Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
+3
Captain Raeven
Gorath
Sir BushWookie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

Empires of Ashes - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:14

that night, at the campfire...
kenshin is cleaning the blade of his naginata
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:18

OOC: Naz, firstly, that's dark. Secondly..The hell you watching?

IC: *So are some of the Brigardi. The rest are on watch or out hunting.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:35

he looks around
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:37

*One of the Brigardi is polishing one of their outlandish tube weapons.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:42

he looks at it
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:45

*He can't make much out from it. It doesn't look like any weapon he's seen before.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:49

he keeps polishing his spear
(DONT!!!)
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-25, 23:56

Brigardi: Strange polearms your people use.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:01

"the naginata is a spear. designed for slashing. I could probably take your head off with this in one clean swing"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:04

Brigardi: All well and fine when you're fighting someone who's on foot. No so good for fighting a man on a horse, or some monster.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:05

"I've killed horsemen with it before"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:08

Brigardi: In light armor, perhaps. Against heavy plate though though, you need something that will pierce as opposed to slash.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:12

"take out the legs. kill the rider before he can stand"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:22

Brigardi: That takes care of the horse, yes, but when the man is covered in plate that will turn aside even the most well aimed slice, a weapon such as yours is useless.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:23

"a man pinned under his steed is no threat. he cannot defend himself"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:30

Brigardi: Hardly. He will still have his shield and his sword or whatever weapon he had in his hand when you felled his mount. A man like that is desperate and will fight tooth and nail and is very much a threat.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:33

"his leg will be broken. the bone likely crushed. he cannot move from under the beast. the shock and pain will likely cause him to drop his weaponry, and if not, with the naginata I can finish him from outside his reach easily"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:36

Brigardi: Perhaps....All I know is, the damn Dracians refuse to drop their weapons even in death.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:37

"I have never fought them"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:39

Brigardi: Neither have I. Most of what I know comes from stories.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:42

"likewise"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:51

Brigardi: What stories do your people have of Dracia?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:52

"mostly bad ones, we lost half of our empire to them"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 00:57

Brigardi: I see......Some of ours have us beating them back, but....I often wonder how many of them are just stories. Some of them don't seem real in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:00

"My father fought them several times. He told me a dracian legion is like a single enormous monster bristling with armour and blades, trampling all in its wake"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:04

Brigardi: Really? Mine told me my great grandfather fought alongside the Kaiser himself when the Dracians last invaded. And that his father's father told my grandfather that the Dracians trembled like children huddled around a dimming fire.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:05

"Did they fight in the field?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:09

Brigardi: Depends on what part of the story you want.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:10

"my father told me they are unstoppable in a field battle"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:12

*The Brigardi laughs.*

Brigardi: We bested them in a field battle. We slaughtered their entire army.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:13

"then the luck of the gods was with you"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:16

Brigardi: Gods? What gods? There was nothing divine about what happened that day.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:21

he shakes his head and goes back to his spear
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:24

Brigardi: What? You honestly think any gods care about a land as forsaken as ours? In Brigard, we make our own victories. We do not lean on any "gods" to carry us to victory.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:26

"you make light of the greatest tragedy in my people's history with your ignorance"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:30

*He stops for a moment.*

Brigardi: Forgive me....It's just....In Brigard, we don't believe in gods.....We can't. What caring "god" would let a child freeze to death in their own home....
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:37

"Dracia has killed hundreds of thousands of voldamians. there is a reason half the world is theirs."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:38

Brigardi: And you think they have killed fewer of my people? Believe me, if we could tear down Dracia we would.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:40

"we have fought dracia for centuries. all of it one sided"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:43

Brigardi: So have we...but it has been less one sided....but not without its costs.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:49

"when they truly come for your people, you'll know"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:53

Brigardi: I told you. They have come for my people before. Sometimes we bested them, sometimes we lost some coastal territory which we'd eventually reconquer. Tell me....How have your people fought Dracia? Has it been in "honorable battle"?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 01:57

"open war. thousands of battles. I cant speak for them all"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:03

Brigardi: That's your mistake. We may have bested them in open battle, but even then we'd try and make sure we had some advantage they did. But generally...we'd try not to fight an open battle at least not at first. First we break their morale before battle is properly joined. We do anything we can to weaken them, even if means sinking to levels others consider "dishonorable".
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:05

he looks at him
despite the mask the brigardi can tell he is frowning
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:10

Brigardi: What? Don't tell me you don't ambush your foes. That you don't send your foes the heads of their own diplomats and their retainers. Among other things.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:16

"you spit on the graves of my ancestors with your disrespect."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:17

Brigardi *clearly confused*: Excuse me?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:20

"my ancestors faced the greatest threat to my people in history head on, blade in hand. You call this a mistake?!"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:22

Brigardi: If you know you cannot win in an open fight, head on, with your foe's morale as high as it could be for any force of men, then us. Break them in spirit first, and then break them in body.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime2015-10-26, 02:28

he goes back to his spear
*quietly to himself* "Tada, subete no bugai-sha, keii no yōna."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next