Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Barbed Hook

Go down 
+4
Sir BushWookie
Captain Raeven
Gorath
cow-man
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 04:26

"We aint good pilots"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 04:30

"I am"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 04:33

"Ah"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 04:34

"Pick something before they realise"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 04:36

"um....you're the pilot"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 04:40

"Just choose something"
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 14:12

One of the imperial fists is hit directly in the head, the ceramite splintering from the impact of the shot.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:08

???: "hey, aren't you supposed to be with tyron?"
*a marine without his helmet on walks down the ramp of a storm raven gunship, he has a bolt pistol at the hip, and a motif of a wing on his pauldron, signifying his status as a pilot*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:14

OOC stormravens dont exist yet
IC the fists quickly dive for cover or get into the transports as the recon squads take up their own concealed positions, snipers ready

Anders: and you are....?
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:21

Another few fists are hit before they can dive to cover. The power armour almost seems useless at the moment, the shots easily slamming through.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:24

by this point they're mounted up
"Commence creeping bombardment! now!"
the whirlwinds fire, in a carpet of explosions covering the entire battlefield just ahead of the transports, advancing across it at the same speed the transports do
the recon marines meanwhile spot muzzle flares and start to return fire
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:36

OOC btw
this be what the thorakite guys look like
The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 Pre_heresy_recon_marines_by_greyall-d8xkw83
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:39

"So the informants were correct, the, yet again.." the legionnaire leader muses to himself as a few of the alpha marines are decimated by the explosion. However, as the bombardment slams another round ofor explosives down, two squads of Alpha marines move out of hiding spots behind the fists, disregarding cloaks hiding their heat source and immediately firing, the bane strike rounds chewing through the surprised fists.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:40

OOC the fists be in their transports now except the recon marines
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 16:40

OOC that'll be the recon squads then.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:08

they conceal themselves with their cameleolines and return fire, accurate sniper shots slamming into the helms of the alpha legion infiltrators
the bombardment and transports continue advancing
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:11

A few of the legionnaires are hit, but the fists are too slow and are mown down in a matter of seconds as they attempt to put their cloaks on.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:17

OOC um....they were already wearing em
if they have them they're kinda constantly on like camo cloaks
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:22

OOC they knew were there were and we're ambushed, they dead m80
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:24

OOC alright chill yer beans
IC moments later the fists air support swoops down, as low flying fire raptors rake the infiltrators with a storm of deadly firepower
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:43

"So, they fell for it then..." the legionnaire whispers to himself. "They brought out there support. Fire the anti air, and release the wave."
A legionnaire takes a tarpaulin of several pieces of machinery, all revealing themselves to be deadly hyperios anti air systems.. Several soldiers mount them, firing with the advantage of surprise and rocking the sides of the air support, hundreds of missiles tearing through the armoured sides and bringing the ships down.
Meanwhile, several other hidden marines begin to reveal themselves, disabling rhinos with precise melta fire.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:49

Tracitus: so there they are. Tracitus to the Vengeance of Phall. Your targets have reavealed themselves. Fire at will.

as the aircraft continue destroying the infiltrators, the heavens open up as the planetary assault petard opens fire, heavy blasts slamming into the anti air weaponry and their general area. The rhinos meanwhile open fire with havoc launchers and heavy bolters (yes they can have those in 30k) returning fire on the melta wielders
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 17:57

OOC I just shot down the aircraft
IC
The legionnaire cackles madly to himself, the air support still firing.
"Did you actually all just see that? They actually just used an orbital bombardment on some decoys! Shows all you need is a couple of explosions at a place and they think they have the upper hand. Fall back with the air support, enough craft are down to continue."

The platforms stop firing, and are withdrawn from the area as fast as possible.
A few of the muestate soldiers are obliterated, but in the confusion several get close and place explosive charges on roughly half the rhinosize, completely unnoticed. The alpha legion force then slowly begins to fall back, hiding as best as they can whilst the flanking force loads into rhinos of their own, speeding out of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 18:04

Hyperios missiles are as effective as krak missiles vs vehicles
So vs fire raptors, not bad not great
Factor in the number of fire raptors, evasive manouvers and chaff launchers, theres no way theyre all gone
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 18:07

OOC didn't realise s8 Ap3 was worse than a krak missile, or did they change em
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 18:08

Its the same as a krak, which was the point i made
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 18:10

OOC ok then, not all of em are taken down, but they all take some sort of damage. Plus, it was a surprise attack, how did they react so fast?
But yeah, let's just carry on i guess.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 18:15

*the marine walks over* "I'm a pilot, if that wasn't obvious, and you lot are loitering in a hangar"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 18:58

The fire raptors pursue the rhinos, disabling them with little difficulty. Meanwhile the scorpius whirlwinds and orbital bombardment begin raking the area where the alpha legion are falling back and attempting to conceal themselves
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:07

The legionnaires simaltaneously click the buttons on their detonators, obliterating many of the rhinos,  then use the confusion to mount rhinos and get out of there before the damage fire raptors can catch up.

Last edited by Ortus on 2016-01-20, 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:09

Many do not escape the fury of the gunships, however, as their avenger cannons and reaper autocannons tear through their relatively light armour
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:17

Enough escape for the carnage to be worth it, with heavy casualties inflicted on the fists it is considered a success for the alpha legionnaires.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:24

Captain Lance: *lance is sitting at a console, watching a grainy satellite image of the combat below* "Fire on the Rhinos, saturation delta, walking barrage, bearing 1, 7, 5."

*The huge cannons, fire, huge propellent charges de-orbiting the gigantic high explosive shells at immense speed, hurtling towards the retreating rhinos*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:27

Lyanna: so?

The fists have already regrouped.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:30

Pilot: "So... you're technically still hostile soldiers... walking around in a hangar full of incredibly dangerous aircraft. wouldn't be doing my job if i didn't ask."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:36

"Cause we're such a huge threat"
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:42

Within minutes, the surviving rhinos are out of view. They leave behind them many, many fallen imperial fists and plenty of squads who died in the confines of their rhinos because of the explosive charges.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:44

Tracitus: well then. Looks like our probing force worked. +Hold off the primary deployment for now+
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:45

"Well he's wearing power armour, and the pair of you aren't a non threat. C'mon, I'll take you to a spare barracks block, get you some food. see if i can't find Tyron too"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:46

"It's fine, we aren't hungry"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:52

"Okay..." *he stops, and his brain ticks over for a few seconds, his hand moves a little towards his bolt pistol, and his brow furrows.* "Can any of you pilot any of these?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:53

"We're soldiers, not pilots"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 19:59

"Him though *he points at (I cant remember his name Lucian or something right?*, we still know nothing about him, apparently you explained a bit to tyron. You look the type to be able to pilot ships"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 20:00

Anders: how does one tell that from looking?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 20:01

"He's been through some shit, you can tell."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 20:07

*he cocks his head slightly and looks intently at him* "Yeah... you carry yourself like a marine."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 20:07

Anders: doesn't equal pilot skills
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 20:09

"Equals knowing what he's doing, and if what i've heard is correct, he's a mercenary, so that equals jack of all trades." *his brow furrows in slight distaste at the word mercenary*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 20:33

Lyanna: well he can't do shit while he's carrying me around can he?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 21:45

"That is a point, weren't you supposed to be in the medical bay?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime2016-01-20, 21:46

"No, I'm fine"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Barbed Hook    The Barbed Hook    - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Barbed Hook
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next