Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fact of the day!

Go down 
+2
cow-man
Local Bat Enthusiast
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should I contiune this if anyone sees it
Yes
Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Local Bat Enthusiast

Fact of the day! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-08, 21:46

uh uh?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-08, 21:49

Yeah, they really do.

Basically, the exact same as a necron warrior, but with 2 more attacks, with deep strike and infiltrate.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-08, 21:51

OOC aye, I heard this flak from Gorath how they're the "2nd worst unit" now
I forget the worst

Edit: remembered the "worst" was mandrakes
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-08, 21:52

Yeh
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-08, 21:54

Mandrakes are pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:44

They aren't as bad now

Apparentlly

But they are pretty bad
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:45

You know what unit is really bad?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:50

what
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:54

Harlequinns
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:55

Harlequins are the best unit in the game retard

What the fuck are you on about

You have to roll to see them
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:55

Got killed by 5 wyches with normal gear.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:56

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaha

*Hits head off table until cracks open skull*
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-09, 21:57

Wychs suck now.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-15, 20:11

The Sisters of Silence were an all-female Imperial order of Witch Hunters. They were active during the time of the Great Crusade in the early 31st Millennium, and their purpose was to hunt and kill rogue human psykers whose activities presented a terrible danger to the people of the newborn Imperium of Man. Also known as the Silent Sisterhood and the Witchseekers, they were the militant arm of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica and were referred to internally within the records of the Adeptus Terra as the Departmento Investigates. The ultimate fate of the Sisters of Silence is not found in Imperial records, and no references to their continued existence in the era of the 41st Millennium exists. It is believed that they were either destroyed long ago or were ultimately folded into the organisation of the Imperial Inquisition. The Sisters of Silence's primary base of operations was the Somnus Citadel on Luna, the moon of Terra.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 10:40

OOC. ....and? did you just quote the wiki or something? i mean this fact is pretty obvious to anyone who ever read the horus heresy books
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:06

1) wyches are the same now pretty much, they don't suck
2) mandrakes are actually good now due to being as sneaky as a damn stealthsuit and having rage
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:24

That sounds more like mandrakes now
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:26

yep
me likey :P
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:46

Wyches suck now because they are still as squishy before, and they lost the ability to take out tanks with haywire grenades.

Have fun with those 5 up invuns when you get hit with 30 shots.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:48

4+ actually
and they're still just as good at wiping out infantry as ever
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:50

Bam dead.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:51

meh
as i say i still think they're good
although reavers are the best anti infantry melee unit with maybe the exception of incubi now
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:52

Yeah, it's weird how the unit that didn't sell so well got a massive cheese boost.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:53

what reavers? I disagree
they were amazing before
they're amazing now
just at doing something different
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:54

They were passable before, the only reason you'd take them was the fact they moved so fast with haywire grenades.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:54

nonononono
before they had a goddamn 3+ jink and a 36" turbo boost and killed shit really fuckin easily just by moving over it
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:55

If you say so, I killed em 3rd turn with a simple mop up.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:56

what did u kill em with?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:57

A turn of shooting followed by assault marines charging them.

It's really easy.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:58

ah
that explains it
back then they sucked in melee
hell now they're only good in melee if they get the charge
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:58

Mmm hmm.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 14:59

btw i posted in the 40k fanfic thing
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 21:35

- EXORCISTS -

The Exorcists were created during the 13th Founding, the so-called "Dark Founding" which occurred sometime between the 35th and 36th Millennia, before the start of the Age of Apostasy. The Exorcists were Founded as part of a highly-classified Imperial experiment to create Space Marines who were unusually resistant to daemonic possession and Chaotic corruption. As part of their initiation into the Chapter each Exorcists Astartes had actually been forced to serve as a daemonhost for a short time before having the foul creature expelled back to the Warp by the intervention of an Inquisitor.

The details of the Chapter’s Founding are not simply lost to the mists of time, however, for they have never been accessible to even the highest ranked individuals. All that can be ascertained is that the records were sealed at the express and irreversible order of one of the High Lords of Terra—none other than the Inquisitorial Representative on the Senatorum Imperialis. This has led some to postulate that the Exorcists were created on the order of the Inquisition, or perhaps as a result of their counsel. What dark mission could require the founding of an entire Space Marine Chapter is unknown, but certainly, the Exorcists are quite unique in many regards.

The Exorcists adhere in most ways to the precepts of the Codex Astartes, the only notable difference being the fact that they maintain not ten, but twelve companies. Instead of just a single Scout Company, the Exorcists maintain two extra for a total of three, and while the reason for this divergence has never been openly explained, it is thought to relate to the esoteric and arduous selection processes the Neophytes are subjected to. The exact nature of the Chapter’s training and conditioning remains a mystery to the wider Imperium for good reason, but there are some Imperial savants who have correctly surmised that the Neophytes are deliberately exposed to contact with the foul denizens of the Warp in the hope that they will be made strong by the process, or killed by it. If true, this would certainly account for the high numbers of Neophytes who, for whatever reason, do not survive service in one of the Scout Companies to become full Initiates of the Chapter. This is largely speculation, for if such a practice were to be brought to light, not even a Chapter of the mighty Adeptus Astartes would be free from prosecution by the Inquisition for such a crime.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 21:39

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 21:40

And they said I copy and pasted it from the wiki...PFF...
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-16, 21:40

... nah.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 12:35

...Okay so today I really can't think of a new fact..so..uhm...

OLLIE! DANCE FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT PEON
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 17:36

*dances*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 17:37

yoyoyo
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 17:57

OOC took his bloody time to dance
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 21:26

Good boy
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 22:16

Fact of the day: Stephen Hawking is getting a movie: The theory of everything
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 22:18

Your argument is invalid
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 22:20

-_-

Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 22:23

Wooohoo!

Anyway

Fact about salamanders

- The Promethean Opus -

The Promethean Opus is a text sacred to the Salamanders and to all the people of Nocturne that contains the original story of how the Emperor of Mankind first came to their world. The Opus recounts the legend of how Vulkan was reunited with the Emperor. It is written that when the Emperor came to Nocturne, he did so in the guise of a stranger during a great festival. By tradition, such celebrations included numerous trials of strength. Knowing that Vulkan’s pride would prevent him from serving another, the Emperor challenged Vulkan, declaring that the loser must declare his eternal fealty to the winner. The resulting challenges saw the stranger and the Primarch perform deeds that no mortal could replicate, forging weapons in rivers of fireblood, carrying anvils across lava deltas and more. The contest culminated in a hunt for the largest salamander -- the giant firebreathing lizards that roam Nocturne's mountains -- and returning with its body. Vulkan slew a gargantuan beast, but as he returned, ill-fate beset him as Mount Deathfire erupted. He was flung from the edge of a precipice, where he clung by one hand above a lava flow, the other hand grimly holding onto his prize. Only by abandoning the carcass could Vulkan save himself, yet he refused to do so, even as his strength ebbed. And then the stranger appeared, dragging behind him a salamander even larger than Vulkan's. Seeing the Primarch's plight, the stranger cast his own prize into the lava to form a bridge before lifting Vulkan up and saving him. Upon returning to the settlement, Vulkan was declared the winner, for the stranger had returned empty-handed, but it was the Primarch who knelt before the stranger, saying that any man who valued life over pride was worthy of his service. In honour of that day, the Chapter's Scout Marines endure trials that echo those of Vulkan and the Emperor, and are only inducted into the ranks as full Battle-Brothers after they hunt and slay a Nocturnean salamander.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-18, 22:33

I guess they don't get many new marines.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-19, 18:47

Saul Tarvitz, known in Imperial historical texts as The Honour of His Legion, was an Astartes line officer of the Emperor's Children Legion and the Captain of its 10th Company. Tarvitz was the rare line officer of the III Legion who did not aspire to anything higher, despite being extremely competitive. Most troops that he lead greatly respected him, except his best friend Lucius, the Captain of the 13th Company, who was jealous of the attention Tarvitz received for his competent leadership. Captain Tarvitz was supposed to be in the initial drop-assault onto the surface of Istvaan III but had traded places in the Imperial fleet orbiting that world at the last minute with the Dreadnought Ancient Rylanor. Discovering the treachery of the Warmaster Horus and his own Primarch Fulgrim, Tarvitz willingly placed himself in the line of fire by going to the surface of the planet to warn his fellow Loyalists of the betrayal that was about to befall them. Shortly after safely reaching the surface, Horus ordered the viral bombardment of the planet, but thanks to Tarvitz's last minute warning, almost two-thirds of the Loyalist forces were able to take cover in air-tight bunkers or subterranean passageways. Tarvitz, along with his fellow Captains from the Loyalist Luna Wolves, Garviel Loken and Tarik Torgaddon, managed to turn the rag-tag Loyalist survivors into a cohesive fighting unit. Tarvitz, a formerly unremarkable line officer of the III Legion, had transformed a planned massacre into a successful guerrilla war, confounding even the great Horus' best-laid plans. Tarvitz, along with his fellow Loyalists, apparently met their final fate during the Istvaan III Atrocity.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-21, 20:12

Eldrad Ulthran was the mightiest and most ancient Farseer of the Eldar's Ulthwé Craftworld. He was perhaps the most gifted psyker ever born amongst the Eldar, his incredible foresight having saved many thousands of Eldar lives. Among Eldrad's accomplishments are supposedly: igniting the Second War for Armageddon so as to spare the precious lives of 10,000 Eldar, igniting the Sanapan Scouring, the Mortis Annihilation and the Third Coming of Orian, as well as warning the Emperor of Horus' treachery and warning the Eldar of Iyanden of the coming of the Tyranids. He created and carried into battle the Staff of Ulthamar, and his resilience and power has been a rallying point for the declining Eldar race. Eldrad is believed to have been slain by an avatar of Slaanesh during the 13th Black Crusade in 999.M41 while trying to save the world of Cadia from being destroyed by a Blackstone Fortress inhabited by the overwhelming psychic presence of the Prince of Chaos himself.
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-21, 20:15

OOC hats off to him
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-21, 21:02

Ooc: he actually sacrificed himself destroying the blackstone fortress by boarding it and detonating it from within.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2014-10-21, 21:22

Oh yeh

Not gonna edit it though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fact of the day!   Fact of the day! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fact of the day!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: Non-RP stuff :: Discoussions, arguments, announcements of arrival, etc. because I'm too lazy to look for people in every single topic...-
Jump to: