Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The War Beneath the Waves

Go down 
+4
Ortus
Local Bat Enthusiast
Fate
Gorath
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Ortus

The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:17

"You best stay out of mine if you are to be like that then. Good day."

*turns to go*
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:26

The 2 mechanicus contiune to talk to each other with several more blurts of binary as they and there skitarii bodyguard walk away
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:30

OOC: Buttlefield away
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:34

The Sister eyes the magos with a inquisitive glare, her helmet lenses giving off a ethereal white colour, and she moves over to intercept him.

The arbite struggles to breathe, his vision going red; he unhooks a grenade from his belt, pulling the pin; and with the last of his strength, hurls it at the traitor, the strength of it braining the man, his skull shattering before being torn apart by the explosion.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:55

/meanwhile on my AIRCRAFT CARRIER\

*The Praetorians, Rob, sisters and Tempestors are drinking tea on the flight deck*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:56

said praetorians notice some more meteores impact a few miles away
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:58

*the aircraft carrier and it's subsequent battle group send destroyer equivalents to investigate*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 14:58

they find dozens of chunks of metal floating on the water where they impacted
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:00

*They notify the battlegrouo and are put on high alert for any activity*
(Read: will torpedo or depth charge the ever living shit out of anything and everything)
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:01

one of the smaller ships reports multiple hull breaches. she starts taking on water.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:03

*DEPTH CHARGES!!!!!! Aaaaaand the pumps activate allowing the vessel to float*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:04

the radar detects nothing for the depth charges to hit. there is a massive detonation on the bottom of the ship
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:04

OOC: -__-

*the pumps are overwhelmed and the crew abandon ship*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:05

a few crew members who are just swimming start being pulled under
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:09

*lasfire erupts from a pair who happened to be carrying lasguns*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:11

and a large, green hand reaches out of the water, grabbing one by the arm
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:13

*he gives a shout of ork down the radio before succumbing to the hand*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:17

at which point he's pulled under and stabbed
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:20

*the waters surrounding the sinking destroyer face the immortal tactic known as "Shoot it with all the solid munition possible!*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:21

the orks dive, their skuba gear letting them move much easier under water, and the fact they're just infantry and therefore are very small hiding them from radar
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:32

*you see the thing about battleships...is that they're battleships, ammo doesn't matter*

*MOAR DAKKA*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:35

the orks spread out. mamking it near impossible to hit such small targets with such big weapons, underwater
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:40

*machineguns. The battlegrouo reports the position the imperial navy(in sphess) and steam away*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:42

OOC you do realize machine guns don't do shit when aiming at an underwater target right?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:50

OOC: they bloody well can.....to a human
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 15:56

yeah...not to an ork
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 16:11

Yay
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 16:17

woop
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:03

The sisters begin to fire into the water, spraying bolter rounds into the ocean in a blaze of death, while others jump in, taking out their combat blades and bolt pistols.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:29

Fear not, citizens! Captain Engineer comes to the rescue!
Most modern high powered ammo simply shatters when shot into water, especially supersonic ones. In fact, the faster the bullet, the less effective in water, to the point where it near instanteniously becomes harmless.
Since we can assume that by the 41st millenium, subsonic machine guns are well out of date, and know that most weapons use exploding bullets, which are designed to be fragile on impact, we can deduct that when the bullet hits the thousand times thicker water(compared to earth atmosphere), it instantly detonates. Most likely within a meter, the shrapnel would become harmless as well.
Therefore, machine guns could kill underwater tatgets, but only if they are unlucky, or the scenario has been set up by plot convenience.

Captain E, away! /Flies away/
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:30

*Another chimera arrives, and a traitor prompty gets out and empties an autopistol into the arbites head. The traitor then reaches for the device and slings it on his back.*

"Operation Titan-slayer is a go."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:31

OOC: pintle-mounted heavy stubbers

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 2014-09-02, 17:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:45

Ooc. ....well, yeah... From what i know, stubbers are the most useless weapons in 40k... Even worse than IG Tight Cone Flashlights... A.K.A. Lasguns
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:49

OOC: they're basically HMGs, so slightly better than lasguns
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:50

"Yes?" (Hes talking to the sister)
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:55

OOC Heavy stubbers have a higher strength than a lasgun, lasguns are S3, heavy stubbers are S4. So heavy stubbers should do the same damage as a boltgun in theory.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:57

OOC: tabletop =/= fluff
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:57

OOC: Table top doesn't reflect actual fluff
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 17:58

OOC Say a bolter is strength 4 in fluff, and in actual fluff they are amazing, in theory a heavy stubber should be on par/slightly worse.
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:01

OOC And in fluff the heavy stubber is extremely effective against anything flak armour or worse. So orks = dead.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:03

herplederple
and deze orks 'az 'eavy armour
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:03

OOC: if 40k used larger dice like a D20 instead of a D6 the heavy stubber would be absolute crap compared to the bolter
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:05

She repeats her question.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:05

Ooc: lel, sisters of battle own orks. Leleeeleelellleleleleelel
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:06

hey honus
how were yer holiday
also this is several miles out to sea
no sisters nearby
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:06

They were on the boat.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:07

OOC they were? last i checked there were just praetorians on the boats
and also i refer you to naz's post
bolters wouldn't do shit
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:08

OOC: I brought them there with my Valkyries, they were also drinking tea before your orks RUDELY interrupted
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:09

Ooc: they would actually, considering naz didn't take into account that bolter rounds are armour piercing in lore, so not fragile.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:10

buuut bolters use a rocket based propulsion
good luck being propelled when the water puts it out
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2014-09-02, 18:11

Ooc: puts out what? The pressurized gas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The War Beneath the Waves   The War Beneath the Waves - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The War Beneath the Waves
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next