Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A slightly smaller Mess

Go down 
+3
Captain Raeven
Sir BushWookie
Azrok
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 21:39

*As does the sergeant. his rank denoted by the midnight black paint of his helmet* "You cannot fail to notice the air of... tension." *he speaks slowly, words chosen with care*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 21:40

"Of course I can't. Let us not dance around the subject. We are looked down upon, no?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 21:44

"By some, certainly." *his tone is hard to decipher. The sentence is simply a statement, with no weight given to if he agrees or not.* "Logen believes you to be a perversion of the emperors work. In his own words, brought about by guillimans pride and hubris." *again, he betrays no sense of either allegiance to logen's words, or opposition to them*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 21:49

the marine ejects the supply from his plasma incinerator, cleaning the insertion point out
"Perhaps we are. I'm not the person to make that judgement. I just know why I was created, and what my job is. No sense wasting time on that when there are people to protect, and enemies to kill."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 21:54

"Spoken like a salamander. Mostly." *there is an edge of approval in this tone this time.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:12

*Max carries his wife to their bedroom and lays her down on the bed, before returning to Kerak now wearing his own suit of semi powered armour . The only real noticeable difference between his and Akira's is that his was obviously built for a man and has a built in coat*

Max: "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:13

Kerak: "My kindred thirst for a fight."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:14

"I appreciate the sentiment"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:22

*the sergeant takes on a more... fatherly tone, as he sits down on the deck. Odd to be talked to like this by someone a foot shorter than you.* "Logen can be rash, prone to snap judgements."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:26

"I can see why he is an assault marine. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his fury in battle."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:27

Max: "As do I. We'll land just below the bridge, and clear our way to it. Once we're there I can vent the ship and bring a skeleton crew aboard to fly her home. Then we board the other vessel, exact same plan. Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:34

Kerak: "Waste of good meat."

Sergeant: "You'll witness it soon enough."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:40

Max: "Would you prefer it if I simply let you and your Kroot hunt them down once we've got control of the bridge?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:42

"I'm sure I will."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:48

Kerak: "It will be a great hunt."

Sergeant: "You have only seen ultramarines fight as of yet, aside from the captain and his guard?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 22:54

"No. We were a part of the unnumbered sons, guilliman's primary force in the crusade. There are astartes within the sons from every first founding chapter."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:07

"I am unsure if that is a brilliant idea... or an idiotic one." *he cocks his head slightly to one side, in thought*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:11

"I am told the intent is that we learn from eachother's combat styles. The lord commander believes that the extreme differences between the legions were a contributing factor to the cause of the horus heresy."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:21

"Hmmmmn... That... That i take ire with."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:25

"Not removing who we are as a chapter mind. Just making sure we work better with our brothers from other chapters. Our variety and autonomy is important. But we cannot be so isolated we are incompatible"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:39

"I would argue that incompatibility is... Impossible to remove... And raises a question."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:44

"Namely?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-19, 23:50

"I would not ask you such a question. As i know how you would answer, the question would simply be if you were lying." *he looks dead at the marine* "Where does your first loyalty lie, after the imperium? With the chapter, or the brothers guilliman stood you beside?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:00

"At this exact moment? Noctis. I simply have yet to fight beside any of our chapter outside my primaris brothers. However *finishes his weapon maintenance* It is my hope, and that of Noctis, that our captain, along with you and your brothers, will be able to show us what it means to be salamanders. If you can ever bring yourselves to not look upon us with scorn."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:26

"..." *he sighs, opens the clasp of his combat blade's sheath with a quick movement of thumb and forefinger, and draws the blade into his lap, retrieving a whetstone, and working on its edge.*
"I understand Brother Logen's anger." *he drags the stone along the edge in long strokes* "You wear our colours, yet know nothing of us."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:32

"Not nothing. Our honoured brother has taught us what he can."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:34

"Of course, the dreadnought. But the point does stand. There is a process to becoming an astartes. A path we all walked, the shared experience is... Important among a chapter."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:36

"I know. This is something we cannot help however. Not something we had a say in."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:39

*he runs the stone along the edge, a long, rasping sound* "Which is why i blame guilliman, and not you. He has made... errors."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:45

"He is far from perfect. But these are far from perfect times. We have little choice, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:53

"I fear he may have done more harm than good. In the worst case, i see brothers rebelling against his orders."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:54

"And what of you, brother?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 00:58

"I have no love for Robute Guilliman. But i will follow, for the sake of the imperium's people."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:02

"And if other chapters share your sanity, then things should go well."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:06

"They unfortunately do not. The wolves and the dark angels will most likely resist guillimans commands."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:10

"Considering the situations they are both in, turning down reinforcement seems suicidal."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:11

"You do not know the wolves." *he tests the edge of the blade with his thumb* "Their pride and tradition may well have them refuse."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:16

Laurence: *reaches out and picks a book off charles' shelf* "So where do you plan on going after the resupply run?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:17

Charles: unsure. I was considering Armageddon, aid in the extraction of imperial forces.

Marine: maybe.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:20

Laurence: "The salamanders would approve. But we're hardly equipped to help an evacuation. They are certainly."

Sergeant: "Speaking of the wolves. A thought occurs."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:22

Charles: true. But we can aid it in other ways. Defending evac zones and such.

Marine: namely?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:25

Laurence: "You know as well as i we'd be better used in more covert operations. Scions are skilled, but carapace armour does nothing to stop a bolt shell to the face" *He raises an eyebrow*

Sergeant: "You have no assault units. How did the crusade function?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:32

Charles: do you know the situation on armageddon, laurence?

Marine: usually through the use of highly mobile, superior firepower
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:37

Sergeant: "Hmn." *Obvious disapproval sound*

Laurence: "I'm assuming bad, the place is always a shit hole" *Is leafing through the book, charles sees the spine, its Jekyl and Hyde.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:39

"Besides, we can fight in melee just fine, we just tend to let the enemy become whittled down by our fire before we engage them. Especially useful in defensive missions, where lives may hang upon keeping the enemy at a distance"

Charles: the world is half engulfed in the warp now, with khornate and tzeentchian daemons battling across its surface, as well as the ork infestation.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:43

Sergeant: "Uhuhhh.... I'm not irked by your lack of chainswords, but by your tactics. You've a lot to learn."

Laurence: *turns page, looks over the top of the book, and mouths the word exterminatus*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:46

Marine: agreed.

Charles: however, we cannot simply leave that many good men to die on its surface, no? Especially not after the last attempt to 'clean up' armageddon....
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:49

Laurence: "You realise... Were going to have to kill the job lot of them this time. Half the planet's in the warp they're all tainted."

Sergeant: "Highly mobile is not something we embrace."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 01:52

Charles: Are you kidding me? Do you know how many men are there? We can't afford that loss of man power, and we especially can't afford what happened last time.

Marine: I assume you're more mobile than say, the militarum.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 02:04

Laurence: "We can't afford that many men going over to the other side."

Sergeant: "Somewhere between the guard and our brother chapters. We prefer a slower more careful approach, but not the millitarums artillery campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime2017-06-20, 02:07

Charles: damned if we do, damned if we don't.

the brother nods, examining part of his gun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   A slightly smaller Mess - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next