Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood, Sand and Tank Treads

Go down 
+5
Captain Raeven
Dargoth
Nazamroth
Local Bat Enthusiast
Sir BushWookie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:31

yeah tech thralls and skully things are fine
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:32

why would I use tech thralls though

We have a new name for em now

they are called skitarii
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:33

same reason you'd use conscripts instead of guardsmen
meat shields
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:34

why the hell would I use tech thralls as meatshields when I could use servitors

Many

Many
Servitors
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:35

why not both
also
dis woman got any praetorian servitors?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:36

*Once the Ork lines are within Earthshaker cannon range all of the centaurs that are towing Earthshaker cannons break off and begin setting up with two leman russ tanks going with them*

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 2015-04-19, 12:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:36

Praetorians aren't servitors

They are elite skitarii techguard

I know why you would call them servitors though, as thats what it says on lexicanium, but I have proof that they aren't
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:38

praetorian servitors are a thing dude
they're used as bodyguards for tech priests and are usually made from ogryns
at least that's what I've read
and bush
wanna continue in the alaric thing?
IC a pair of praetors set up alongside the earthshakers
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:40

I've read a entire trilogy of books with praetorian skitarii in them
You can't trust everything on lexicanium gor

Its mostly all outdated
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:41

Praetorians: These are the elite of the Skitarii. They are super-enhanced (bionically/cybernetically/chemically/genetically etc) humans who are augmented with a huge array of cybernetics and heavy weapons. They are, essentially, a sort of counterpart to Obliterators. However, many old sources also suggest that Praetorians are instead an elite Skitarii type following the fashion of Imperial Guard stormtrooper units, but with slightly more augmentations, putting them somewhere "between" storm troopers and Space Marines. All of these are completely plausible, and based on the preferences of the Magi who build them.[*]

Canon Conflicts

*In Andy Chambers's Deus ex Mechanicus (Short Story), Praetorians are in fact servitors, rather than living humans. They move on tank treads and are armed with powerful weaponry, such as plasma cannons.[3]

3 books with praetorian skitarii in them

Your move gor
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:42

OOC: sure

*The Earthshaker batteries set up behind the now parked Centaurs. All nonessential guardsmen begin digging some shallow trenches and setting up a defensive line to protect the artillery*

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 2015-04-19, 12:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:42

alright then
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:43

Found some wierd weeaboo shit you lot would like
Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 Tali_mechanicus_by_spacemaxmarine-d5fmihq

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:43

Praetorian Servitors - Praetorian Servitors are perhaps the most feared of all the Servitors, for they are a class of heavily-armed and armoured Gun Servitors deployed by the Adeptus Mechanicus to guard the Tech-priests and all temples dedicated to the Machine God to be found on the various Forge Worlds. Praetorian Servitors are massive constructs created from the vat-grown bodies of genetically-engineered giant humanoids or from mind-scrubbed Ogryns committed to the service of the Adeptus Mechanicus for some crime against the Emperor. As a result of their tremendous size, Praetorian Servitors tower over even Space Marines on the battlefield and their sheer size and intimidating appearance alone is often enough to dissuade attacks or wrongdoing. Praetorian Servitors are normally outfitted with tracks or mechanical legs to support their immense bulks and provide them with enhanced combat mobility. Praetorian Servitors can also be assigned to serve as bodyguards to important Tech-priests and to bolster the Mechanicus' Skitarii troops in particularly difficult combat situations where their heavy support can often win the day.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:45

OOC: What are you two arguing about?
You BOTH just called them servitors!
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:46

IM calling them skitarii

Praetorians: These are the elite of the Skitarii
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:47

note my source is not lexicanum
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:47

Note my source is 3 books
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:48

I can get pictures of the books if you want

They are right next to me about 2ft away
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:48

note none of this matters in the slightest
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:49

Then why are you still talking about it
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:50

why are you?
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:52

because im proving my point

Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:53

Ladies! You're both pretty now get back on topic
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:53

You really mean it bush? aguuuu
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:56

Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 11094580_917872238236062_2021605583_n
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:56

XD
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:57

Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 10836493_502223783265375_1610759897_n
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:57

Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 11158159_502223813265372_964788137_n
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 12:59

Ooc: plz, noh.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:03

OOC: on topic stuff plz
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:05

the praetors load missiles and raise their launchers
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:10

*The artillery crews await further orders and raise the guns to a 45 degree angle*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:10

the tanks move out
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:23

Follows up.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:23

*they never stopped*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:24

they hear large amounts of fighting in the east
+they've taken the bait+
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:26

The mechanicum are setting up incredibly long ranged and powerful artillery

Last edited by Comrade Kitten on 2015-04-19, 13:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:28

+Lets hope it diverted enough of them+
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:33

+indeed, what's the plan from here?+
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:35

+the tanks engage the weakened ork defenders at this location and the other side of the fight going on just to the east. then when thats done we encircle the foe between both our forces and destroy them. that will make a hole in their lines to let our transports go through and allow them to assault the forge just behind their lines+
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:38

"Ad victoriam, ex machina" The giant shell is loaded into the colossal cannon, all that remains now is the firing order
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:40

+Seeing as I have a whole mess of transports shall I divert half of my forces to assault the forge?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:41

++good idea++
Back to top Go down
cow-man

cow-man

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:42

+I shall hold my transports back, we are more suited to the forge assault+
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:43

+good thinking+
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:45

+I shall have the them prepare at once+
*He gives the order and the Centuars fall further behind with the 2nd battle group only 50 metres ahead of them*

+Alright lads, the plan has changed. The infantry platoons and 2nd battle group are to push on and assault the forge once 1st battle group has punched a hole through enemy lines. The Earthshaker batteries are at your disposal!+

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 2015-04-19, 13:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:48

Scout: +sir ork forces are approaching from dead ahead+
+praetors, load foehammer missiles, pick targets and open fire!+
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:50

*My forces press on, eagerly awaiting the order to engage at will*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:51

+alright boys you know the drill, this is a punch-through op. dont stop moving unless you have to, engage at your discretion+
Back to top Go down
Local Bat Enthusiast

Local Bat Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime2015-04-19, 13:51

Would I be right to assume that the guardsman wouldn't be the best equipped to survive on a forge world where you can develop rust in your lungs? And plus there is sand

Who likes sand?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood, Sand and Tank Treads   Blood, Sand and Tank Treads - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood, Sand and Tank Treads
Page 9 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next