Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
+4
Sir BushWookie
Captain Raeven
Gorath
Dargoth
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 13:42

Diana: "The adrine bridge massacre was aptly named. I have been dead to them for two years, they will have come to terms with it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 13:43

"Ket, do you know why Dracian legionarries are the best soldiers in the known world? Don't try to dispute that fact, our track record of conquests more proves it."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:19

Ket: "I dispute that fact. you are superior to immortals only in numbers."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:21

"That wasn't what I asked."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:24

Ket: *looks mildly confused* "Dracian legionaries are well trained, well equipped, and numerous. that is your advantage, no?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:25

"*chuckles* There's more to a soldier than training and equipment. Tell me ket, what do the soldiers of kelthro fight for?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:37

Ket: "That depends on the individual soldier. My immortals fight for the man at their shoulder. if you are referring to slaves, they fight for their lives."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:40

"Slaves, who make up more than ninety percent of your armed forces. And the soldiers of Thengul, they fight for their enjoyment, and for booty. The soldiers of Voldamia, for some sense of honour and loyalty. Powerful forces in the heart of a man, yes, but these are ideas. Beliefs. A good motivator to be sure, But they have their limits. Nothing tangible. Nothing physically real."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:54

Ket: "To motivate a man, you must simply make to fight their only option. A cornered man fights harder than any other."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 14:56

"A cornered man who survives also never wants to be in that position again. And will likely resent you for putting him in that position. She knows what I'm getting at."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:01

Diana: "The bridge was the worst moment of my life. I do not resent my general for sending me there, i resent him for not sending enough of us to win."

Ket: *Raises an eyebrow, and looks at the dracian.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:10

"Have you really forgotten? Legionary!"
a legionary approaches
"Why did you sign up soldier?"
Legionary: for my family Sir. Joining the legion meant that we'd have enough money that so long as I'm serving, they'll never have to work again. They're warm, fed, and housed, all because I chose to do this. They're safe and happy because of my enlistment.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:22

Ket: "Admirable. however, money is the worst motivator of men."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:23

Legionary: it isn't the money. It's knowing that they're happy and safe. Looked after.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:32

Diana: *Looks at him strangely* "I signed up to stop the kelthrovi raids."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:35

Legionary: I signed up because now my little brother won't starve to death before he grows up. Because it means my family are able to actually afford food when times get hard, like in the winter and the crops die.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 15:39

Diana: "Better starving than a slave."

Ket: "Diana, please, dracia shares our views... for the most part."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:05

Valdorus takes a step towards diana
"I can understand your choice Diana. I can even sympathise. Better this than the other option. But, the moment you say you no longer consider yourself Dracian, you lose that from me. Dracia is the most powerful nation in the known world, we are the rightful heirs of Stracia and the first Dragonslayers. You Say you are a new recruit? Well, that leaves me with two options of what to think about you. Either you were recruited long enough ago that you forsook the nation that ensured the safety and happiness of your family, and fought for the very slavers who took you, and who you enlisted to stop, or you were recruited recently enough that Ket here had already rebelled, and so I must conclude by the speed with which you forsake your heritage in order to proclaim loyalty to your new friends shows just how fickle you really are. And I doubt your new friends should trust such fickle loyalty."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:10

Diana: *grits her teeth* "We have been fighting slavers since i met them. two years, and they saved me from a fate worse than death after i was marched to that god forsaken bridge to die as a delaying action. No hollow words of loyalty to the rightful heirs of the ancient empire matter to me, only actions. I have found people who believe in the same ideals i do. I would spit, but i would not like to soil the ground with my spite."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:12

Valdorus is about to retort but stops due to a thud in the doorway
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:13

Ket: "I think we may take that as a reason to stop this fruitless argument."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:15

*the thud was LI entering the room*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:18

Ket: "LI, Good to see you."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:19

LI: *in reference to Diana* Who's she?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:21

Ket: "One of my soldiers, she was giving a report" *She is wearing full immortal plate, but his holding her helmet in her left hand, and her right hand on her swords pommel*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:27

She walks over to Diana, eerily silently
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:32

Diana: *looks a little wide eyed, but remains steadfast. her knuckles going white around the pommel of his sword*

Ket: "What are you doing LI?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:34

LI: Hello.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:36

Diana: *takes a step back* "H-h-hello."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:37

LI: Is something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:39

Ket: "Li, stop this."

Diana: "No..... Nothing." *she meets Li's gaze*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:40

LI doesn't say anything. she offers her hand to Diana instead.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:42

*Ket rests his hand on his swordhilt, his face furrowed with concern*

Diana: *Reaches out hesitantly*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:42

she shakes it
"Do not fear me. I am not an enemy."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:46

Ket: *Relaxes his hand* "Your reputation is more fearsome than even ours, Li. Fear is inerrant, even among your own allies."

Diana: *Shakes back, and simply knods*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:50

"You are Dracian?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:52

Diana: "I was."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:52

"I do not follow your meaning"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:56

Diana: "I was born dracian, now i am an immortal."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 16:57

"So am I"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:05

Diana: "Uhhh... metaphorically speaking. not, really."

Ket: "LI, please, stop."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:06

LI: I am sorry. *to diana* You...are interesting. Would you like to...talk for a while?
*she's not sure of her wording, hence the pausing*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:07

Diana: "Um..." *Looks at ket for permission? reassurance maybe? in any case he knods his approval*
"of course."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:08

"Then lets...walk. I like walking the city battlements. Reminds me of home."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:10

Diana: "Lead the way, clavae."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:10

"thankyou"
she walks out
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:13

*As diana walks out, she takes her shield and spear from where they were lent against the wall, and has replaced her helmet, she carries the huge steel round shield with ease.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:17

LI: what is your name?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:18

Diana: "Diana Legati."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:24

"I am called LI"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2016-10-17, 17:24

Diana: "LI? that's a strange name."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next