Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 00:04

Yenn draws both the scimitars at her hips. She draws them from the oposite side to her hand, the blades crossing her breast as she does so, the steel ringing true. The blades shimmer in the light, the sun dancing as it does upon a still sea, highlighting the patterning upon the sword.

While Li widens her stance, Yenn stands tall, the scimitars hanging loose in her grip. The hilts hook at the pommel, over yenn's little finger, she is barely holding them.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 00:20

"Do you wish me armed?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 00:29

"Of course."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 00:33

she glances over at Justinian. he in turn getsures to one of the two soldiers accompanying him (sh they were always there) Who brings LI her Magna Spatha, a huge sword with the blade alone standing at nine feet long.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 00:51

Yenn steps to her left, foot over foot. In her hands, she begins to flourish the curved blades. The steel flashes and glares as the blades catch the sun, one after the next.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 01:13

LI holds the blade's handle in both hands, pointing upright slightly to her right. she waits, stock still.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 01:27

Yenn steps slowly forwards, winding up for a swing towards their knees.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 01:32

LI starts swinging the blade infront of her in a great figure of eight motion, leaving no part of her unprotected by the whirling blade
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 02:31

Yenn steps to the left, committing her weight, then almost dives to the right. It looks as if she is going to fall, but she steps once, twice, and a third time, and is upright again, on the other side of LI's great barrier of bladework. Her right blade stayed up as she dove, warding against a blow, no suggestion of going to protect herself from the fall which was seemingly imminent.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 02:34

LI rotates, turning on a dime to face Yenn, keeping the blade-barrier separating them
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 02:53

Yenn continues to twirl the scimitars around in her hands, moving surprisingly deftly, despite the weight of mail she wears. She steps this way and that, ducking and weaving around, searching for an opening. She moves strangely, like she is permanently off balance, staggering like a drunk.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:03

Suddenly LI's figure eight stops
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:10

Yenn immediately lunges, quick as a viper, thrusting towards Li's armpit with the point of her right scimitar. Stabbing with such a curved blade requires an odd technique, a slightly curved arc, to thrust the point up and into its target.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:11

her arm slams down, clamping the scimitar blade between her bicep and torso in a vice-like grip
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:15

The blade is halted, but not before it impacts. Li can feel, the mail part before the blade. Yenn lets go of the blade, dancing away, tossing the remaining blade between her hands, a wry smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:22

As she attempts to dart away, Yenn feels the impossibly strong grip of the clavae grab her arm with lightning speed, preventing her from retreating. She pulls her forwards, and delivers a knee to her stomach, her knee pad clanging loudly against Yenn's armour
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:27

Yenn rolls in Li's grip, defly avoiding the knee. She bends at the knees dragging a hand along the dusty earth, her sword in the arm captive by the clavae. She lifts both feet from the floor, kicks her own sword, dislodging it from under the clavae's arm, and in the same motion palms a handful of dirt into her face.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:28

LI does not move, simply tightening her grip, and lifting it, forcing Yenn up onto her toes in order to still have feet on the floor
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:33

She, again, using her own core strength, lifts up her legs and lashes out a foot. But instead of kicking, simply presses her boot into LI's eyeslit, blinding her. As she swings her legs up, she tosses her sword from her left to her right hand, and lunges for the elbow of the arm holding her, stabbing over her own chest, rolling her hips and shoulders for extra leverage into the thrust.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:42

this attempt, while valient, fails. the moment her foot goes for LI's face, the clavae's other hand, having discarded the sword, with inhuman speed is there, grabbing Yenn's ankle. This results in her dangling, somewhat embaressingly, from one arm and leg. A moment later, LI simply drops her, making sure to bring her foot down and pin her opponent to the floor before she can try to roll or get up
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:47

As Yenn is pinned, she is smiling wider than anyone has so far seen, one of her arms is pinned underneath her, her hand wrapped around the hilt of a knife she was attempting to draw during the fall.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:48

After a moment, LI removes her foot before holding her hand out to help Yenn up
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:49

Yenn takes the offered hand. "I did not draw blood, did I?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:51

after a pause, LI reaches under her arm to the point the blade struck. Upon bringing her hand out again, one finger has a few droplets of blood upon it
"You did." she looks at it for a moment. then she locks eyes with Yenn, her expression and mood unreadable.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:57

Yenn looks surprised. "Hmn... so you do bleed..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 03:58

"....I have lived for centuries. And no one has ever drawn blood against me in single combat."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:00

Yenns eyes widen, then narrow, then widen again, in a cycle of surprise, question, and disbelief. "Imibī... Really?" (Fuck)
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:01

after a pause, to Justinian's obvious surprise, LI reaches up and removes her helmet. She is...smiling.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:12

Yenn looks incredibly surprised. As if she has just seen a ghost.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:14

LI smiles at her for a few moments longer
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:17

A smile pricks Yenn's mouth, after she gets over the initial shock.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:20

LI offers her hand. "I am called LI. I am glad to have met you, Yennefasi."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 04:27

Yenn takes it. "More friendly than i was expecting, of a demon."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-20, 16:03

"That is your word for me?"
she doesn't seem offended by the term
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-21, 16:37

"The word is Aganiniti in Kelthrovi."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-21, 21:35

"Interesting. There are many words for my kind, I am told"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-22, 23:45

"A great many."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-23, 00:01

she's still smiling, but she puts her helmet back on. with the sound of hobnailed boots on earth, Yenn can tell Justinian is approaching
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-23, 00:13

Yenn retrieves her swords, sliding them back into their scabbards.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-23, 00:14

LI: what are those blades made of?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-23, 00:54

Yenn: "A relic of the old world." She rests her hand upon one of the blades. "Stracia still guards her secrets."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-23, 22:37

Justinian: well... *smiles a little* You passed the test.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-24, 23:00

Yenn: "The most interesting trial an employer has imposed."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-24, 23:15

Justinian: your combat role was never of any question. It is obvious at but a glance. What was at a question, if you do not mind my saying, was your resolve. Mercenaries do not have the best reputation when it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-24, 23:25

Yenn: "We will not die for you, but we will fight for you."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-24, 23:26

Justinian: you faced a 'demon' willingly, and didn't turn tail when she began to get the better of you. That's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-24, 23:56

Yenn shrugs
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-25, 00:01

Justinian: The auxiliary camp is in the eastern block. You'll be working with them. Find first shield Decurion Theresa, their commander. Might be an idea to get to know her.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-25, 00:10

"I will have words with her."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-25, 00:11

Justinian: fair warning. she's a lot less 'professional' than Myself and the consul. *chuckles* Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2019-04-25, 00:15

"If i have any, I am sure the Decurion can answer."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next