Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-09, 23:57

"I see."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-09, 23:58

theresa lets out an exasperated sigh
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 00:34

Yenn turns away from theresa, observing instead, the auxillary soldiers around them
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 00:35

she can tell they're not far from the cavalry part of the camp now. she can see horses not too far off. Said horses are of incredibly fine stock indeed, even at a glance seeming larger and stronger than anything kelthro can provide.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 00:50

"Fine beasts."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 16:21

Theresa: aye. They're Karabachi horses. Biggest n strongest north of the vein.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 16:54

Yenn: "A cross between then and kelthrovi stock, may have favourable results."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 17:34

she shrugs
"Tell that t' the karabachi, doubt they'd be 'appy with that"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 18:27

"How much silver would they ask for a stallion?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 18:31

she shrugs
"none o this lot'll sell to ye lass. Karabachi adore their damn steeds. Every man among em's had that horse since it were a foal. Best luck'd be gettin one from a dead man, or goin to Karabach yerself."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 20:48

"There will be plenty of dead men soon enough"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 21:08

Theresa: gotta bank on the horse outlivin the man eh? *she starts walking towards the horses*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 22:56

Yenn shrugs, and follows
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 23:01

they see one of the soldiers tending to the closest horse. Beside it lies his armour, and the horses. there's a lot, enough to make man and beat together near impervious to harm
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 23:37

Yenn appears unimpressed
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-10, 23:38

the man doesn't seem to notice, gently grooming the horse with some sort of brush
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-11, 00:06

Yenn continues walking
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-12, 00:48

Mord: “Pila make for a cumbersome and inefficient spear, they are serviceable but not good enough in my eyes. Plus, if my history is correct did Dracia too not equip her finest warriors with spear and sword?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-12, 00:49

Trajan: once. Don't forget, we do still have spearmen, nephew.

Theresa keeps up with her
"They call this lot the Gravis Equites. Heavy horsemen, though guessin ye figured that out"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 00:52

Mord: “In the form of your auxiliaries yes, but that still leaves your formations with an exploitable weakness. Still, back to the point...just how do you communicate with your army in battle? I have ideas but I’ve never led a true large scale engagement”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 23:34

"I had indeed"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 23:40

Theresa: not quite Voldamians but they're damn nasty. It'd take going head on at pikemen to break their charge.

Trajan: Musicians, riders and standard bearers. Proper support staff, in other words.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 23:50

"Or sufficient weight of bodies."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 23:51

Theresa: wouldn't break the charger, just bog 'em down after
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-14, 23:57

"Much the same, if you do not care for the mens lives."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-15, 19:41

Theresa: aye lass. that's why ya don't just charge em into a massive blob o men head on eh?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 01:45

"So what shall they be useful for? Fighting, as we are, kelthrovi slavers."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 08:05

Mord: *Nods* “That’s what I imagined. I understand supplies and logistics, to feed an army and keep it marching. I just have yet to focus on the battlefield, it will be strange to not be in complete control...I will have to learn to let go and trust in my Dewi, while mastering the art of command. I don’t suppose you have any advice for that, Uncle”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 19:10

Theresa:...lass yer not seriously askin me ta' explain what ya use heavy cavalry for are ye? Figured ye'd already know that.

Trajan: if you want to trust them, you need to know them. Keep them in the loop, keep them loyal, do not distance yourself from them. And I can say the same for your men.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:18

Mord: “I’ll do that, of course as my legions grow it will become harder to maintain it. But thank you”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:19

Trajan: there's a good trick to keeping your men loyal to you. *he grins* come. Just so happens I was about to do this anyway. *he unbuckles and unlaces his armour, placing it on a nearby stand. underneath he wears a surprisingly simple tunic, like those of the common troops*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:23

Mord: “Dress like them? So upon seeing you they see you as one of their own?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:27

Trajan: not just that. It's not about appearing as one of them. It's about being one of them. *he gestures to two of his guards, who like him, with practiced efficiency, remove their armour. he then moves to the lip of the tent, the guards in tow*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:46

Yenn: "I am asking how you will use them. I know how i shall, but you? Tsk. I am unsure."

Last edited by Captain Raeven on 2019-05-17, 23:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:47

Theresa narrows her eyes at that
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:57

Yenn: "You Dracians..." She rolls her wrist, gesturing. "You're... Direct. I do not like directness in war. I want to know how you will fight, before i must fight with you. So tell me, How will you break the grand army with these." She gestures at the men and horses before them
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:58

Theresa: did the accent not tell ye lass? I aint Dracian.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-17, 23:59

Yenn: "Does each clan and tribe which the Empress brought to heel still call themselves such? No. You bow to the senate, you are dracian."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:00

Theresa: Damn right we still call ourselves such lass. Besides, dya reckon the empire'd be as big as it was if we didn't know what we were bloody doin?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:05

Yenn: "I do not leave such things to assumption. Now tell me how you will utilise your cavalry."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:06

Theresa: did ya make demands like that t' the consul lass? How bout the first spear?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:07

Yenn: "I trust them to inform me, if they have not, upon the eve of battle, i shall make such demands."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:08

Theresa: y' make demands o the guy payin ye? I aint a mercenary lass but I feel like he's holdin more cards here than ye.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:14

Yenn: "Dead men can be paid no silver."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:14

Theresa: and living ones can be denied it.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:20

Yenn: "I did not take Consul Trajan as a man who would refuse to fulfil contract.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:23

Theresa: He aint one to take kindly to people talkin down to his highest officers, lass. I'm in command of the auxiliaries attached to his 4th legion, and since the 4th legion's in charge here, i'm in charge of all 60 thousand of us bastards in the army. I'm the most powerful non dracian here, lass. I got his ear, we've bled together. If I decide I don't like ye, he hears about it. I'm tryin awful hard to like ye, and yer not makin it easy fer me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:28

Yenn: "I am not here to be liked. I am here to win your war for you."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:28

Theresa: and that's gonna go a whole lot easier if ye get that stick out of yer arse.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:31

Mord: *Follows behind Trajan* “I see”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime2019-05-18, 00:31

Yenn: "It would be easier if you could maintain a semblance of professionalism."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next