we also don't know the implications of someone actually deflecting the bullet.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:40

no we don't. but we do know that the contact between the blade and the bullet would be minimal at most.
all that null does is remove the psychic aspect
meaning a really well crafted high quality sharp psychic sword VS bullet becomes really well crafted high quality sharp sword VS bullet
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:43

Ooc: for over the top bullshit fight the sword would cut the bullet in half, realistically the sword would be dented and or broken, but considering it's eldar made youd probably get away with a scrape.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:44

OOC again, the contact would be minimal. like less than a millisecond of contact at best
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:46

Ooc: take the scrape dammit! Or roll for it.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:46

OOC I'm using basic science here dude!
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:48

Ooc: this ain't basic, it's bullshit!
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:50

OOC No it is not
newton's law of motion
First law: When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by an external force.
Second law: F = ma. The vector sum of the forces F on an object is equal to the mass m of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector a of the object.
Third law: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:51

Ooc: my God, the sword would take damage.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:51

OOC It would if it had continued contact. the contact would be so minimal it would be negligible
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:52

Ooc: it would.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:52

OOC A negligible amount dude
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:53

OOC hell you would get more damage to the sword from it colliding with another sword
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:54

Ooc: well thats obvious. But that doesn't mean that deflecting a bullet doesn't have any effect on the blade.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:55

OOC I know, but as I said it would be negligible so this whole disagreement is pointless because any damage would be so little as to have no effect on anything that happens next
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 10:59

Ooc: just don't do it too much.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:03

OOC don't do what too much? use science?

Newton's third law of dynamics
When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.
the force from the blade upon the bullet would be more than enough to knock away the bullet. however due to the blade's much greater mass than the bullet, the force upon it relative to its mass would mean that almost no damage would be done
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:06

Ooc: don't deflect bullets too much.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:06

OOC *shrugs* you do realize some eldar are fast enough to dodge a bullet matrix style right?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:09

Ooc: you do realize the matrix did a jar jar binks on itself?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:10

OOC wait what
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:11

Ooc: the second and third films.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:12

OOC haven't seen em
and that wasn't my point
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:13

Ooc: for the sake of your mind don't do it.

And I'm pretty sure that eldar aren't fast enough to do bullet time.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:14

OOC they are. well some are, like wyches
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:15

Ooc: alright... because they get a 5+ invun?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:16

OOC 4+ in melee actually. and no, going from books like path of the archon and path of the incubus
also stuff like how lelith hesprax has a fifty fifty chance of dodging a sodding lascannon
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:19

Ooc: that's cos she's that fast, the fastest of the fast.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:19

OOC yes she is. and going from tabletop most wyches can still dodge a bullet
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:20

Ooc: I think they dodge where the guns aiming and not the bullet itself.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:21

OOC the effect is the same
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:21

Ooc:yes.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:22

OOC well then
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:25

Ooc: what you gonna be in Faes thingi? I is a rookie arbite ye.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:26

OOC I am still debating
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:28

Ooc: why not be a scion, you like them don't you?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:29

OOC maybe, not enough personality to them to RP as really
maybe...ooh I know
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:29

Ooc: yeees?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:30

imperial guard vehicles and equipment can vary depending on what world they're from right?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:31

Ooc: yes.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:32

how about...an armoured airship?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:33

Ooc: remember that were facing a enemy that can mess around with electronics and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:34

OOC airships don't use electronics do they?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:34

Ooc: what do you think they use? Steam power?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:35

OOC yeah depending on the exact design
and they use air
in the bigass balloon
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:35

OOC just watching you guys discuss... stuff
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:36

Ooc: is a zeplin allowed?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:36

OOC IMPERIAL ARMOURED ZEPPELIN!
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:40

Ooc: indeed
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:41

OOC with cannons and flamethrowers n gatling guns n shit!
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2014-05-22, 11:42

Ooc: and then someone shoots the balloon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unrecorded sector   unrecorded sector - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

unrecorded sector
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next