Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:41

"You are not Dracian, but you fight for them. You fight in your own way, and they pay you for it. But at the end, they give you citizenship and your pension, correct?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:42

"Aye, and that aint nothin like mercenary work lass. We aint Dracian, but the empire's still our home. We aint citizens, but we'll die to defend it, understand?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:43

"Ah I see. You've been seduced by the cause." She shrugs
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:48

she frowns
"Havin somethin more important ta fight from than a bag o coins is bein seduced now is it?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:49

"Coin gives one the freedom to make their own way. Not tied to the highborn and their politicking."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:51

"Coin makes you fickle. Corrupts ye if yer not careful. Means yer willing to work fer cunts like these southern slavers."
*she notes that last statement is somewhat accusatory*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:53

"These southern slavers are my people, I was raised here. To you, what seems a harsh and brutal trade, to me... It is but a part of life."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:55

she shoots Yenn a look, her eyes stabbing like daggers.
"Might wanna keep quiet about that round 'ere. Some of us have been on the receiving end of yer southerners' whips, and just might still have scars from it."
the implication behind 'us' is obvious
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 00:59

"Not to say I like it, but when one lives with the threat of it." She shrugs "It fades into the back. Simply do not become a debtor, and be deft of blade. It is how things are to be lowborn in kelthro."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:00

"Aint always that simple, is it lass?" her words are dripping with venom and restrained anger now. A moment later, she closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath, calming herself.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:04

"Life is as simple as we make it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:04

"Ever felt a whip's bite lass?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:09

"It has been attempted."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:12

Theresa pauses eyein yenn up and down. her expression has changed somewhat, but its almost impossible to read. A smirk emerges on her lips.
"Maybe one day I'll show ye what it's like eh?" *she gets back to walking*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:25

"I cut down the man who tried..." She narrows her eyes a little, then raises an eyebrow when she realises the possible implications.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:30

"'s the trouble with men eh? Don't know how to handle lasses like us." She winks before turning back to the path she's leading Yenn down
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:31

"...Just so." She follows.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:45

"So, first up we got the 'lancearios'." they reach a group of tents. She sees men and women in what appears to be scale armour, sparring with eachother. She sees each holds an oval shield, wields an infantry spear, and has a longsword at his or her hip."They're the most common of us. Heavy spearmen. Not as heavy as the legionaries, mind, but still damn tough."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:52

"I see."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:54

"Tougher than they look too. Here, look at my armour." she gestures to her own scales
"What'd ya say I'm wearin?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-27, 01:58

"Scale, padding, perhaps mail."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:32

she grins
"How bout all three?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:38

"Just so." She turns from watching the sparring match, back to Theresa. "You will find little amongst my warriors to fill this role. If you wish to pair us with your own similar forces, you would be better suited showing me to your lighter fighters."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:39

Theresa: makin my way through em lass. Don't get all impatient on me eh?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:48

She shrugs "Dracian armies seem to have a never ending supply of names for their soldiers. When most can be defined simply as legionaries with." She motions with her hand in circles in front of her face, like she was drawing words from her lips. "Such or another weapon."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:50

Theresa raises her eyebrow
Theresa: ya mean ta tell me that one of the main things that makes soldiers different ta' eachother is having different weapons n shit? Fuck me, yer a bloody military genius aint ya
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:54

"Unimaginative, that is what you are. A soldier is not what he is, because of his sword or spear. Take my swords, give me a spear, and dress me as you. It will not make me a... lanceario" she takes some time to pronounce the unfamiliar word
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 00:57

Theresa: aye, but you wanna have men form up n face cavalry armed with shortswords, or dya wanna give em shields n spears? Yer equipment determines what yer good at in the field, lass. Besides, 's more than that that separates us from the legionaries.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:03

"I would rather not take the charge. But such things seem beyond men such as Consul Trajan." There's an edge of quiet distaste in her tone. "But that is not to speak of now. Tell me how you differ from" Again she gestures as if to tease words from thin air
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:06

Theresa: *pauses at the first part* Ya ever seen what happens when horsemen crash into a line o men with spears who've got the balls to hold formation against em? They die, lass. They die a lot. 's when ye break formation to try n get away from em that they'll get ye.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:10

Yenn reaches behind her back, and pulls something from a small leather pouch. Four spikes, spaced equally from eachother to form a gruesome implement. "This is how you halt a charge of horse. Because otherwise, the horse will charge into your back. Because you have not enough men to stop them. I have seen it. To charge a phallanx is death, true? But to charge its rear? Slaughter to the spearmen."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:11

Theresa: need to actually get behind em first. Ya don't deploy infantry unsupported against someone with cavalry, 's basic shit.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:17

"Unless you can make a wall of spearmen to cross the whole world, horses will come behind you. And even if you do, someone will put horses on a boat, and be behind you."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:18

"The fuck you talkin bout, did someone invent boats that sail through the land or somethin?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:24

"It was a metaphor. If a wall of men crossed the world. You could still sail around it, because men cannot stand in the sea."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:25

Theresa:.... you do know what i meant by 'supported' right?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:34

"Your own cavalry, yes, yes. But that is why your leaders have hired me, and begged the support of the voldomanians, correct? For dracia's cavalry are truly rather dire."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:48

Theresa pauses
"You ever actually fought against the empire lass?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:48

"Once. I tend to avoid such large conflicts."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:50

Theresa: then I'll excuse yer ignorance on that front. Yer right bout one thing there. Proper Dracians are almost universally shite horsemen. 's why they leave it to us. And we're anything but shite.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:52

"It continues to baffle me how Dracia managed to control such territory, when its natives are such poor soldiers."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:54

Theresa: if they're so poor lass, why're ya scared of fightin em? *she chuckles, its clear she didn't quite mean it* They're some o the best commanders n heavy infantry ye'll ever fight, lass. Don't let yer confidence get the better of ye. The legions'll grind ye underfoot if ya do.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:54

"It is true, that you are best to never fight a legion face to face."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:55

Theresa: they got a lot of legions. They'll always corner ye eventually.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:56

"Such, I am reduced to fighting for them, with only the token presence of the boy prince for justification."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 01:57

she chuckles
"cheer up lass, better to be on the winning side eh?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 02:05

"Likely, though i consider the winning side in most circumstances, the side with the silver and good thought to hire me."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 02:06

Theresa: well, apparently that's us eh?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 02:07

"Dragonscales, in actuality. But that is of little consequence."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 02:09

"Anyway. You wanna see a good way o' dissuadin cavalry from gettin up yer arse?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2019-04-28, 02:15

"Show away."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next