Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our concerns

Go down 
+6
Sir BushWookie
cow-man
Local Bat Enthusiast
Ortus
Gorath
Chapter Master Arken
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Our concerns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:20

I see your point ortus, but still, kinda a dick move, but FairPlay
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:21

@Raeven: Okay, from what I'm seeing there, Gor may have jumped the gun. I'll admit to that, but given what had recently happened, I think he at least had reason to be concerned to some degree. And seeing as how Gor just apologized, I consider this part solved. Now, onto the other parts of this debacle.

@Hyp: I'm waiting for Gor to get here. He has the logs.

@Ortus: I nuked the HUE thread dude. I'm a mod and I was never happy with it. Be glad I'm taking your side on ONE thing here tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:21

If only it could be that simple for everything else...

And yeah, it sorta was but i wasn't gonna stand by and see it happen to another guy because he is new and hasn't made friends yet.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:22

He is here

where are these logs then, and I want exact logs
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:22

May I remind everyone of the HUE section, which Gorath and Azrok were a major part of (as well as Azrok making quite a few not ok topics in sections)
I don't think that is ok, when the other guy said Arag is throb and then fade to black. And got scrubbed from the system.
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:23

People shouldn't be treated differently because we know them less and form judgements of them immediately.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:23

Alright! Considering I appear to be the only one not caught up in politics up to my tits, someone put in nice bullet points our problems, and we can work them out
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:24

We can go down the list, around the circle, and solve the problem like civil people
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:24

Okay?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:26

Boy, gorath sure is taking a long time with these logs..
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:27

@Hyp: Gor's stuck on his phone. I can't give you the logs yet.

@Honus: And I NUKED that part. Hell, if I were to ask Azrok, he'd probably be ashamed of it.

@Ortus: Ordinarily I agree, but when someone's first act is to post a blatant troll thread like that, I think we can extrapolate what's to come. And frankly, he only added in the "fade to black" after he was called out on the sexual stuff.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:28

That's not true, he put Arag is throb ...
So explicit, wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:29

Need I remind you he didn't know about the forum rules

And then if he is stuck on his phone, thats his problem, soon enough those logs are gonna get irrelevant even if you do have them
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:29

Sorry again
and also
this had to fukin happen while im watchin a film and stuck on my phone
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

Okay, so we've got
1) admins being a little over/under zealous when it comes to the rules (possible bias here folks)

2) we're pretty hostile if someone doesn't make a good first impression

3) bullying and all kinds of harassment nonsense

Anything I've missed?
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:30

GG Raeven
Keeping a level head
Honestly, in this format it won't work though... It'll end up being each party hurling insults at each other probably. I've already been called sadistic (muffled cheers) but we shall see...

Arlen, do you consider the words "arag is throb" to be against rule 3?
Rule 3 specifies (or it did last time I saw) that a bare minimum is allowed. A bare minimum was included. He went into no detail, with a phrase that actually doesn't make much sense.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:31

@Honus: Yeah, it kind of is.

@Hyp: I beg to differ.

@Ortus: I think it crosses a line.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:31

Injustice, certain people getting free passes to do whatever they wanted...
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

In what way?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:32

If thats how this is

ortus is throb

I will await to see how banned I get now
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:33

He didn't even use the right punctuation, if it were "arags member was throbbing" I would understand. But this is just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:34

We need some way to work out this problem, but, we can't let it fall into insult throwing and the like
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:35

Okay, Vargas getting his thread deleted was because of me.

I let my distaste of him dictate my actions and I told Gorath that he was a troll. I also mentioned that he hinted at detailing the sex scene. The only reason I warned him(Vargas) was because of Arken or Raeven listing the rules. Even after that I still openly wanted Vargas to get deleted, Arken and Euan can confirm this.

If anyone here is to take the hit for forcing Vargas away, it is me.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:36

Raeven, you are the only one who is actually keeping a level head and trying to work things out, and for that I commend you
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:36

Erm, hello? I feel fine.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:37

@Honus: It's not that way and you know it. Frankly, there are things I'd like to have cleaned up around here before I was a mod. Again, be happy I'm willing to agree with the HUE.

@Ortus: It's all based on context. He was clearly using such language in a sexual context, which violated the terms of service.

@Hyp: Yeah.....no. You're baiting. None of us are dumb enough to rise to the bait.

@Raevan: I'm there with you, but frankly, I keep getting drowned out by the others posting so rapidly.

@Wookie: Dude!! No!! *Sighs* Fucking hell...Okay, I know what happened with Wookie. This wasn't purely him and you guys know it. And frankly, leave Wookie alone. If you want to beat on someone, beat on me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:37

I did say this in the discussion with gorath, why aren't the rules more specific, it's left to the readers discretion, vs the admins. The way we stop this is with clear, rules
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:38

To be fair, as much as I hate to say it, bush is right, he did hold a distaste for vargas

And fair enough cowminator

And arken, why does he get a ban and I don't then?

Why?
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:39

Of course it wasn't purely him, he didn't have the power to bleach away Vargas.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:39

Bush, no lad, more than a few of us disliked him from the get go, we all judged him and he got banned because of it
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:40

Personally I thought he was ortus back from the dead to troll for giggles
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:41

@Hyp: And he's not the only one who held a distaste for Vargas. Honus did as well, that was pretty evident when he was calling for Vargas' thread to be nuked.

@Honus: So you're content to nuke a troll's thread, but not the troll himself? There's a problem with that logic. You can't let trolls stick around. If you do, they just become a bigger problem. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:41

Ain't gonna slam you wookie. See no reason too.
Arken, he still stuck to the minimum, by merely hinting what was going to happen.
All that was made clear was the context. He said how melon moved in, and arag was happy... So you see, he used a minimum, and didn't directly describe any sexual content. Its the prejudice that did this, but I'm fighting a pointless battle against you here.
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:42

Nah I want to leave this place, but I just wanna get out all my gripes before it happens. Way I see it, I left and this guy appears and everything goes in the shitter.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:42

He wasn't a troll, you might think that; but I don't, you had no proof.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

So you ignore the other point I make? Why does vargas get a ban and I don't?

And I can't answer for what cowman does, so why are you asking me for a answer
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:45

I said that as a joke, I'm pretty sure I was even referencing Aliens because people were saying nuke it from orbit.
I guess you didn't read all the other stuff where I and Vargas were having conversation.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:49

@Ortus: "Prejudice"....Possibly, but that doesn't change the fact Vargas DID cross a line. And I'm currently cleaning up other crossings where it can be found. As for current users...I'd say their overall behavior compared to their poor lack of judgement makes up for it in someway. And again, first thing Vargas did was make a troll post. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, you're free to leave. There's nothing stopping you. If you want to leave, that's your choice. But frankly, I think you're leaving to defend a troll. That's not a good way to break ties.

@Honus: I've seen troll posts across numerous sites. I know what they look like. I've seen them from everywhere. High brow sites like SCP Foundation to the cesspit that is 4chan. I'm not stranger to trolls and their ways.

@Hyp: I did answer your question. You're baiting, and it's blatantly obvious at that. You're not going to get banned because it would serve no purpose, especially when it's obvious you're trying to get banned. Also, I REALLY didn't get any of that from that drivel you call a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:51

So now you are resulting to using petty insults..Oh how the mighty have fallen...

And it makes no sense

One person says it and nothing happenes, but someone else who didn't know about the rule says it and all hell breaks loose?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:51

Arken , no insults
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

Have you ever heard of banter, I imagine not? He said he had room for improvement, that he had limited knowledge of the lore; and wanted us to help.
And it's ok then I imagine, because your amazing at detecting trolls, I guess that means that full power of immediate removal is justified?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:53

Honestly, I think raeven should be made mod/admin, as he is actually moderating the debate and staying out of it
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:53

I don't want the power
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:54

As far as me moderating this goes, unofficial restrained asshole is fine for me
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:54

He didn't cross no bloody line... Arag is throb describes nothing.
Im gonna be leaving. One day... Eventually...
And his first post was a 'troll' post. Maybe he was trying to be funny to start with, eh? Instead of ohmygodtroll
Also, you have absolutely nothing to do with any of the situations we raised earlier, so basically you have no point to arguing for this. We mentioned the other admins, I was not aware you became one.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:55

Think of it

You would have

UNNLLIMMIITTEEEHHDDDD POOWWWAAAAAAAA!

But seriously I can respect that
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:57

Okay, in what way have I thrown out an insult here? Also, Vargas had every opportunity to know about the rules. They're posted right below the function bar on the site on the main page. He had to have seen the thread to register.

AH!! There it is, the demand one of you be made a mod/admin when in the past you have never once demonstrated you have the maturity to handle such a position. I knew it would come to that.

And no, I'm not "amazing" at detecting trolls, but an obvious troll is obvious given what Vargas posted. I've seen countless threads like that. They're made to draw a negative response. He had no wish to improve, only elicit attention from the users of this site, which is what he got.

Also, I'm a moderator now, so I'd be derelict in duty if I didn't address this thread. And frankly, if I need to become an admin for you guys to take me seriously, I will. But frankly, this is pointless. All I'm seeing is a bunch of immature teenagers defending an obvious troll so they can just laugh at him and feed him so they can laugh at him some more. There is nothing right about that and it only harms the site in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:58

I don't tend to go out of warhammer and fantasy so I wouldn't be that effective
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 00:59

Technically raeven is one of us

Hes a good friend but he isn't either me, ortus or cowman

and that was less a demand, more of a "I think"

And how are we immature when you could spend your time doing something worth while instead of just..You know..Doing what your doing now..
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 01:00

@Hyp: As I said above, I'm now a moderator. It's my JOB to deal with threads like these. I'm doing my job. I'm be derelict of my duty to the site if I didn't.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2015-04-09, 01:00

At least I'm mature enough to handle the lore of 40k without going full rage mode on people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our concerns   Our concerns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our concerns
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community :: Non-RP stuff :: Discoussions, arguments, announcements of arrival, etc. because I'm too lazy to look for people in every single topic...-
Jump to: