Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Age of Sails and Free Men

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir BushWookie

An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 00:59

G: “You know there’s only one way to find out”

*The slaver gets on to showing off the other slaves, the ‘Buxom lass’ apparently being saved for last*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 01:08

"You want to buy him?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 01:10

“I was gonna say why not ask the Slaver since you seem interested”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 01:22

"You're supposed to wait until the end to do that."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 01:31

“I don’t think he’d mind being free of that Elf...Speaking of Which I think he’s seen you”

*The Elf is staring at Khalista studying her features seemingly perplexed by the horns and tail*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 03:12

"Think he's never seen a tiefling before?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 03:24

“Judging by that look...yeah. He’s probably working out what the hell you are and if he could catch you. Look at him, he’s calmed down. Fucker is probably wondering if you’re one of those ‘forest beasts’ that plague the Elves”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 05:26

(are we going for a kinda celt/gaul barbarian feel to the wood elves?)

"Hmn, well wood elves aren't exactly the book type."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 19:14

OOC: Yeah pretty much, they don’t have guns, cities, or anything like that. Instead they live in little family tribes which are generally loyal to a larger group. They’re far more religious than their civilised brethren but it does hamper their technological advancement.

“Not exactly the reasonable type. 24 men he said, and that was after he ambushed them”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 21:25

"Thats obviously exaggerated."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 21:54

“Maybe, though I guess it depends on where he caught them and how they reacted”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 22:35

"and if he had help."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 22:42

“Seeing as they only caught him, I doubt it”
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 23:16

*Another slave is dragged onto stage, this time a woman. Rags adorn her body in much the same manner as the Elf’s only these are less revealing. The woman is slim with ruby red hair that shines in the sun. Her skin is pale and dotted with freckles, though the skin around her wrists and ankles is a bloody red where she’s tried to pull them off*

OOC: Sorry for the rather lacklustre description. I’m even worse at describing women. But this is Gor’s character.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 23:20

*Khalista seems to show no interest. Slaves like this are two for a copper, save the red hair, that would probably draw a slightly more 'exotic' price.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 23:36

G: “She’s cute”
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-25, 23:48

Slaver: “THIS RED HAIRED BEAUTY WAS CAUGHT OFF THE COAST OF THE NEW LAND! WE FOUND HER SHIPWRECKED ON A LITTLE ISLAND PARADISE, AND BOY IS SHE A FIERCE ONE! SHE NOT ONLY SURVIVED FOR WEEKS ON HER LONESOME BUT EVEN MANAGED TO KILL ONE OF HER CAPTORS DURING AN ESCAPE ATTEMPT! FOR JUST 15 SILVER PIECES OR 150 REALES SHE IS YOURS!”

*With all the slaves shown off, and these two being the only ones of any worth, the bidding has begun*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 00:22

the girl seems to be, somewhat spitefully, surveying her potential 'owners'
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 00:29

*Over the next few minutes the other slaves are bought, with the Elf and Redhead being saved for last drive up the price*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 20:50

"Fifteen silver?... That is something of a bargain actually."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 20:56

“She cost nothing to capture, they make a profit no matter the price”

*A fat man’s hand shoots up, offering 15 Silver. The looks around seeing if anyone will pay more for the Redhead*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 21:01

Khalista: "Oh we both know what he wants. hmn." *she puts up a hand.* "Twenty!"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 21:22

*She sees momentary panic in the fat man’s eyes*
FM: “1 GOLD!”
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 21:30

OOC: Here I am playing Rome 2 with the Divide Et Impera mod.
My cavalry routed when fighting shattered units
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 21:36

OOC: Genius. I find that in rome 2 base game cavalry are overpowered as hell.

Khalista: "I... mmmmm.... Worth more than a gold do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 21:46

Gideon: “How about I buy her, you get the elf. That way we both win”
Slaver: “ANY MORE FROM THE TIEFLING IN GREEN!?”

OOC: I have just realised that I’ve basically just renamed Pound Sterling. Bronze = 1p, Silver = 10p, Gold = £1, and Platinum is a touch more. Only not equivalent at all in value when compared to Sterling.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-26, 23:54

OOC: Depends how far back you go in inflation terms.

Khalista: "If all else fails i'll wave another dwarf coin at someone. Ships are rather pricey as it goes. I have quite a few."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:00

*Gideon raises a hand and shouts ‘1 Gold And a Silver’ Causing the crowd to look back to the fat man who immediately dived into his purse and holds up a second gold piece. The back and forth continues for a minute or teo before the now slightly flustered slaver accepts Gideon’s bid of 3 gold. Much to the Fat man’s distaste as he threatens to have Gideon killed for claiming ‘his prize’*

Slaver: “COME CLAIM YOUR TROPHY! AND LET THE BIDDING OF OUR FINAL PRODUCT TAKE PLACE. STARTING AT 5 GOLD FOR THE WOOD ELF!”

OOC: Feel free to control the crowd
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:00

they see her glaring at both them and the fat guy
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:14

Khalista: "we're going to have to deal with him later. Anddd..." *she raises her hand for the five gold.*

*The elf seems to be popular, multiple other people bidding higher. A large, shaven headed man, probably from one of the fighting pits, bids five gold, and six silver.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:15

*The Elf mostly watches Khalista, having finally understood why everyone is shouting*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:17

*Khalista steadily out bets everyone, in the end paying eleven gold*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:31

*The crowd slowly dissipates with the Elf and Redhead being handed over by a very pleased slaver*

*The Elf who as it turns out, doesn’t seem to speak common has yet to try and escape as his chains are placed into Khalista’s Hands.*

OOC: So we’re all in the middle of the street. Khalista has the Wood Elf literally by the throat due to his chain collar, and the Redhead is being held by her handcuffs
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:33

she tries to pull away from her new captor's grasp almost immediately, to no avail
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:33

Khalista: *looking at him, then gideon* "How do you say buyers remorse in elvish?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:40

Gideon: “Haven’t the faintest fucking clue. As for you, what’s your name?”

*The Elf watches Khalista silently and then quite calmly pokes her arm*

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2017-10-27, 00:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:41

"...Ellia"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:46

*she bats his hand away.* "You'd think they'd have chained the serial killer a bit better....also We need to go to the market."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:48

"...what are you going to do to us?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:49

"I need salt, and charcoal. Unless you speak elvish?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:50

she shakes her head
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:51

“Market is this way.”
*He leads Khalista toward the market*
“As for you Ellia...what are you good at?”

*The Elf seems to take offence at this and makes a show of being unable to escape the chain that binds his wrists*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:52

she pauses at that, not sure what he means...a bit worried by what it might mean
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:52

"Oh you do understand a bit of basic?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:58

Gideon: “If you are to serve as part of my crew, I need to know what you’re good at”

Elf: *He utters a Sentence in old elvish, enough for her to recognise that its old elvish and thus she can translate elements of it. So from what she does know: “You own me?”

OOC: So the language of magic is old elvish.

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2017-10-27, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 00:59

Ellia:...crew?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 01:01

OOC: Khalista is using infernal, so lets say they have decent overlap, explaining why she can understand him a bit.

Khalista: "Yes, I do."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 01:05

OOC: Alright, in that case I’ll make what she understands a touch harder to work out.

Gideon: “I don’t need a sex slave, I bought you because I need a larger crew. They found you in a shipwreck, so what are you good at?”

Elf: *Another sentence* “Owner species?” *The language overlap is tedious to work with, as although many words are shared their tenses and meanings often aren’t.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 01:07

"...If I work for you...you'll free me?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 01:19

Gideon: “In a sense yes. If you run I’ll catch you, but if you work hard and remain as part of my crew for about a year your freedom is all but guaranteed”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2017-10-27, 01:22

"...I know my way around the rigging. And I can handle myself in a fight"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Age of Sails and Free Men
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next