Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes Reboot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:02

"She is indeed formidable."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:04

Theresa pauses. Something about what she just said to Yenn hasn't sat easy with her. After another, deep swig of wine, she finally answers.
"Aye. That she is."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:37

Yenn swirls the wine around in her glass, observing the patterns. "A good vintage, this. Where did you find it?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:38

Theresa: loot from Khasut, had it a few months now.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:49

Yenn: "Ahh Khasut. It was quite the city before you burned it."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:50

Theresa: You visit the slave slums there? *spits* Gilded cage with wealthy guards. Nothin more.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:58

Yenn: "Slaves are slaves the world over. Guards or no."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 21:59

Theresa: Not in Dracia they aint. We aint got em there.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:08

Yenn: "Peasants starve and freeze just like slaves. Words bind, just as chains and whips."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:09

Theresa: less of em in Dracia than anywhere else. Prince or peasent, rich or poor, everyone can find food work n pay in the legions.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:13

Yenn: "And what will you do when you conquer the whole continent?" Yenn sips her wine and mumbles to hereslf "Yes... quite good." Looking back up, she continues her train of thought "What use will the mighty legions be, when all other armies are crushed?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:15

Theresa: dunno. Taken a thousand years to get this far, they'll prolly have some solution by the time we're done. 's above my pay grade anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:18

Yenn: "There will always be the rich, and the poor. Dracia cannot change that."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:19

Dracia: aye, but poor and slave aint the same thing, and we look after our poor.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:29

Yenn: "I dislike Dracian authoratarianism. I see you all as slaves to your senate. Willingly so, which perhaps makes it all the worse."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:31

Theresa: The senate rule us. N we control who gets t' be a senator. If there's some berk doin stuff the people don't like, we can vote 'im out. Aint gotta put up wit' cunts in charge fer life wi' absolute power.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:43

Yenn: "Ah yes, elections. Because those are never bought are they."

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 22:45

Theresa: not anymore.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 23:09

Yenn: "So you say."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-25, 23:53

Theresa: Last time anythin like that happened there were a...purge. Corrupt politicians killed in their homes n all that. I aint familiar with all th' details.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:13

Yenn: "The same everywhere. Cruel and corrupt jarls are sent to the tree by the high king, a noble family cut down, senators dragged into the streets. What is the difference?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:22

Theresa: I aint exactly t' person to debate politics lass. Aint got the mind for it. I know war, n' I know what I seen. *she pauses, glancing down at a scar on her wrist* 'n what I felt. N' I know they don't do that shite to people in the empire.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:23

Yenn: "So you think. But i have seen Khasut. You left a great plenty of corpses, and maimed men there."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:24

"All soldiers lass. Didn't kill civilians. We don't do that."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:25

Yenn: "So what did you do with them? I saw no merchants, no farmers, in the ruins."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:27

Theresa: Poor ones we re-settled in the empire. Rich ones, we took their wealth n told em to start runnin.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:38

Yenn: "Forcing them from their homes and stealing their silver, its no surprise the Kelthrovi dispise you with a passion now is it?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:48

Theresa's eyes narrow.
"After that they did t' me, I don't give a damn. Ask t' centurion if he gives a damn after they dragged the only person he cared about off in chains t' be raped n tortured. Ask LI if she gives a damn after the hell those bastards put her through. T' free people of Khasut were outnumbered three t' one by those in bondage. It's a mercy that we didn't put every one o those bastards to the sword while we were busy freein the people they called property, n' treat like their damn playthings."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:50

Yenn smiles "Finally." she points at theresa with her free hand "Now i know what you want. Why does everyone have to hide it?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 00:54

Theresa: cause it's not somethin I particurlarly enjoy relivin lass. Ye can see fer yerself. I'm 'pretty' *she almost spits the word* 'specially if ye take away the scars. I aint gotta explain what they did t' me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 01:00

Yenn: "So you want revenge. Good. You'll have plenty."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 01:01

Theresa: Aint 'bout revenge. The fuckers who violated me're dead or worse now, Justinian made sure o' that. 's about savin any other poor fuckers who're goin through the same shit I did.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 04:55

The prince smirks and nods, visibly lowering his guard.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 18:55

Yenn shrugs. "There are slaves in my household, you know."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:05

Theresa:...*eyes narrow* I'd be quiet bout tha' round 'ere lass.

Trajan smiles at that. He then turns back to the men. "I won't keep you any longer. Enjoy your drinking, boys." *the men salute him, and he salutes back, before he begins walking deeper into the camp*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:10

"They're treated well. But i do not tell you this for no reason, i tell you so i can ask, what will you do with them when you storm my home?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:17

Theresa: Can't speak for what other dracians do. Can speak for what the IVth does.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:24

Yenn: "So when they draw blades to defend my property you will...?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:26

Theresa: if we can take em alive, we will. If we do that, same as the other slaves we take from yer lot. Consul's bought up massive amounts of land back home in t' empire. He pays out o pocket for em to be found homes there, n have money to start a new life there.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:35

Yenn smirks a little "But you wont take them alive. That is their home as much as it is mine. Silver they have earned, they will not hand over meekly."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:38

Theresa: In that case, ye shouldn't be wonderin what'll happen to em. Not happy 'bout it, but most o the fuckers we kill in battle with the kelthrovi are slaves aint they? Same deal. Nothin t' be done bout it.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:51

Yenn: "Battle and looting are rather different things."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:53

Theresa: the lads'll defend emselves. If they won't surrender, and they're armed, we both know how that ends.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:54

"Self defense is an interesting justification for looting my house."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 20:55

Theresa: ye tryin to lecture me on what does n don't go in war? 's war lass. 's ugly, n 's brutal, n bad shit happens.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 21:04

"It is indeed. I am well enough aqquainted with it, but, in my experiance, a war of liberation, such as you appear to be espousing, does not usually involve killing or forcibly transplanting the populace, and looting everything."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 21:06

Theresa: 's not what we always do. If they surrender n wanna stay put, we let em, after freein em anyway.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 21:12

"Would you also be freeing them from... oh, as an example, their rather expensive collars?" She swirls her wine "The craftsmanship is truly impressive i must say."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 21:13

Theresa: *frowns* Up to them. Once they're free, they choose.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 21:15

"And say... whatever assets the head of my household has amassed in my name? Through shrewd trading and such?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2019-05-26, 21:19

Theresa: put it this way lass. If yer people agree to let their slaves go, those guilty of puttin em through hell get punished, and any who wanna relocate do so, we tend to leave em be save make em follow our laws. Khasut n stuff like that was...a special case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes Reboot   Empires of Ashes Reboot - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes Reboot
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next