Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:20

"I have been to the homes of the traitor legions, where damned souls gather and reality itself buckles and decays. I have been to the dead worlds of the eldar, overrun with the ghosts of their race, and the daemons that seek to devour them. I have walked the ashen ground of Istvaan, Prospero, Olympia and Monarchia. I have DIED Laurence. None of this can scare me anymore. Not you. Not them. I am going fucking nowhere."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:23

He stops in the doorway. "Then stay and die. I only hope that, for his own sake, Tyren does not stand by you until the end." He grunts, remembering something, and whistles through his teeth.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:25

"So now you're willing to cut and run? You weren't when the iron warriors came, but NOW standing and fighting is the wrong choice?!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:25

"I'm not running. You're getting to safety. I'm punching the hole."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:26

"Laurence what the hell is wrong with you? Since when were you some martyr?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:28

"I'm not going to die, damnit." He spits with a snarl.

The door at the back of the room cracks open, and a familar daemonic face pokes its head around the corner, and wrinkles its nose at the stench of ichor, but keeps her mouth shut hearing the argument.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:29

Lyanna: you are. We can't win, you know that.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:31

"We can, and we fucking well will." he turns back around, and beckons sidonai over. "Now i am going to cut a hole in that line, far from the titan, and the strongpoint. You're all going to mount up in the chimeras, and roll through, then i'll keep them off while you make good. Anyone who argues, i'll kill myself. Am. I. Clear?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:36

"This plan in no way accounts for the fact the chimeras will be in the open and the enemy has total air superiority..."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:37

"Staying here means you all die. This gives us a chance."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:38

"And getting strafed by gunships in the open is a chance is it?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:38

"I'll deal with it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:39

"How?!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:40

"I destroyed voidships, you think gunships are beyond me?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:41

"I think they'll realise, wait till you've pulled back, and hit us in the open a while after we've broken through the line and you aren't there to help."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:42

"That gives us an opening."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:43

"No, it just means anyone in the chimeras still dies before they get there."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:46

"AGH!" he punches the wall, but unlike last time, the stone cracks, not his bones. "THEN WHAT DO WE DO? WE CAN'T STAY, WE CAN'T GO!"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:49

"Do you get it yet?! We could never fucking win this!!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:51

Laurence grinds his teeth, and punches the wall again, dust and chips of stone flying. "I'm going to slaughter every fucking one of them, All of them..." He turns towards the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:52

"You'll die trying laurence. You know that."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:54

"What other choice is left."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:55

"Maybe if we last long enough, someone shows up. Or maybe we find a way to get out. Maybe."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:57

The officer reaches forward and grasps the mans hand tightly before giving it a firm shake.
“Have anti air batteries ready, we’ve had drakes orbiting our ship for the past hour”
Behind the pair a young vox officer kneels down and begins talking into his headset, the mans voice a quiet murmur compared to the booming voice of his superior.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 03:59

"We can't stay here. They know where we are. They'll just dig a hole with lance fire. I can't be in the same place."

He shakes in return. "That, i can do. Viktor Strauss, Colonel, or so i'm told."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:02

Lyanna: if they wanted to do that, they would have already. They want to try this conventionally. We're that fucked, they're using us as live fire training for fucks sake.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:08

"I refuse to die, lying down, waiting for someone to save us."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:08

"You die either way, what difference does it make?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:10

"How many i take with me."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:10

"They'll always have more laurence."!
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:14

"I'll butcher so many they'll remember... Then i'll go for khorne's throat."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:15

"This is the iron warriors, laurence. There's always more. They won't care. They'll barely register it."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:18

"We'll fucking see..." He snorts. "There are nuclear weapons... The codes are downstairs, drawer is labelled three D. Set them off when you feel the need."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:19

Lyanna glances around, judging the mood of the room and if she's the only one who thinks laurence is making a mistake
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:20

“Arteras Cybutus, platoon commander. How many men do you have under your command?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 04:23

Tyren: "I sought death on the field many times... Now is not yours, Laurence. Do not be rash."

Viktor: "Now you're asking... It's a militia, so, can't put a number on it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 22:48

Lyanna: I have died laurence. It's not pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 23:07

Laurence: "I imagine the pantheon will squabble over my soul. It should at least prove... interesting."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-17, 23:32

Arteras: “I see, we number approximately 1000 men with support from a Malcador armoured company, and a half strength Company consisting of Leman Russ Battle Tanks.”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 00:21

"I'm not goddamn joking"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 00:43

Viktor: "Thats good. We've precious little real armour. Mining vehicles will do the trick to a point, but they wont stand to a real tank."

Laurence: "I don't imagine death to be enjoyable. But noone is coming, Lyanna." He waves dismissively, as if to bat down her arguments. An interesting gesture made by a 9 foot ursine beast. "Even if charles and Tyren's brothers were here now, and not in weeks. It would make no difference."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 00:44

Lyanna: They could get us out.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:03

Arteras: “Unfortunately the enemy has void and air superiority. Tell me, how sturdy are your tunnels? And how deep do they go?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:07

Viktor laughs heartily. "Oh they go deep enough. And we've not had a collapse in fifty years." There's an obvious edge of pride in his voice.

Laurence: "Getting out is good. Breaking the fleet is better."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:16

"And one of those things will be actually possible"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:26

Laurence: "With that Gloriana in orbit, A company of astartes, and charles' deathwatch besides... We might be able to do more than you think."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:27

"If we only count astartes, they'd still outgun us, and then outman us four to one. And that's not coutning the auxilia. Or the chaff."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:30

Arteras allows a slight grin to creep up his lips and nods gently “They may be put to the test soon. If we can’t rendezvous with other native forces we’ll be forced to prepare and garrison your tunnels.”

Many kilometres away their dropship is being loaded up, tanks are docked inside, the men dismantle their fortifications. Slowly but surely every last brick and bag will be swept back into the craft so it can make the short hop to the Promethium rig.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:36

Laurence: "With Charles here, as well as me, and his little arm ornament, chaff will not be an issue. Neither the auxillia, most likely." Laurence's spirits appear to be raising somewhat, likely as another plan forms in his mind.

Viktor: "That's what we've been put to. Turning the tunnels into a bloody labyrinth."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:36

Lyanna: I beg your pardon?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2019-01-18, 01:42

Arteras: “My men will line the tunnels with pillboxes and mines, all you need to do get us a hololith with the tunnel layout. What power supply do you use here? Fusion reactors? Plasma?”
The officer speaks as if such generators are a common and easy to acquire technology, seemingly blind to the nature of life on a planet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next