Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:10

LI is forced to take a single step back from the impact. Arrows shatter, her plate is scratched. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:18

The archers have nocked another volley. "Shall we keep going until you are dead or we run dry of arrows?" Yenn asks nonplussed from the side.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:19

LI: You don't have enough arrows to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:21

Yenn: "I think we do." She gestures to the four thousand men with bows, and full quivers. "Mail, and your eyes. An arrow in your armpit, or knee, or through that slit, and you will die like any man stuck with an arrow."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:23

LI: You think this is the first time I have faced such a barrage? You don't have enough arrows.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:23

“At most a day, in reality? A few hours, we will requisition food and water enough to see us through the journey incase the harvests have already been collected and sold. And I will have my scouts ride for the nearest village within the hour.”

Looking up from the map Mord smiles and nods. “We shall strike the eastmmost village first, make like we’re coastal raiders using the rivers to travel.” The man explains as he points to a small hamlet.
“From there I can strike out and raze everything between the grand army and here, the constant flow of refugees will guide my men toward more settlements. Provided I split my forces I should easily be able to cover upward of 200 miles of land inside the first week.”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:25

Yenn: "This is the first time you have faced us. So many armies relegate their archery to slaves or levies, this is not what you face now. Each man is as skilled as one can be, with a bow. Afoot or astride."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:33

LI: the Cymrai do not. *rolls her shoulders again*Voldamians do not. Didn't matter then. Doesn't matter now.

Trajan: you leave at sunrise.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:35

Yenn: "Then charge my men, by all means, I imagine the spikes are not poisoned, but i would not risk it myself."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:36

LI simply starts walking towards them at a brisk pace
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:37

Yenn barks a few words in kelthrovi, and the archers begin to fire a steady barrage, specifically aiming for her head now.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:43

the moment they loose the first volley, while the arrows are still in flight, she leaps, clearing the caltrops and landing between two of the men in the first rank
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:47

Mord: “As you say Uncle.” He replies with a nod before looking to his Mother-in-law. “Akari, will you and your men be joining me?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:48

Akari: It may be best. I am here to protect you, afterall.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:58

Yenn: "Halt! Your point is made Clavae. Kill one of my men, and i shall find the nearest crossbow, and kill you myself."

To their credit, the men do not run, they do not draw their swords either however, rather simply staring at her in surprise.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 22:58

LI silently looks at the men she is now amongst
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:17

The leader is the first to draw his blade and drop his bow. The blade is a gently curved scimitar, he rolls his wrist, the blade hissing through the air, he raises his buckler. His men follow suit after a half second.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:18

LI doesn't say anything. She just turns and walks back away.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:20

Yenn nods her approval at the man, he nods back, the mail veil hung from his helm jingling.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:22

"Next."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:33

Yenn: "Next? What do you want now, Aagannniti? A lance?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:38

she nods, rolling her shoulders again
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-14, 23:47

She turns, snaps her fingers, and gestures, barks a command. The first man of the closest diamond of mamluks lowers his lance, and spurs his mount forwards. He is armoured the same as Yenn, though his is less adorned, but wears a helm. It is connical, with a small spike, and a noseguard, and cheekguards. from this, a veil of mail is draped, covering his face, with only his eyes visible.

He holds his lance in both hands, a small shield, though larger than the bucklers of the footmen, hangs from a strap at his hip.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-15, 00:22

LI takes a wide stance, locking eyes with the lancer
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-15, 00:31

The tip of his lance jumps and falls with the gallop of the stallion. The horse is barded, a coat of sandy linen across its whole body, and bright mail and scale over its forequarters, and a solid helm of steel over its head.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-15, 00:32

LI waits, standing there, refusing to budge. At the last possible moment, with impossible speed, she steps to the left so as to allow the horse to simply ride past her. As she does, she grabs the shaft of the lance with both hands and wrenches the rider from his seat.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-15, 00:40

He lets go of the lance, and tucks and rolls as he hits hard earth, more from muscle memory, than from any consious thought most likely. He rises quickly, only taking the briefest moment to collect himself. He is up, and with a mace in hand.

Yenn watches, interested.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-15, 07:24

LI is stood ready, still holding the lance in both hands.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 21:56

The mamluk glances at yenn, then back to Li. He takes a slow step forwards.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 21:57

LI also steps forwards, switching to a one handed grip on the lance
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 22:13

The mamluk crouches, presenting his shield, and slowly swinging his mace back and forth in his grip.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 22:16

she suddenly, without warning, hurls the lance at him like a javelin, before breaking into a charge
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 22:34

The mamluk anticipates the lances strike, moving his shield up to its height, but when the strike does not come, and he sees the charge approach, he turns his back foot side on. Preparing a strike with his mace, he stares down the charging clavae.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 22:53

she's too fast for him. before he can lower his shield, she's on top of him, delivering a mighty boot to his shield with enough force to knock him down
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 23:23

On his back, the weight of mail slows his rise, but his shield is still up.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 23:30

she kicks the side of the shield hard enough that it leaves his grasp and clatters to the ground nearby.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 23:53

He eyes her through the small eyeholes between the solid steel of his helm, and the veil of thick mail hung from it. He adjusts his grip upon the mace.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-16, 23:58

she puts her foot against his chest
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-17, 00:05

He opens his fingers and lets the mace roll from his hand
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-17, 17:27

she looks him right in the eye, the leering skull visage looming over him like an angel of death
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-17, 18:36

He points a finger at the foot on his chest, and looks at yenn, somewhat nervously. "āhuni lik’ek’u newi?" (Can you make it move?)
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-17, 20:04

he cannot see it but she smiles a little at that. she steps away from him.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-17, 23:37

Yenn: "Satisfied?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-17, 23:40

she turns to the other mamluks and holds her arms out in a sort of 'come and get me' posture
"Anyone else?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-19, 14:49

Yenn cocks her head a little, thumb and forefinger playing with the hilt of one of her swords. "It has been a long time since i matched blades with somone who could rival me... Too long perhaps."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-19, 20:16

LI: you are confident.
Yenn's eyes catch LI's dragonscale cloak as it shimmers in the sun
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-19, 22:13

Yenn: "I am curious. I have never fought a clavae, i had made a point of it, in fact."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-19, 23:19

"I will try not to harm you too greatly."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-19, 23:33

"I shall make great pains to ensure it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-19, 23:47

LI widens her stance, rolling her shoulders
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 00:04

Yenn draws both the scimitars at her hips. She draws them from the oposite side to her hand, the blades crossing her breast as she does so, the steel ringing true. The blades shimmer in the light, the sun dancing as it does upon a still sea, highlighting the patterning upon the sword.

While Li widens her stance, Yenn stands tall, the scimitars hanging loose in her grip. The hilts hook at the pommel, over yenn's little finger, she is barely holding them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next