Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Gorath

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-26, 22:54

+Affirmative. Warning, there appear to be some kind of pods being jettisoned from the ship+
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-26, 22:55

"Do we have a landing location...?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-26, 22:55

"Within the bombardment zone"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-26, 22:58

"Well. Then give the order to fire when they land."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-26, 23:02

+Roger that+
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-26, 23:04

"And make ready to move... They're making a landing zone. Its time to do our job."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-27, 22:10

"Yes my lord"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-27, 22:44

Laurence rises to his feet, the black clad soldiers scattered around the hilltop following suit, from their kneeling and alert poses. "Whatever lands there, and isn't dead from the bombardment, we're going to deal with."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-27, 22:46

it doesn't take long for the guns to start singing
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-27, 23:01

As the many barrels blare their tune, the imperium's grandest church organ, Laurence and his motley entourage are on the move. He and his masked warriors move with the same lithe grace, seeming to float across the earth, feet barely touching it, despite their heavy boots and heavier armaments.

In his now shared quarters, the once-captain of the dauntless class light cruiser Emnity, looks into a small mirror, a straight razor held in his fine augmetic hand. The white porcelain is worked with traceries of silver, which function both as decoration, and as the direct interface of the mind impulse unit embedded in the base of his brain.
He pulls the blade across his skin slowly, removing the short growth of greying hair from his cheek, grown in the time since he last undertook this part of his daily ritual. Severe in appearance, and to most people, in temperament, he is a firm believer in ritual. The hardening of the mind and soul by habit. However, in times of late, his ritual has been disrupted by first, a total lack of responsibilities, and then, by a new one.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-27, 23:05

+My lord, we are detecting dropships. Super heavy. Similar to thunderhawks.+

a slightly squeaky little voice pipes up
"Whatya doin?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-27, 23:10

+Continue the barrage. And have a squadron of lightnings in the air, but have them hold outside engagement distance. they could be Gunships.+

He washes the accumulated soap and hair from the blade, in a bowl of tepid soapy water beneath the mirror. He turns, most of the soap cleared from his face by the blades passes now. "I am shaving. It is important to stay presentable." His tone is stern, but there is an edge of fondness in it. Almost a fatherly tone, but not quite. Perhaps closer to a distant grandfather.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 08:14

"Roger that"

"Whyyyyy?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 14:09

As they continue to move towards the landing site, one of the black clad soldiers, with IV stencilled in pale grey on their shoulder, points out a low rise, outside of the orbital bombardment area, and the group adjusts their direction towards it.

"Because for people to respect you, you must look respectable." He wipes the blade on a cloth, and folds it closed, putting it down gently on the side. Turning around properly, he wipes his face dry on a hand towel.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 14:42

"Sir, reports back about the dropships. Large. Heavily armed and armoured. Void shielded. Design is unknown to our pilots."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 15:14

"....okay!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 18:13

Laurence pauses for a moment, probably contemplating the volume of fucked he is. "Have the squadrons called off, there's nothing they can do."

"So, young lady, you had best have your hair tied up properly, hadn't you?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 19:12

"affirmative sir....sir the squadrons report engagement by enemy air superiority fighters."

"...but why've I gotta look all Respectabuble?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 19:32

"Draw the enemy into the anti aircraft batteries, and disengage."

"So people know to respect you... And we're going out today."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 19:51

"Affirmative, transmitting orders.... Pilots report hostile aircraft remaining close to landing zone. Defensive formations."

"out? how? we're on a ship, we can't breath out there"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:02

"Withdraw the fighters. Save the fuel."

"To a different part of the ship. We're going to go and see someone."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:03

"Affirmative"

"...ooooohhh? who?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:05

Reaching the low hill, they get eyes on the landing site, still burning from the bombardment.

"A friend of mine. You're to be on your best behaviour."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:16

around now the Castellum strongholds are landing, emplaced weapons already armed and ready, shields powered up

"oooo *smiles* You have a friend?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:22

The soldier with "I" stencilled on their shoulder speaks up. "How do you rate our chances of an assault?"

Laurence: "Without alerting them to my presence?... Low."

"Could you make a tear?"

Laurence: "over this distance, yes. But... loudly."

A smile pulls at Nicholas' mouth as he picks up a hair tie from the dresser and crouches down to tie up her hair. "I took you to see Catheryn not two days ago."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:33

the stormbirds are landing too. void shields erecting in great bubbles, astartes disgorging from the hatches.

"she counts as a friend?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:34

Laurence glances over at the mechanicum ruststalker. "Any suggestions?"

"Of course. We have been friends for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:38

"Negative. Our numbers are too few. Direct engagement offers almost negligible chance of survival. Hostiles have already established defensible beachhead, well fortified, and well manned. Enemy strength here will only grow. Suggest performing recon as long as possible, then returning to defensive lines."

she giggles
"only joking"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 20:47

Number one shrugs. "The cog man has a point."

Laurence: "True enough. We'll sit here for a while and watch."

He smiles as he ties her hair into a neat ponytail. "All done. Shall we go and see my friend now?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 21:11

"affirmative sir"

"okay!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 21:17

Waiting occurs

Our adorable duo wanders off to see if they can't go find Caiber
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 22:27

for now, more troops, and tanks, are landed. in worrying numbers.

it takes em a bloody long while
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 22:41

Laurence: "You know... I really want to be in amongst that..."

and where do they find him?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 22:50

he notes a worryingly large area close to the centre of the LZ has been left bare

in the engine room
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 22:55

"... Thats encouraging."

Byrne: "Caiber!? I know you're in here!"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 23:22

the skitarii is looking up into the air now. the sky has noticably started to darken, and laurence is sensing something very wrong indeed.

*Behind him*
"Who's the girl?"

Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 23:37

He slowly pulls one of the pistols strapped under his arms, removing the magazine, and checking it is fully loaded.

He rests a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "A young lady Inquisitor Immalia came across. She asked me to look after her."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 23:41

"Sir, I feel you are slightly under-armed"

"Hm. Hello there"
*she turns to caiber*
Girl: hi!
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 23:46

"You would be wrong."

"Hmn. I was not expecting that."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-28, 23:52

he gestures to what he's looking at

Caiber: likewise...
the girl is smiling
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-29, 00:05

Laurence looks in the gestured direction.

"Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2018-11-29, 00:08

he sees why the sky has darkened. a ship, a fucking huge one, is in very, very low orbit...at least it looks like a ship. albeit one unlike any other he has ever seen. Not a trace of machinery or mechanism anywhere. like a great, black, spire of bone and chitin upon its side.

Caiber: been worse. yourself?

-------

https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=376
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20