Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

City of the dammed

Go down 
+2
cow-man
Local Bat Enthusiast
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
cow-man

City of the dammed - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:26

Ooc: I've got a pounding headache...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:27

OOC fine if you guys really care so much about something 100% inconsequential IC but was only intended to show you guys something OOC then fine
Back to top Go down
Fate

Fate

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:27

The member 'Gorath' has done the following action : Challange Fate

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:28

OOC: Thats not the only thing which is pounding, nerus

HEYO
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:29

Ooc gorath with things like this you have to roll to find anything no matter how unrelevant. You get to terms with It quick
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:30

OOC: Like that time arthur tried to find a can in a super market to make a trap for genestealers...
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:30

Ooc: there is only littered streets, anything of value is quickly taken by thieves, muggers, or the homeless, you find no guardsman corpse, nor any power packs.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:31

OOC that's kinda dumb. again it wasn't for any in character purpose it was literally a way of trying to convey something about his character
1st rule of storywriting: show don't tell. how the hell can I show you he collects stuff like this rather than telling you when i have to waste time rolling for it every time?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:31

and fine then honus, he finds it on the body of one of the guys he killed with a stickbomb earlier
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:32

Ooc: they were not carrying guns, and I don't think you killed any.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:32

OOC: He blew some back and then they left
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

OOC you said they were hit with fire and shrapnel. i thought this was meant to be realistic cause that would definitely kill at least one
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

Ooc by not moaning and following the rules. Sorry to be blunt.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:33

OOC yeah but then every time it'll be like 'oh I think I'll subtly convery something about this guy by having him actually do it in order to inform the others about him and hint at something else, oh wait rolled a 1, his character remains bland and uninteresting'
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:34

OOC: Then...yousay...this stuff...in the characters...back story...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:35

OOC do I need to repeat myself hyp?
1st rule of storytelling: show don't tell
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:35

Ooc he killed some. And cant help it. Prepare a story for people to know immediately or its the will of the dice gods.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:36

OOC: Gorath, are you going to contiune bitching about this and stopping progress or quit

thy

bitching
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:37

OOC but ortus, a story everyone knows immediately is a bad, boring story. and one left to the dice gods for every little inconsequential thing could end up just as boring. rolling for fighting or looking for something that actually effects things a lot? fair enough. something like this which will effect nothing? seems just pointless
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:38

Ooc: so your going to loot bodies that you blew up with a frag grenade?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:38

OOC: Which he didn't even kill

Seems legit
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:39

OOC you said they didn't go down from the original blast. but if it was realistic they'd go down to their wounds not long after
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:40

OOC: Exactly
once they walked away
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:41

OOC they really wouldn't get far
at all
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:42

Ooc gorath
Not gonna lie
If you disagree with that principle you shouldn't join this thread
But I agree with them people dying
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:42

OOC:...Considered frag grenades are str 3

and people survive shots through the heads...also depends how close they were to the blast
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:43

Ooc: erm...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:43

OOC As I said ortus, rolling for things that actually effect anything I'm perfectly fine with. but there is literally no point in rolling for this. infact he already has enough that when he gets back he'll realize it and throw these new ones away
and hyp name ONE normal human who has survived a grenade at incredibly close proximity
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:45

OOC: People survive land mines when they tread on em over in iraq, haven't you heard the news lately?

and land mines are alot more effective than frag grenades
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:45

Ooc: soldiers survive I.E.Ds... do they count?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:46

OOC yeah but if nothing else they are mortally wounded and would die without medical attention
IMMEDIATE medical attention
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:47

OOC: Someone survived a 50.cal through the head, and survived without immediate medical attention.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:47

OOC that's completely unrelated. it's a bullet not an explosion
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:48

OOC: Dude

50.cal

50! Those are worse than explosions!
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:49

Channing moss survived a rpg shot to the chest..
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:49

Ooc oh shut up.
Gorath its how dice rps work
Spike and olli atleast one would have been killed at close range.
Continue glorious dm.
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:51

OOC: depends on 1. Shrapnel count they got imbedded with 2. how close they were

there are always variables ortus
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:51

OOC 1) hyp it's still unrelated, the wound type is completely different and the chances of that guy surviving were so slim they wouldn't effect this at all anyway
2) I'm guessing it didn't explode. otherwise he would have been ripped apart.
3) I still just see no point in rolling for something that changes nothing and just results in leaving my character bland if I get a bad roll
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:52

Ooc: ...well, I forgot about the stick bomb... so you have that, however, I doubt they were carrying lasgun power packs and lasguns considering they had stuff like shivs, bats and chains... and one dude with a old shotgun... plus they would've got shredded.
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:53

Ooc that was an attempt to stop this... im off then. Nothing interesting is happening. Seeya all.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:54

OOC I still see no point in rolling for it. since as I said it effects nothing and is just to try and show you something about him
If someone can tell me the point I'll concede it, but so far you've just said 'because it's how it works'.
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:54

Ooc: I didn't think this would work... never mind.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:55

OOC Not like it matters at this point anyway. just that I see rolling for something that changes nothing really pointless
it would be like rolling for his next bloody step
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:56

Ooc: not really, you were basically getting gear without a challenge or anything, you just assumed it was there and did it.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:57

OOC It changes nothing as I said. nothing at all. as I said when he gets back to his home base thing he's just gonna throw it away anyway cause he'll find out it doesn't fit with what he needs. it literally changes nothing
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:57

Ooc I looked forward to it. Oh well.
And bloody hell gorath shut up already. It is. Deal with It. Finding gun
s and ammo in a city of gangs isnt easy.
Farewell.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

*in a hushed voice"
"You know I could betray him, I'd rather not die..."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:58

OOC ortus calm down seriously, I just want someone to tell me the point in rolling for that. if someone does, and it is something other than 'cause that's how it works' then fair enough
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-14, 23:59

Ooc: you can't just say you find stuff, that's not how it works; if you assume you find stuff, no matter how pointless, what's the point of even having a DM? Might as well not have one.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-15, 00:00

OOC The point is for when that stuff actually effects stuff. in this case, as I've said several times, it will effect literally nothing
at
all
Back to top Go down
Ortus

Ortus

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime2014-06-15, 00:01

Ooc a reason to stay!
And I just gave you another bloody reason. City of gangs. Gun and ammo on floor. Whether relevant or not.itd be hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City of the dammed   City of the dammed - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City of the dammed
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next