Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
+4
Sir BushWookie
Faelwen
Chapter Master Arken
Gorath
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Empires of Ashes - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 22:49

she goes over to kenshin
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:04

*He turns back to the fire.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:06

after a minute she goes to find joachim
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:09

*He's sharpening his blade.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:10

"hello"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:11

Joachim *not looking up from his work.*: Gutentag.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:12

"A fine blade"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:15

Joachim: Mm. Some of the best steel in Brigard.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:16

"what do you call it?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:17

Joachim: This? A long sword.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:19

"ah. are they common?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:19

OOC: hang on....they're Line infantry armed with long swords? European officers used sabres and a pistol
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:21

OOC: Joachim's not line infantry. Hell, most of his expedition isn't. Only five of them have the rifled muskets.

IC:

Joachim: Yes, though you'll rarely see them in daily life, outside of war anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:22

OOC maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt
steeeeeeaaaaaaaaaam
IC "oh?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:26

Joachim: A sword's not good for anything but killing men. Men are the least of our worries in Brigard.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:28

"true"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:29

Joachim: So, is there something you needed?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:34

"I...did not know the reality of your home. I am sorry for my ignorance"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:35

Joachim: Why are your people always apologizing for things you couldn't have possibly known?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:37

"It is a matter of honour"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:38

Joachim: Ah......Honor...A fine way to keep dinner party civil, not so useful on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:39

"honour here keeps war with the soldiers and not with the civilians"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:42

Joachim: Tell that to the Brigardi that have been slaughtered by so called "honorable" warriors from Dracia and the Thengul clans mad enough to raid us. There is no honor in war. Never has, never will be.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:45

"Lands outside voldamia do not beleive in honour. Here, war is the matter of warriors and only warriors"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:47

Joachim: The Dracians would disagree with that. They would argue that they have honor, but that it only matters in their civil wars. Let's face it, honor is just a way of making war sound noble and grand.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:48

"Dracian honour is an oxymoron"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:50

Joachim: So is Thengul honor. Or Kelthrovi honor. It's why my people don't have any. We're not so embarrassed by our atrocities that we have to mask them behind honor.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:53

"Outsiders do not know true honour....no offense"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:55

Joachim: Then please, explain what "true honor" is.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:56

"true honor is having a warrior people and constant internal war, with at most a hundred civilian casualties in nearly a thousand years"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-08, 23:59

*He laughs.*

Joachim: That's all well and good when you don't have to worry about rival empires and when you can force it, but when rivals start to eye your territory, honor does you no good. And let's be honest, when a city is taken, it is almost guaranteed it will be sacked and the populace slaughtered. No amount of honor prevents that.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:06

"No voldamian blade is willingly sullied with innocent blood"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:07

Joachim: I will believe that when I see it.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:08

"how can you see that which doesn't happen?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:12

Joachim: You can't, it's as simple as that. And it is rare that a conquering army is as merciful as you make those of your people out to be, given how many clans are constantly warring with each other.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:21

"it is the benifit of the caste system"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:24

Joachim: Slaughter doesn't discriminate.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:33

"where you're from maybe. where you're from you dont know your family history"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:37

Joachim: Because we're to busy trying not to starve to death when the snows bury entire cities. You'd have trouble knowing who your great grand aunt fucked into your family if you were in our situation.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:38

"and we'd likely have trouble upholding our honour in your situation"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:45

Joachim: Upholding your honor would only make things worse. Believe me, where I'm from, if you're fighting an honorable fight, you did something wrong when you engaged your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:46

"You've missed my point"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:47

Joachim: And that point is what, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:50

"the obvious point that our cultures are different largely due to location"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 00:58

Joachim: Ah. Well, you've made your point. So what? I'm not likely to change my mind when it comes to "honor" anytime soon, and neither are you. But tell me...Out of which of our nations, one that holds to honor and one that doesn't, which one has had actual success at making Dracia suffer? *Sly grin.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 01:02

she grabs her kanabo handle
"*angrily*Careful brigardi"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 01:07

*Joachim is still wearing a sly grin as his blade casually falls to his side in manner that would allow him to defend himself if need be.*

Joachim: What? I simply asked a valid question.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 01:09

"and your 'valid question' disrespects the graves of my ancestors"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 01:16

Joachim: Kind of hard to disrespect someone that's not alive anymore. If you want respect when you're worm food, do something worth respecting before you're dead. But if you died having lived your life with nothing worth respecting, why should I care? If you want me to respect your ancestors, then I'm afraid it's to late for them. But if you want my people to respect you when you're dead, then stop fighting Dracia with "honor" and start breaking them over your damn knee!
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 01:20

"What do you know of it?! the last time you fought dracia was centuries ago! My father, my mother, my brothers, all lie dead, their remains scattered on the battlefield, due to the dracian war machine you disrespectful swine!"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2015-11-09, 01:26

Joachim: Yes, and what did their death's amount to? Lost territory for your people and hopeless battles. They died before they even reached the battlefield. If you fight Dracia honorably, you will lose. Every. Single. Time. Why did my people win centuries ago? Because we didn't fight with honor. We didn't just charge them. We unnerved them. We out maneuvered them. We used their own view of us to our advantage. The men that died centuries ago died so that no Brigardi land lived under Dracian yoke. What has your family died for, but prolonging the inevitable? If your people are so blinded by their honor, then maybe it's time to let it go so you can truly see what is happening!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next