Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
+4
Nazamroth
Himfea Gaur
Captain Raeven
Faelwen
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir BushWookie

Empires of Ashes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 19:20

Ooc: I get the feeling that the allies are getting crushed
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 19:26

OOC. ...well... the russian front is currently at the Himalayas and steadily moving eastwards, the japs just crushed the remaining brits in the east and met up with the germans in persia, the only thing slowing down the german offensive in North Africa is the desert, and im preparing to execute Operation Sealion by myself... Hungary is a serious threat to the UK... that should tell you all you need to know in its own...
Back to top Go down
https://warhammerrejects.forumotion.com
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 20:05

OOC: Well... the netherlands, with several metric shittons of US, UK, Canadian, and whatever else troop managed to reclaim itself.... its now a huge pain in the ass... Im gonna mobilise my woefully mislabelled Africa Corps, which never set foot in africa in it entire existence, and squash those weed-smoking bastards...
No one rebels on my watch!
Well, i mean im gonna do it tomorrow... and by tomorrow, i mean the day after that since ill be working pretty much all day tomorrow... so thursday, the dutch are gonna get crushed!...again! and then the brits! again! on homeland this time!
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-22, 20:08

heeeey
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:36

hhhheeeeeyyy
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:40

OOC continuing!
btw raeven
what would you say to a rp in the scouring (40k)
IC Trajan: negative. The river comes from the north. Our lands. Anything they do to it will only flow deeper into kelthro
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:44

OOC: hey why not, its an interesting period

IC: "You don't know kelthrovi tactics, they'll make as many holes in our walls with artillery as they can, then swarm us with slaves"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:46

"Hence the plan to have my best troops hold a corridor between here and the river. Ensuring a supply line and re-enforcement path is kept"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:47

OOC Very Happy yaaay
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:49

"They won't hold, that will be our greatest weakness, so they will throw everything they have at us there."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:50

"The silver legion have held against worse"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:58

"You have never held land in kelthro for long, for good reason"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 13:59

"What would you suggest"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 14:32

"The great weakness of slave armies is morale, we break their spirit"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 14:35

"Go on"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 14:36

"all things that frighten men, death, fire, beasts. we still have a few barrels of stracian fire."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 14:55

"Clavae"
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin
Nazamroth

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 18:54

OOC......well... the war is not going as splendidly now... Mainland europe is ours, but the germans are starting to overextend by trying to fight both the UK in africa, and the USSR in the syberian wastelands...
Basically, the enemy is using massive, useless, no-infrastructure lands to spread our forces too thin...
also, i just noticed that the entire japanese homeland has been conquered by the US.... Good thing i built all those forts in the Carpathians... i feel like im gonna have to use them sooner rather than later...
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 22:45

"Clavae will do nicely at scaring them, i suggest we allow them into the city some, then push them back, the enusing slaughter should be enough to rout them, possibly panicking the entire force"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 22:58

"True, but if I know sieges, they may try to starve us out"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-23, 23:11

"You know little of kelthrovi tactics, they'll come, and our only hope is to make them run, even if we kill 10 to one they have a hundred to one odds"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:04

"ah"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:08

"No matter how skilled our soldiers are, the'll just throw men at us until we tire out and eventually fall. how long can you fight trajan? an hour? 2? we'll get too tired to swing our swords before will kill them all"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:16

"Have you heard of the battle of the Longae Noctis, Ket? the long night? The last time your people tried an actual invasion north of the vein."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:19

"This will be nothing like that shambles, no, you were given time to rotate your men, gaps between waves, we learnt from that, just as one wave thins, another will strike, and after the tenth wave of slaves, when we're worn and bloodied, they'll hit us with real soldiers. and if that fails, the war beasts will come."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:21

"*laughs* it seems you are misinformed about that battle. There was no rotation. My Silver legion marched to meet them, with me at their head. We were ambushed at dawn by a massive force of your Sheshayo cavalry with slave support. Our counter charges were ineffective so we formed a circular shield-wall in the centre of the camp, forcing back charges and weathering arrow-fire. We held in the scorching sun for seven hours before our re-enforcements arrived and the enemy was routed and broken. We call it the long night cause my men still swear blind that the kelthrovi arrows were so many they blocked out the sun."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:22

Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:24

"That's physically impossible unless you were given time to rotate your men. No man can fight constantly for more than about 10-15 minutes at the most."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:25

"I've seen and done it lad"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:38

"7 hours of constant fighting? you're a liar and i'm no fool, an hour? possible, 2? perhaps, 3 would be pushing it even for my men, but 7? no man alive could hold a sword up for 7 hours, nevermind fight."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:41

OOC read the link guys :P
this has happened
IC "With the right troops, equipment, and the defensive advantage, its entirely possible when all that one must do is brace, raise your shield, and push back"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:44

OOC: they sat under arrow fire, not the kind of persian man wave tactics kelthro use, it would be impossible
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:46

OOC and note what trajan said
Whethering arrow-fire and pushing back the occasional slave charge
occasional
forgot to add that word before
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:50

"Then the general who commanded our forces in that battle was a moron, encirclement and and a committed offence would have annihilated your forces"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:54

"True, but this time we have far greater numbers, ranged support, and a greater defensive advantage, while the kelthrovi lack the element of surprise"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 00:59

"They have 2 armies, they have us trapped with no chance of reinforcement, no doubt they have artillery, and they'll have warbeasts. We cannot fight them toe to toe. to do so would be suicide."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:03

"We have four legions plus your forces and the cymrai. We have our own artillery in the legio tormenta. And our advance troops have secured the riverbank, and we have more forces inbound via the river, along with supplies."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:14

"Listen to me man, there are hundreds of thousands of men coming, more than ten times our forces combined. unless by reinforcements you mean every legion in dracia, we're in for a hell of a fight. If we can hold for a few days, the rest of the immortals might have traveled from the eastern border, thats another four thousand men. Enough immortals to equal a full legion." *he sighs and shakes his head.* "Our chances aren't good, I wont lie."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:15

"How ready are you to go down in history trajan? Because i'd rather like to survive this."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:20

"Why so glum general? I didnt reach my position without knowing how to plan a battle *grins*"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:32

"Your men will also need to destroy those siege towers"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:32

"I'm glum because a hell of a lot of good men will die" *he sighs* "who would have thought that I'd be putting my life in the hands of a dracian consul"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:36

"Well if you stop being so depressed maybe you can take a little control BY HELPING ME PLAN THE FUCKING DEFENCE!"
*The Prince does not look particularly happy*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:40

"*to mordred*Not a problem with the tormenta. But first, phase 1. *he pulls out a map* Reports are at least half the enemy are heading from the other side of the river. It will take them a while to reach it so we have time to prepare. The forces we have stationed there are almost all auxilia troops, and a small tormenta contingent. Step one of the plan will be destroying the bridges with the tormenta before the kelthrovi arrive. This will buy us some time while they devise an alternative, allowing us to ensure the defenses are prepared at the city. The auxilia forces there are experts at sabotage and ambush so while this happens, they will engage in lightning ambushes, hitting high priority targets without warning, and then retreating into hiding before a counterattack can be organised. Destroying supplies, killing officers, ect. When they finally devise a way to cross, such as using boats or something else to establish a temporary bridge, our men will wait for the kelthrovi to have partially crossed, then destroy their crossing point from concealed positions with the tormenta, before the auxilia engage and destroy the smaller force trapped on our side. Repeat as many times as possible to whittle down the kelthrovi as much as possible before they reach us."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:45

"You do realise that they are to the east and the south. You have no one to intercept them with"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:47

"The auxilia and tormenta are already at the river to the east. The kelthrovi coming from that direction will not reach the river for another few days"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:48

"How the hell are they there? Your reinfircements are to the north. That river is days away"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:50

"I dispatched them as we marched on the city originally. Pre planning, securing the riverbank incase we required a fallback point and to alert us of unexpected kelthrovi re-enforcements"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 01:54

"A fallback point that requires advancing......Well I'm just going to leave planning this to you since it's pretty obvious that I lack the foresight"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 02:01

"Advancing towards a point we control where we can swiftly resupply and re-enforce"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2015-12-24, 03:52

"You do realise that they can intercept anything you send down that river"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next