Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Rebirth

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Arken

A Rebirth - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:21

Aequitas: I....If it gets easier...Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

*He arches an eyebrow.*

Jorkun: First, I doubt any faction is as large as the Imperium, so that's not saying much, but we're large enough to fight you, and win. Second, we're also out of range of your FTL technology if our researchers and intelligence officers are correct so no small wonder we didn't encounter you sooner. Third, damn good guess overall.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:25

"I...can't say. But that depends on who you kill. in situations like this where its a mad zealot who's about to kill your friend....I think killing is justified"

"nice. by the way the cuffs are really, really unnecessary. I surrendered willingly, I ordered the guardsmen to do likewise, and I'm completely unarmed and have no combat training. and I'm a twenty seven year old woman, and you're an obvious combat veteran. I can't do shit to you even if I tried, and really they're just hurting my wrists a shittonne"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:33

Aequitas: No...I mean...do you suppose killing just gets easier?

Jorkun: Sorry, standard protocol for high value POWs. Besides, I don't have much of a guarantee you won't try to escape and commit some type of sabotage. And don't try the "twenty-seven year old woman" bit on me. I've had people far younger try to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:34

"I know it does."

she shrugs at that
"fair enough. So what do you want from me mr....."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:36

Aequitas: That's what worries me.....Taking a life shouldn't...just be another easy thing...

Jorkun: Jorkun. High Commander Tecumish Jorkun of Templum Security.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:38

"I know."

"I'd say its a pleasure but the cuffs hurt, my stomach hurts from the punch, i've had a headache all day and this chair's rather uncomfortable, so it would be a lie"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:40

Aequitas: Yeah.......

Jorkun: This wouldn't be an interrogation if you were comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:41

she pulls him closer with her arm still round him
"look. if you need anything, anything at all...."

"I guess. I'll say this, you aint an asshole like the last guy. he just hit me and kept telling me to shut up"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:43

Aequitas: Right...just...let me try and process this, okay?

Jorkun: Given the last governor was a stubborn idiot, I can't really blame my soldier for wanting to keep you in line.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:44

"Alright"

"well most governors are. I'm not but you couldnt know that. anyway, shall we get on with this commander?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:46

*He just sits there quietly.*

Jorkun: Well, firstly, your name. What is it?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:48

she does likewise

"Stark. Elenor Stark."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:53

*He gets up after awhile.*

Aequitas: Come on, let's get back to the squad.

Jorkun: Okay, Ms. Stark. Firstly, I'll reiterate my surprise at your willing surrender. Secondly, the Ultramarines. When can we expect them to counterattack?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:55

"look...aequitas"

"first, there are a lot of reasons I did that. Second, who knows, If they do show up it was nothing to do with me or my men"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:56

Aequitas: Yeah?

Jorkun: And those reasons are? And I asked about the Ultras because the last governor sent out a distress signal to them.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-11, 23:58

she hugs him
"again....thankyou. thankyou so much. I couldnt have asked for a better friend"

"well lets see, I was pretty much under the boot of the sisters here, as were my people and this way the sisters are gotten rid of without any of my people dying, there's the fact even if I didnt surrender you would have likely won anyway with a lot of my people dying, and the fact this seems to me to be better for my people anyway"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:01

Aequitas: Um...You're welcome. But I'm sure anyone else in the squad would have done the same.

Jorkun: Well, you're not a moron. I'll give you that. But two things. First, how can you be so sure a change of planetary ownership will be better for your people? Secondly, the Ultras. When will they arrive? From what I know of the Space Marines, a counterattack isn't in the far future.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:04

"Doesn't change what it means to me"

"Well firstly, from watching your actions during the short invasion this has been. thats why the surrender wasn't immediate, I was evaluating the situation to make that decision. and I judged you'd be better than the ones who would happily burn me at the steak for even considering a surrender, and would happily do the same to any number of my people. of course i had to be sure you'd win anyway first too, because if i surrendered and then you lost to the sisters, countless innocents would burn. And don't expect the ultras any time soon, word is they have serious problems on the east and west borders that they're diverting full attention to"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:07

Aequitas: Oh...

Jorkun: I see....well, I can't say I was expecting any of this. All intelligence reports and our prior experience pointed to...Well, we were expecting to have to kill the local garrison in its entirety again. Secondly, at least we won't have to worry about the local super mutants for awhile then. That gives us time.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:08

"yeah. thankyou. thankyou so much"

"so....should I be expecting to be thrown in a cell or executed or something?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:11

Aequitas: You're-you're welcome.

Jorkun: A cell? Yes. An execution? Not right now, seeing as how you haven't done anything to warrant one. I can't speak to the local arbites or priests or commissars, and I've been told the local bolter bitch convent has been destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:12

she lets go gently

"question. what exactly did I do to deserve imprisonment?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:15

Aequitas: You okay? Nothing damaged, right?

Jorkun: Frankly, given the information we have about Imperials, we...cast a broad net so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:16

"I'm fine"

"So....you're throwing me in a cell....for assumed crimes....with no evidence I actually committed any....and I've already proved to be different to the other governors you've encountered"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:20

Aequitas: Good. Come on. The others are probably wondering what happened.

Jorkun: Fair point. To be honest, we didn't have any contingencies for a case such as yours.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:22

she smiles and nods

"so....you don't have a system in place to actually check to see if I've done wrong, of for if someone is wrongfully accused of a crime?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:24

*They had back to the squad and report what happened.*

Jorkun: More like we weren't prepared to encounter any governors even remotely like you.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:25

that they do

"....then think of something unless you're happy to throw me in jail for something I didn't do"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:28

*Not sure what to do here....*

Jorkun: For now....the most I can offer you is a lower security cell on my ship.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:32

*maybe a reaction from the rest of the squad*

"....alright if that's the best i'm gonna get..."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:34

*Ok...not sure what to have them say then....*

Jorkun: For now, it is. Templum ships don't have a lot of private quarters, and as I said, you weren't an expected factor.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:35

*skip to later*

"would I be constantly locked in or..."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:37

*Ok...dunno what to do, period.*

Jorkun: No, but there wouldn't be much for you to do either way.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:38

when he's alone tex appears to Aequitas
"hey"

"not like you could keep me locked in anyway" *she raises her hands. she's undone the cuffs* I'm a master of tinkering"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:40

Aequitas: Oh. Hi. Um....What do you need?

Jorkun: Not that it would do you much good. You don't exactly have anywhere to go.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:42

"your friend....does she have 2 sisters one of whome is missing?"

"Fair enough. Question. My people have members who have...psychic abilities. almost all are innocent of any crimes. I'm guessing your people do things to their psykers, hence your lack of them. so what will you do to them?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:44

Aequitas: Um....Yeah, why?

Jorken: They'll most likely be....killed. We don't take needless risks with psykers in our territory, and any that are found are executed. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a single living legal psyker in the Consortium.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:47

"then she is who I thought she was. thanks"

she's gone pale
*voice from the doorway* "I don't think that will be necessary"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:50

Aequitas: Um.....Excuse me?

*Jorkun stands up and turns around.*

Jorkun: Excuse me?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:52

"what?"

its Cador
"From my, and the brotherhood's perspective that would be...wrong. This woman surrendered to us to save her people's lives. and then we suddenly show up and round up a good chunk of her people into death camps?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:57

Aequitas: Is there something going on, Tex?

Jorkun: Firstly, you don't have authority here. Secondly, need I remind you what happened the last time a psyker was allowed to live in the Consortium? Thirdly, as far as I'm concerned, we're doing this world a favor.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2015-05-12, 00:58

"no its nothing, just curiosity is all"

"firstly, says who? I'm lord berric's personal adviser and one of the clan leaders of the brotherhood. I'm pretty high up to say the least. And this world has existed for thousands of years without incident caused by psykers. why would letting these ones live make things better?"

-------

https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=240
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rebirth   A Rebirth - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rebirth
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20